Papua New Guinea Forum  
Kokoda Trekking on Facebook
_ Home    Business Directory    Tours & Travel    Employment    Tok SAVE    Forum    PNG Photo Gallery    FREE Classifieds    Contact Us

Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 AM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
From the Doctor Who News Page:
Dennis Chinnery has passed away.

Born in 1926, Dennis Chinnery appeared in three Doctor Who stories The Chase, Genesis of the Daleks & Colin Baker’s formal debut story The Twin Dilemma.
His first two Doctor Who stories were written by Dalek creator Terry Nation. Interestingly Chinnery appeared in other works written by Nation that of The Saint episode Invitation to Danger Survivors episode Garland’s War.

Other roles included The Avengers, The Prisoner, The Champions, Strange Report & Rivals of Sherlock Holmes.

Chinnery died on February 29 2012 at the age of 85.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:21 PM

The Dalek Collection is the 3 disc DVD release of all the Dalek stories featuring the Ninth and Tenth Doctors except the Daleks’ battle with the Cybermen in Army of Ghosts/Doomsday which is instead in the Cybermen Collection.
If there is one dissatisfaction with this release it is with the DVD montage.
It is the same montage on all three discs and it is not representative of all the stories in this release. The montage is lacking in representation of Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways & The Stolen Earth/Journey’s End.
The point of a montage is to give an overview of what is on a disc. So therefore instead of having the same montage for all three discs, there should instead been separate montage on each of the three discs presenting what is on each of these discs.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 AM

2012 Annual:
In a question in the game Word Swirl it asked “The number of regenerations the Doctor has undergone so far.” The answer to this was eleven. This is incorrect since the current Doctor is the Eleventh Doctor it would mean that this Doctor came as a result of his tenth regeneration. Therefore he has undergone ten regenerations.
If the Doctor had undergone eleven regenerations it would mean that his first regeneration was when he became the First Doctor. How can there be a regeneration for a life that hasn’t existed yet.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Philip Madoc has passed away.

Born on July 5 1934, Philip Madoc made his first appearance in the world created by Doctor Who when he played Brockley in the second of the two Peter Cushing-Dalek movies Daleks’ Invasion Earth AD.
It was then that he appeared in the TV series none of which was a reunion with the Daleks.

He appeared in two Patrick Troughton stories as Eelek in The Krotons & as The War Lord in the Troughton swansong The War Games and then in two Tom Baker stories as Solon in The Brain of Morbius & as Fenner in The Power of Kroll.

He then made further Doctor Who appearances in two Big Finish audio in the Seventh Doctor story Master (in a sad case of time Anne Ridler who had played his wife in this story died pre-deceased Madoc by months) and a reunion with the Krotons in the Sixth Doctor story Return of the Krotons.

Of further interest to Doctor Who fans, he recently lent his vocal talents for The Scarifyers audio series.

Other roles outside of Doctor Who included The Avengers, The Baron, The Saint, Man In A Suitcase, The Champions, the original series of Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), UFO, The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes, The Goodies, the first episode of Space: 1999, Breakaway & Survivors.

Philip Madoc died on March 5 2012 at the age of 77 of natural causes

Last edited by Matt See; 07-03-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 AM

Former Stargate SG-1 and Farscape star Ben Browder has been cast as a guest star in Doctor Who season 37 in the same episode with Adrian Scarborough (Downton Abbey).

http://scifibulletin.com/2012/03/07/...ns-doctor-who/
Old 08-03-2012, 11:55 PM

Dominic Kemp has been cast in the same episode with Rob Cavazos, Adrian Scarborough and Ben Browder.
Dominic Kemp would again work with Matt Smith, having previously worked with him in Moses Jones.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:08 AM

The second recording block of the upcoming season comprising of two episodes by Steven Moffat will be directed by Nick Hurran.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:20 AM

Worldwide Web:
Worldwide Web is the concluding instalment of the finale of the third season of the Eighth Doctor New Adventures from Big Finished released in 2009 and written by Eddie Robson.
Worldwide Web concludes the storyline that began with The Eight Truths.
Worldwide Web is an effective ending to the Spiders story. Kudos goes to Sheridan Smith as both Lucie herself and that of being possessed by the Queen Spider.
As well as The Eight Truths/Worldwide Web being a sequel to the Pertwee swansong Planet of the Spiders, it seems to have taken elements from the TV series.
The depiction of an afterlife here came in 2009 the year after one was shown in Forest of the Dead, the Headhunter refusing to give her name so that the Eighth Doctor would be able to save her life felt suspiciously like the Tenth Doctor trying unsuccessfully to convince the Master to regenerate in Last of the Time Lords and the last line in Worldwide Web achieved something that Revelation of the Daleks was not able to do with its last line and that is to state unequivocally that the Doctor and companion’s next destination is Blackpool.
The interviews at the end of the disc were enjoyable the highlight of which is guest star Stephen Moore which included him talking about his time as Marvin the Paranoid Android in Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. It was pointed out to Moore that the Spiders story was directed by the voice of the Daleks, Nick Briggs and this unavoidably led me to imagine a Dalek directing Marvin and it is a sight to behold.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:01 PM

Best of the Companions:
Second of the BBC America's "Best of..." specials.
This looks at the companions of the Eleventh Doctor so far, the most impressive of which was the part about Amy.
I understand completely Alison Haislip's jealously of the companions travelling with the Doctor. Personally I think she would have made an excellent companion.
When Danielle Harris talked about young Amelia I could not help to think that she could have played young Amelia these Doctor Who episodes were made when Ms Harris was a little girl.
She wasn't in the Doctor's special but it was delight to see Natalie Morales who was a regular in the short-lived The Middleman. The Middleman looks like Torchwood but The Middleman has been described as America's Doctor Who.
It was curious when Natalie Morales speculated when River was Cleopatra in The Pandorica Opens whether River was Cleopatra all along or only pretended to be her at that time. I just realised that if River was Cleopatra all along that would present a continuity problem. This is because Mickey in Girl In The Fireplace mentioned that the Doctor had already met Cleopatra. If that was the case why is it the Tenth Doctor didn't recognise River in Silence in the Library?
Scott Adsit put it correctly when he said that River was like Hogan's Heroes and that is she is able to come in and out of her prison at any time she likes.
Quite like the music at the end. Quite upbeat and delightful and not the kind of music that is usually played in Doctor Who.
Old 14-04-2012, 01:09 PM

The Impossible Astronaut:
One of the pieces on The Impossible Astronaut in The Brilliant Book 2012 was Tricky ****y – Just Who Was Richard Nixon as it profiled Nixon.
In this article it stated that Nixon’s “cronies” was involved with the Watergate break-in and that despite this Nixon still kept the keys to the White House until his resignation in 1974 (thanks to Nixon taking the Doctor’s advice to tape everything).
As the article stated the reason for the Watergate break-in is that with it being the headquarters of Nixon’s opponent the Democratic Party, Nixon’s “cronies” wanted to steal information that might ruin the chances of the Democrats winning the presidential election in 1972.
Not only was the Watergate break-in stupid but was definitely not necessary.
The Democratic nominee George S McGovern was never a serious threat to Nixon as indicated by Nixon’s eventual landslide victory over McGovern. As the real Nixon wrote in his memoirs about McGovern and the 1972 campaign, the less than he had to do the more likely he was going to win.
I know that no election is a sure thing but if Nixon’s “cronies” wanted to ensure Nixon’s reelection then Watergate was not the way to go about it.
As well as the Doctor giving Nixon a hint about David Frost in Day of the Moon, perhaps the Doctor should also told Nixon to trust his confidence in 1972 and not to do anything more than he had to do.