Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Finding (Old) Friends

Finding (Old) Friends Come here if you want to find and catch up with your old friends. Also try the School Forums if your friend was associated with one.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:31 AM

Moomz is on a distinguished road
Hello

Hi Zaydah

Wow that's a blast from the past!

My name's Geraldine and if you were in Simone's class then you must've been in mine. I do remember your name but that's as far as I go... age is catching up hence the depletion of memory cells :-)

I'll try and find out if that capsule was ever dug up.

Ms Cupples ended up getting married to a Pilot and became Mrs Wellington. Ms Mitchell is still teaching in Papua New Guinea and still dressed up in her unique stye. Have no idea where Mr Horsefiled is.... remember that goatee....

Have you heard from Simone?

Ciao

Geraldine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanz
Hi Simone, my name is Zaydah and I dont expect you to remember me but I definitely remember your name.

I was in prep in 1979 also. I went to MIPS until Grade 6. I was there when we buried the time capsule but I dont know if it was dug up in 2000. I would be very interested to know how that went!

I now live in Australia and I'm working with the Commonwealth Government. I have an honours degree in Psychology.

It's incredible that you were there too when we buried the capsule! I had 2 older brothers who also went to MIPS plus an older sister. There names are Jeffrey, Tony and Raemar.

Great to hear there are others out there who have special memories like myself!!

Z
Old 13-08-2006, 07:32 PM

Solox is on a distinguished road
meri bomais

no comment

Last edited by Solox; 25-03-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 17-08-2006, 06:27 PM

Ben6 is on a distinguished road
Is anyone able to help?

Hi people from MIPS. I went to Madang International in '88 but have lost all photos and yearbooks I had from my primary school days. Is there anyone out there who could post something on the forum linked below?

http://www.pngbd.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15930

Anything would be appreciated and I'm sure that there are others out there who would be interested.
Cheers,
Ben
Old 03-09-2006, 09:46 AM

Sam73au is on a distinguished road
Old Friends

Hi Zaydah,

My husband came across this site by accident trying to find out information about my dad's life in Papua New Guinea. Instead he was very suprised to find my name in your message you posted two years ago.

It definitely brought back a lot of fond memories hearing all my old friends names, especially when i saw your message with Geraldine and Simone. I still have our class photograph from grade 1 or 2. I take it out from time to time and wonder where every is.

I have been in Australia since 1988 and I still consider Madang my home. I hold an early childhood degree and I am currently a supply teacher. I am enjoying having a more flexible life style after full time work for so many years.

Does anyone know what happened to Pania Williams who is now married or Rebecca. I am truly sorry that I do not remember Rebecca's surname.

Sammie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanz
Hi all!

My name is Zaydah Hunnam and I used to go to MIPS quite a number of years ago beginning in Prep, up until Grade 6.

I have very fond memories of my old school, and often ponder how much it has developed and changed since I attended. It would be interesting to know if anyone from those years including teachers still remain in the area.

Some of the teachers names I recall include Mrs Bailey, Mrs Couples, Mr Horsefield (Principle).

Some of the students I still remember include, the Klink Brothers (Paul&Anthony), Max and Marina Moeder, Sonia Mancey, Sammy Sherwin, Allison Gandy, Christopher Tsang, Kathy Leet, Lybia Taurua, Karen Kunjebihari just to name a few.

It would be interesting to hear from those, if any, that still remain in the area. I am planning a visit in the near future to what I consider my old 'home'. If I am fortunate I may encounter a familiar face or two. If any of you know me or remember these names, then it would be fabulous to hear from you.

In any case I welcome comments from anyone, and would like to hear about how MIPS is progressing. Especially since my departure a number of years ago.

I am now living in Australia, and currently working with the Australian Commonwealth Government. I have an honours degree in Psychology and I have other siblings who also went to MIPS. Two older brothers named Jeffrey and Tony, plus an older sister named Raemar.

I look forward to hearing from you all, even if you dont know me it would still be nice to hear some lovely comments about my old school.

Z
Old 03-09-2006, 10:50 AM

karin1255 is on a distinguished road
Is this Samantha Sherwin? Is your father Rod Sherwin? Please email me directly yo karinmhunter@hotmail.com. My name is Karin Beschel (now Hunter). I was also in your class since Kindy/Prep.
Cheers
karin
Old 05-09-2006, 01:59 PM

bynby is on a distinguished road
Calling ex-students of Madang International School...My name is Ms. Bertha Ngahan and I am a teacher there. To coincide with the IEA's 30th Anniversary Celebrations, the school will be creating an ALumni for all graduands. Please contact me bngahan@hotmail.com
Old 04-11-2006, 12:50 PM

Adam Madang is on a distinguished road
Hi there, My name is Adam Dunn

I went to MIPS on and off up until year 4 in 1988.. I went to so many schools i can hardly remember any names from those days but looking here I recognise a few. Mr Stobbs was my teacher for a while, I was in the same grade as Marcel Moeder, Nigel Seeto, Haley Fletcher, Steven Bailey, Pam we may have been in the same class briefly.. if anyone else was in my class i'd love to hear how you are doing? I'm living sydney now, I have 3 sisters one 2 years older - Melanie Dunn, and 2 younger sisters Rebecca and Stephanie.. My mum Karen Dunn was also mentioned here she was a teacher but not at MIPS..
Old 05-12-2006, 08:55 PM

pam_latorre is on a distinguished road
hi adam!
yup, i do remember you. i got an e-mail from sonia mcgoon some time back, and i was able to get in touch with moira peters as well. i'm in dubai, u.a.e. now...been here for almost 3 years. drop me an e-mail sometime (pam_latorre@yahoo.com).
Old 05-01-2007, 10:00 AM

MikeG is on a distinguished road
Wow. I was trawling the net on a 'track down old friends' hunt, as I was on the bus to work this morning, and swore that i saw someone that i went to school with in Lae, only to come across this site!

My name is Mike Garvey, and I went to MIPS in the early 80s for a couple of years before we moved to Bougainville. My brother Matt also attended (he's 4 years younger than me, so he would've been in Prep or something?) I recall the teacher I had when we first moved to Madang from Lae was a tall NZr (I think) with a moustache, and his wife also taught at the school, but unfortunately I can't recall their surnames (I think it was Williams or something like that?). I think that was about 1983? MR. Horsefield was the headmaster at the time.

I do fondly recall Miss Couples (Cupples? And then Wellington after she married) as my teacher after that, so I'm guessing about 1984 (I also remember getting into trouble with her for talking too much in class...). My best friend at the time was Michael Heywood, and other names I recall from my class are Laura Bailey, her friend Michelle (who I think i have seen here in Brisbane just recently, as well!), and 2 other guys, Scott and Brett (who I think was English, or his family were?)

Other names I can recall/people I knew - the Blackley brothers; Ben Cassel (Cassels?) and his sister; Nicole Gore-Brown; and the Fletcher sisters (who i also used to live in the same street as! I think Hayley was the middle sister, and her Mum later had a boy if I heard correctly?). I was also friends with a guy whose name completely escapes me, but he lived near the water, had a huge Star Wars and lego collection, and his Dad was a bank manager or something? I think his name was Rob or something...

I think we left for Bougainville around mid/later 1985, and my teacher then was 'Mrs. Williams' (wife of the first teacher I mentioned above - so I could have the name wrong).

Went to boarding school in Brisbane from '87 to '88, and then we moved to Brisbane after my Dad died in a car accident in later '88. Have been living in Brisbane since then.

Wow. I think I'll have to dig out my old MIPS year books and have a look through them before I ramble to much more here! Take care everyone, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Mike
Old 05-01-2007, 10:25 PM

Uli Woelfel is on a distinguished road
Hi Nigel,

this is Ali Wölfel, writing under my sons name, we found this Page yesterday. Uli and Anja have attended your classes at MIPS and we have been diving together. I had been the Officer in Charge at Yagaum. Anja is living in Plymouth. Greetings to Karen

Albrecht