Papua New Guinea Forum  
Kokoda Trekking on Facebook
_ Home    Business Directory    Tours & Travel    Employment    Tok SAVE    Forum    PNG Photo Gallery    FREE Classifieds    Contact Us

Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Goroka International

Old 23-10-2006, 02:48 PM

Keryn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandens
G'day Scott,

remember me? Ean Vandenberg?
Whats happening mate? caught up with Scott Martin last week in Hobart, was excellent to see someone who grew up in Goroka, had heaps of laughs! Look forward to hearing from you.
Ean
Hi Ean,

Its Keryn Flynn here. I used to live down the road from you at China Town. Your dad was our swimming coach and you use to have a bad style swimming freestyle. How's your sisters, Helen and Brit? Say hi to them. Anna Wild, Paula Amos, David and Michael HAnnon are all still here in Goroka. David is actually my boss at work.
Have a great day.

Keryn
Old 26-10-2006, 04:27 PM

quick is on a distinguished road
hi keryn. this is freder1ck tamay0. i think we may have been classmates. even up to pinewoods, i think. just correct me if i'm wrong.

i'm pretty sure you are in this picture originally posted by ben spycher.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3269/gips81ji1.png

how's things in goroka?

Last edited by quick; 08-03-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: problem with attachment
Old 21-12-2006, 08:24 AM

Holly. is on a distinguished road
Wink Reply To Martins

Hey Martins,

Its Holly Tuckerman here, I did the goggle you name and I found the PNG Forum.
Currently iiving in Hendra. Matt is working with dad building. Nick Chinn lives 2 streets from me. Hope you guys are well and you can send an e-mail to hollytuckerman@hotmail.com........................ ..........This is weird, do you remember the dodgey bakery were we all used to go to get scholl pies, behind steamships hardware?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:14 PM

Kassie is on a distinguished road
Hi guys,

Kassie G**e here. Just jumping in on the convers**ion. Names from the past heh? I don't have any of the contact details to pass on th** you are after, but your names are ringing some memory bells here. Hi Keryn, we swam together for a couple of years. wh** you up to?

ARe you all going to the reunion? I am, hope to see you there

Cheers

Kas
Old 06-07-2007, 11:59 AM

Hi Kassie,
Yes I do remember you and your sister. You were so good ** freestyle and breaststroke. Yes those good old days ** the minogere pool. Its still open but more like a day b**h for the local children. I am still living here in Goroka. I have two boys and a daughter. Two of my own and one adopted from Anna Wild. Don't know if you still remember her. My daughter is 16 and doing year 11 in Toowoomba, Nicky is 9 and Branden 5. Where do you live now? Hope to c**ch up ** the reunion.

Lukim
Keryn
Old 07-07-2007, 07:13 PM

Kassie is on a distinguished road
Hi Keryn,

Gre** to hear from you. I remember you were no slouch in the pool either girl. So many hours spent swimming up and down th** pool. When I left PNG the place we moved to had no nearby pool so my swimming career came to a swift halt. I have gre** memories though. So you still live in Goroka hey, th**s cool. And no doubt keeping busy with your kids. I have 2 daughters, Tegan is 10 and Mikaela is 8. I'm married and living in Newcastle Aus.

Yes I do remember Anna Wild, who could forget her. Is she still in Goroka too? I don't have contact with anyone regularly from Goroka now. I hear from Bev Balenzuela and Jackie Schwarz occasionally. I hear Bev will be ** the reunion. Do you know anyone else who will be going?

Has Goroka changed much since 1984? Do your kids go to the intern**ional school there?

Take care and see you in Sept.

Kas
Old 08-07-2007, 09:09 PM

Melscott is on a distinguished road
Oh my god!!! this is amazing, this is Melissa Scott and am living in Byron Bay, NSW with one child, boy, Remy 3yrs and very naughty. REceived a phone call from Nick Chin this afternoon regarding reunion, so decided to jump on net. Steph and I will be attending reunion with partners. Steph is in Toowoomba with husband Micheal and two very very naughty boys Angus and James.

Soooooooooo looking forward to catch up with so many people and testing my memory on names and faces.

This is great! Pls let me know what you are all up to.

Mel
Old 11-07-2007, 04:46 PM

Hi Melissa,

Great to hear from you. How are you!! I am still here in good old Goroka. I work with David and Michael Hannon, don't know if you remember them. How is Stephanie, busy with her two boys no doubt. My daughter goes to school in Toowoomba at the Glennie School. She doing year 11 at the moment. Hope to see you at the reunion. Anna Wild and I will be there.

Lukim

Keryn
Old 11-07-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassie
Hi Keryn,

Gre** to hear from you. I remember you were no slouch in the pool either girl. So many hours spent swimming up and down th** pool. When I left PNG the place we moved to had no nearby pool so my swimming career came to a swift halt. I have gre** memories though. So you still live in Goroka hey, th**s cool. And no doubt keeping busy with your kids. I have 2 daughters, Tegan is 10 and Mikaela is 8. I'm married and living in Newcastle Aus.

Yes I do remember Anna Wild, who could forget her. Is she still in Goroka too? I don't have contact with anyone regularly from Goroka now. I hear from Bev Balenzuela and Jackie Schwarz occasionally. I hear Bev will be ** the reunion. Do you know anyone else who will be going?

Has Goroka changed much since 1984? Do your kids go to the intern**ional school there?

Take care and see you in Sept.

Kas
Hi Kas,

Yes Anna is still in Goroka also. Her family now owns the minogere lodge. The last time Anna and I went to Cairns, we saw Rhonda Vanderkamp.
My two boys go to GPS, a new school at the other end of town at North Goroka. Its a private school, small but good.
Nick Schwartz and Sonya Giddings did a write up in the reunion newsletter so it was nice to know what Ben and Jackie are up to.

Hope to be there at the reunion.

Take care

Keryn
Old 12-07-2007, 12:05 AM

Neil Watson is on a distinguished road
Reunion is in brisbane ?

Hi all Neil Watson here. My bro Ian and I were at Pinewoods mid-80's. Some familiar names here includng the Naugs (who could forget that late might car ride eh boyz), and mentions of old classmates including Anna Wild, Gratz, Rhonda Van derKamp, the Schwarz's etc...

Have completely lost track of all ex-PNG'ers so delighted to stumble across this forum. Some other names to throw into the pot - Maureen Collins .. Lara Crawford, Matt Hilgendorf, the Adoremos, Ferdie Tamayo, James (Jimmy) Maunder. Funnily enuff I have an old Pinewoods yearbook my bro (Ian) and Eli Adoremos put togteher .. if i can find a scanner ill post some pix ...

I'm living in syd married with 2 kids (3 and 1) - late start
Ian is also married, living in Brissy, with 2 kids 6 and 3.

I assume the reunion is in Brissy - might get there - also someone mentioned a reunion newsletter written by Nick Shwarz - I'd like to see that.

Finally a suggestion - how bout a post where reunion attendees sign up so others can see who is going...

Lukim yu ...