Papua New Guinea Forum  
Kokoda Trekking on Facebook
_ Home    Business Directory    Tours & Travel    Employment    Tok SAVE    Forum    PNG Photo Gallery    FREE Classifieds    Contact Us

Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Goroka International

Old 19-08-2009, 09:35 AM

Karissa is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone
New at this whole thing and just registered this morning so not sure if this will work. I went to MIPS from 1982-1984 and was in the same year as Richard Blackley, Nicole-Gore Brown and many others. My brother also went to school there, Justin Meehan and my Dad, Geoff Meehan worked for what used to be called W.D. & H.O. WILLS. He is still working for the same company and travels to PNG at least once a year for work.
I have been back there numerous times and still find the place intoxicating if somewhat run-down. I was last there in 2007 and did the Kokoda Trail then spent a week in Madang and caught up with Maureen Hill who is still going strong and running the pre-school. MIPS is still there and some of the teachers aids that were working when I went to school are now qualified teachers. It does look somewhat different but still holds many, many memories. The big trees near on the oval side (where the school photos used to be taken) are down and the buildings are painted different colours plus a couple of extra rooms for kindergarten have been added on.
It was wonderful to go and visit although I have to say it brought a tear to my eye.
I still have some old year books with all the photo's etc in them, not sure if that is of any help to anyone.

Karissa
Old 21-12-2009, 02:30 PM

Ian G. Mileng is on a distinguished road
Hi Roger, I was just going through PNG Forum and came upon your posting. By the way, do know what ever happened to Ramah Hannem (spelling??)? Do you know where she is and and what she is up to these days? I can be contacted on Face Book or on the following e-mail addresses: mileng@pangtel.gov.pg or igmileng@gmail.com

Cheers and would love to hear from you,

Ian G. Mileng