Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates

School Mates Catch up with your school mates from PNG. TISOL, POMIS, RIS, POM Grammar, Bulae, and a lot more!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:04 PM

Karen Baker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle56 View Post
Hi my name is Michelle.

I went to Wewak Primary Grade 3 1964 - my father was in the army and we lived at Moem on the army base. Travelled to school each day in the army truck. I still have a school newsletter and the school used to be called "Wewak Primary 'A' School". The school newsletter was called 'The Garamut'. It has my grade 3 class photo in it, there were 12 in the class.

Hey Michelle,
Great to get your message and hear you were in the same school. I was born in 63, and I think I started school in Wewak. How great you have a newsletter- would love to see it. Are you on flickr by any chance???
Karen Baker
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 AM

Michelle56 is on a distinguished road
Sorry not on flickr. The newsletter is only the 2nd volume. The editors were Peter Morton from grade VI and Leslie Martin. One of my best friends back then was Robyn Martin - her dad was the Mayor of Wewak and owned the local garage. I remember te school excursion to Wewak Cordials and they actually had an add on the back page of the newsletter. That hill on the way to school was incredible - I remember the day the army truck we were going to school in couldn't make it up as it was raining so heavy he couldn't get traction and we slid all the way back down backwards. We all bailed out and walked up and met him at the top when he finally made it. My dad worked in supply as well while he was up there - his name is George Armitage and mum first worked at the Wewak Libary then at the army canteen. I have met up with a guy that was in my sisters class in grade VI - John Babao - he lives in the same suburb as me. Small world.
Old 26-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Hey Michelle,
sorry I haven't responded earlier
Do you remember if Robyn's father's name was Bruce... and did he play the trumpet...?

I wish I had contact with my family, there are many gaps I just cannot fill myself.

I am 48- eek- just turned 48 last week... how old are you??
direct email is mosaicartbykarenbaker@hotmail.com
Karen Baker
Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 PM

G G Wease is on a distinguished road
Hi karen and Michelle, I was at Wewak at Moem, my Dad was RSM of 2PIR 67 to 70 and both my brother and I went to Wewak A school as it was know then.

Karen I sent you an email hope it get to you. Grahame (Greg) Wease
Old 10-09-2011, 01:30 PM

Re Wewak school photo

Hey Daniel,
read your post on the PNG forum, and would love to see a copy of your photo to see if I am in it- or my brother. I think we were still in Wewak then.
my email is
mosaicartbykarenbaker@hotmail.com
feel free to send it there or write to me.
I am just in contact with a Grahame Wease- do you know that name- his dad was in the Army like mine, so I am looking forward to finding out more from him.
(your name seems familiar to me...
Cheers Karen Baker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 06 View Post
Hello

My name is Daniel Lillyman and i went to a primary school in Wewak ( 1972-1973) but do not know which one. I am also trying to find other students in the same class, i have a photo but no names to go with it. My father was a teacher at Brandy High School and we lived in Wewak for 6 years. I am contacting you in the hope that you may know others who went to school in Wewak at the same time.
Cheers
Daniel
Old 10-09-2011, 01:37 PM

Hey Grahame,
Got your email and responded.
Karen
Old 10-09-2011, 01:52 PM

re wewak

Michelle,
email me at mosaicartbykarenbaker@hotmail.com- would love to see a copy of that newsletter. Thanks Karen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle56 View Post
Sorry not on flickr. The newsletter is only the 2nd volume. The editors were Peter Morton from grade VI and Leslie Martin. One of my best friends back then was Robyn Martin - her dad was the Mayor of Wewak and owned the local garage. I remember te school excursion to Wewak Cordials and they actually had an add on the back page of the newsletter. That hill on the way to school was incredible - I remember the day the army truck we were going to school in couldn't make it up as it was raining so heavy he couldn't get traction and we slid all the way back down backwards. We all bailed out and walked up and met him at the top when he finally made it. My dad worked in supply as well while he was up there - his name is George Armitage and mum first worked at the Wewak Libary then at the army canteen. I have met up with a guy that was in my sisters class in grade VI - John Babao - he lives in the same suburb as me. Small world.
Old 13-09-2011, 02:46 PM

G G Wease is on a distinguished road
Hey Karen.. sent you an email 11.09.11 did you receive it? if not I can send again. regards Grahame
Old 23-09-2011, 12:05 PM

C172pilot is on a distinguished road
enquiries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Yep.
Wewak inter is still there. I attended WIPS in 1996-1999. Cheak google earth to prove it.

Cheers!!
Hi there,
i was there from 1995-2004.....sorry didnt get you name.....my name was fredley martin back than but now it fredley talu (parents got married)
Old 18-10-2017, 11:34 PM

Zasha is on a distinguished road
Smile Great School

It's a great school, with lots of amazing people in it.Even though it isn't a very huge school compared to the others ,everyone there is like family.gonna miss all the fun times there....