Papua New Guinea Forum  
Kokoda Trekking on Facebook
_ Home    Business Directory    Tours & Travel    Employment    Tok SAVE    Forum    PNG Photo Gallery    FREE Classifieds    Contact Us

Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Goroka International

Old 19-12-2002, 07:12 AM

Wantoks is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Madang International Primary School still exist?

Hi folks, I was tripping down memory lane, I attended Madang Inter Primary School from 1977 to about 1979, does it still exist does anyone know? I could not find a website for it or even phone number details, I also attended LIHS from 1980 to 1981 and PMIHS from 1981 to 1983, when I finished year 10 then came "down south" to finish year 11 and 12 in Oz, would love to chat to anyone in that era, any wantoks out there?

cheers Dinesh
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 19-12-2002, 09:06 AM

Amamasim Dinesh is on a distinguished road
Wantok in need

Dinesh,

Sorry, as you know i can't help you with your enquirie, but i just wanted to say how cool i think it is that you are re-tracing your past like this. I hope you have some success in traking down what you are looking at.

Have a wonderful Christmas

Kylie
X
Old 23-10-2003, 01:03 PM

kyliefletcher18 is on a distinguished road
I attented madang primary school from 1990-1994. I don't know if it still exists but.
Old 27-10-2003, 03:08 PM

roger is on a distinguished road
yep

I think Madang International primary school still exists. A quick google search found a website with current contact details...
I went to MIPS from 1977 to 1982, and Mrs Hill's daycare before that. MIPS was great. Mrs Hill's was, alas, the root of where I learned to distrust authority. Didn't scar me for life, but having a forced afternoon nap in someone elses underpants wasn't for me.

Hey, any of my old classmates see this, please say so.
-roger 'stacey' stace

PS- I presume the Werror, Cassell, Klink, Proctor, Tsang, and Barter families are still somewhere in Madang, but whatever happened to the Pleintinger & Leet clans?
Old 28-10-2003, 10:48 AM

kyliefletcher18 is on a distinguished road
I use to go to Mrs Hills as well in 1986-1989. I think Mrs Hill is still in Madang.

Kylie
Old 08-11-2004, 02:21 AM

The Don is on a distinguished road
Hi Roger, just was looking at the postings and your name popped up and I remember it very well. I am Steven Scheurmann's brother. You were both in the same class together. I even know that we have pictures of you in our family photo album. Please email me if you can? ( bbdon01@suntel.com.au) , I am sure Steven would be interested to talk with you.
I can tell you that we had Martin Klink staying with us for a while when he finished GR12 in Qld Australia, lost contact after that.
Hope to hear from you. K Scheurmann.
BTW, the reason I came on this site, do you recall the name of a Stephen Bibi (Bebe) had a younger sister the year above you. Stephen B. left gr6 in 1979 I think.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:26 AM

The Don is on a distinguished road
Hi can you remember a person called Stephen Bibi ( Bebe) not sure of spelling. He left Madang in 1979 , I think in Gr6. He had a younger sister. Please let me know if you know who I mean.
Kim.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:23 PM

scuba-diver is on a distinguished road
Halooo,

Hi i never went to mips but i was brought up in Madang. Michelle Bebe is living in Madang and the Cassels,Tsang,Proctor,Klink and Barter family all still live in Madang.

Hope this helps
Old 13-04-2007, 10:06 PM

Magelau is on a distinguished road
Hi all...just thought I'd help too and let you all know that the Tsangs have sold their businesses and should be in Australia already...Sir Peter Barter is currently the MP of Madang and his son Andrew is now married to one of the Kramers (Juanita) and they have two children and still live in Madang. Mrs Hill is still living in Madang and still runs the daycare....

cheers
Old 29-05-2009, 12:40 PM

Ian G. Mileng is on a distinguished road
Hey Stacey, sooo damn good to hear from you and finally locate you.* This is Ian G. Mileng here.* I don't know if you remember me, but Neville (my brother) and I also went to MIPS and were in the same class from Gr. 5 to 6.* We transferred to Madang from Port Moresby.* I think Mrs. Porteous (hope I got the spelling right) was our Teacher in Gr. 5 and Mrs. Mansfield was our Teacer in Gr. 6.* Yeah, I remeber the fun and cheeky days at school and times we would come swiming at your place at the back of the Hospital.

Most of the names you mentioned still live in Madang.* My brother also lives in Madang and I understand they have a club of some sort, of all the MIPS oldies, they catch up from time to time.* As for me after completing Grades 7 - 10 at Tusbab High School, I went to Port Moresby and attended the University there and since completing University, I have been living in Port Moresby Since.

I also just received an e-mail from a cousin of mine saying that Steve Scheurmann and his broher (Kim) are looking for old MIPS students. Richard Leet is now living in Brisbane. As for you, what you up to these days?? Would be good to hear from you. Please e-mail me. My e-mail addresses are -

mileng@pangtel.gov.pg and igmileng@gmail.com

Cheers and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ian.