Papua New Guinea Forum  
Kokoda Trekking on Facebook
_ Home    Business Directory    Tours & Travel    Employment    Tok SAVE    Forum    PNG Photo Gallery    FREE Classifieds    Contact Us

Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Living in Papua New Guinea > Lae

Old 23-10-2005, 05:15 PM

wendyemc is on a distinguished road
Hi Kylie,

I wish you success with your quest; it's good to see people connecting with one another through this site. Hi, too, to everyone else; have just updated my LaeKidz site, including a beaut photo Reid Lowe sent me of his 1964 grade 1 class and teacher, a clearly recognizable Cathy Slattery. If anyone wants to check it out you'll find it at
http://www.wendyclarke.com/Adobe%20a...idz/index.html

Brian, re your private message re proposed reunion, please get back to me when you have time. Margaret, have sent you a message using your hotmail address; so far it hasn't gone through. Would love to hear from you, and anyone else who grew up in Lae during the 50's through to Independence. Even better if you can dig up some names, photos, etc. pertinent to the era.
Chris, with my daughter's wedding out of the way I have posted your TOS material to the main site - thanks once again for sending it to me. So many familiar faces in the pics and even more familiar names in the program; they look like they're having a ball - makes me wish I'd still been there to see that 1971 production of the Taming of the Shrew in person.

Cheers, Wendy
Old 11-08-2006, 01:25 PM

Janine Brett is on a distinguished road
How many moons has it been

Hallo to everyone using this thread:

I have been meaning to send this for weeks. Thanks to Wendy and Brian for organising the reunion and I am so glad to see that Graeme, Philippa, Margaret, Lesley and I could go on and on are going. Brian, I found some great photos taken I think at Busama when we stayed over and the 'oldies' supervising were the Zavattaros and the Drakes. You might have copies but if not, I will bring them with me. I have tried to get my older brother, Brian to go to the reunion but he said not many of his age are going ie Carl Serafini, Dennis Hayes, etc. Brian, I think you might see Paul S, can you let me know if you hear anything of them. Brian had a stroke a couple of years ago and doesn't work so he is really interested in the Lae years.

How will we be able to catch up in one night! We are really looking forward to the reunion.

Thanks again.
Janine Brett (Smith)
Old 18-08-2006, 05:23 AM

wendyemc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine Brett
Hallo to everyone using this thread:

I have been meaning to send this for weeks. Thanks to Wendy and Brian for organising the reunion and I am so glad to see that Graeme, Philippa, Margaret, Lesley and I could go on and on are going. Brian, I found some great photos taken I think at Busama when we stayed over and the 'oldies' supervising were the Zavattaros and the Drakes. You might have copies but if not, I will bring them with me... How will we be able to catch up in one night! We are really looking forward to the reunion.

Thanks again.
Janine Brett (Smith)
Hi Janine,

Any chance you could scan and send me copies of your photos for our slideshow?

Cheers, Wendy