Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Living in Papua New Guinea > Lae

Old 18-12-2005, 12:19 PM

matt.emery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyemc
Heard from your Mum yesterday, Matt, and she confirmed that Tim did indeed go to Coronation Primary in the mid-sixties. She said you were in Japan, if I remember rightly - her phone call took me by surprise. What are you doing there - working or just on holiday?

Cheers,
Wendy
Moved here seven years ago for work. Just had two little boys in September. Their mum is Japanese, so they'll no doubt grow up knowing the Japanese festivals. I vaguely remember the Goroka show. Want to go back some day and explore.

Have you been back recently?
Old 19-12-2005, 03:03 PM

janet mcarthur is on a distinguished road
hi my name is janet mcarthur my older sisters were carla and jon both deceased we left lae june 1960i remember a lot of names hendricks vinings botrell and leone phillips and more i am siting next to leony on the left and the teacher is mrs wormsley i have just discovered this site and love to read messages and memories salty plums red ginger spent my 2 shillings pocket money the bakery on top coronation dr pie a shilling im married 34yrs 2 sons 29 22yrs bye for now thanks wendy.
Old 19-12-2005, 03:05 PM

janet mcarthur is on a distinguished road
hi my name is janet mcarthur my older sisters were carla and jon both deceased we left lae june 1960i remember a lot of names hendricks vinings botrell and leone phillips and more i am siting next to leony on the left and the teacher is mrs wormsley i have just discovered this site and love to read messages and memories salty plums red ginger spent my 2 shillings pocket money the bakery on top coronation dr pie a shilling im married 34yrs 2 sons 29 22yrs bye for now thanks wendy.
Old 20-12-2005, 03:23 PM

wendyemc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt.emery
Moved here seven years ago for work. Just had two little boys in September. Their mum is Japanese, so they'll no doubt grow up knowing the Japanese festivals. I vaguely remember the Goroka show. Want to go back some day and explore.

Have you been back recently?
No, but I've heard from people who have, and who say there are still a lot of nice people in Lae, though of course it's not the Lae we remember. From what I've been told I think I'll stick with my memories.

Cheers, Wendy
Old 20-12-2005, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet mcarthur
Hi Janet, nice to hear from you. When you say you are sitting next to Leone on the left are you talking about the Coronation Primary 1957 grade 1 photo I have on my Lae Schools site, or do you have a different school photo? Also, is Mccarthur your maiden name, and did your sisters go to Coronation primary as well? I can put you in contact with Leone if you wish, plus some other old classmates; please get in touch with me at wendyemc@optusnet.com.au

Cheers, Wendy
Old 19-07-2006, 08:42 AM

Old friends wanting to catch up with Mick Emery

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangarubicon
Funny to read all this Mark and Michael are my fathers cousins. I was speaking to Michael last week unfortunaly his father had just passed away.
Brian Zavattaro and Ian Hendrick are looking for their old buddy Mick Emery; see photo attached. I said I'd post this for them as Brian didn't know how to attach the photo (left to right Brian Zavattaro, Mick Emery, Ian Hendrick). Brian's email address is
briev@bigpond.net.au
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BZav-MEmery-IHendrick2.jpg (54.8 KB, 334 views)
Old 19-07-2006, 04:08 PM

kangarubicon is on a distinguished road
Hi Wendy I have been in contact with Dave in regards to contacting Michael.

Regards
Tony
Old 21-07-2006, 07:03 AM

Thanks Tony, I know Brian would be very glad to hear from him.

Cheers, Wendy
Old 11-10-2007, 12:14 PM

stephen grey is on a distinguished road
LAE 60s & 70s

I came across this site by accident. I went to primary school at coronation drv in the 60's then south to boarding school. Went back to Lae in 74 until 80 and worked at unitech. I often think about the special times and the great life we had. Every day was an adventure when we were young, Brian Kelly, Bruce Watkins, Garth Starchan Anthony Michelle Danny Seeto are names that come to mind.

Hope to get back to Lae next year, am currently based in Melbourne
Old 13-01-2008, 11:34 PM

maxi is on a distinguished road
Lae Map & 66 Lae Phone book

Hi WendyI have only recently located this forum, memories unbelievable.
Lived in Hibiscus Ave till 68 then moved to Madang, leaving the territory 70.
Would appreciate acopy of the Lae map and the 66 phone book emailed to me if possible (mgovan8@bigpond.com)
Regards
Max Govan

Last edited by maxi; 14-01-2008 at 12:02 AM.