Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates

School Mates Catch up with your school mates from PNG. TISOL, POMIS, RIS, POM Grammar, Bulae, and a lot more!

Old 19-01-2006, 12:12 PM

shredda is on a distinguished road
Wink

[quote=melba]hi this is melba valdez, i'm a filipino who lived in mendi from 1975 to 1985. i remember mr. and mrs. ralph very well as i was one of their students.[/QUOTE=dave]hi melba , i remember you . this is dave milne ,i was at mips 1981 mr pucetti was my teacher from memory you were in mrs french's class .my sister joanne was there also . you are the 1st contact with anyone from there lets hope we can find more . 1982 we came back to new zealand
Old 22-01-2006, 08:04 PM

Cool mendi international primary school

i was there in 1981 gr 6 i was at that time the eldest in the school. mrs boyce was the head teacher , mr pucetti was my teacher , mrs french was the other .being a kiwi rugby was the game , too many aussies got hurt so touch it was .made a lot of mates , gavin,tony,mitch,raul,manoa,doddy , wonder where they are now .
Old 29-01-2011, 02:18 PM

Jana.. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
My parents were the teachers at MIPS from 92-96
Gosh Mr n Mrs WALKER!!! i accidentally found this site..im extremely happy to see u here James. u might not remember me..im was there by 93 i gues. i remember u n Jessie mostly.my sissy was medhani in the senior class with Jessie while i was in thr Junior. Mrs Walker was my favourite!!! i was trying to find any contact to her..she knew me as Jana..publish any email adress to contact her or Mr.Walker....nice to see u again guyz!!!!
Old 13-12-2011, 02:20 PM

yingxuy is on a distinguished road
Travel a short-term hloidau support Mendy never give them a chance, so they never really liked it solved .. But in any case, the local has changed, I always said one day I will go and see, and meet some of my men have a lot in Dow.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:51 PM

Jana.. is on a distinguished road
Hey james, u myt not rmbr me but jessie would..im from Sri Lanka. one of the fav students of your mum. will you plz say hi to Mrs. Walker for me? im Janadaree Bandara. She called me jana. and my sister was in the senior class with jessie. shes medhani.. U would never imagine how much i tried to find ANY contact of Mrs.Walker..hope u'd see this!!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:16 AM

DianneB. is on a distinguished road
Hello Shredda, My daughter Amanda would have been in your class, her teacher was Mr Pucetti and she also had Mrs French one year. I remember the Ralphs also. As an Army wife we took Pidgeon English lessons with Mr Ralph. It's interesting reading on this forum.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:42 PM

hi dianne , i do remember you . you used to run the health shop . your husband had frequent dealings with my dad . dad built the nurse training centre hostel . i think amanda had mrs french when i was there . i was the eldest at the school . im dave milne my dad is peter milne
Old 02-03-2013, 09:11 PM

samjacobs is on a distinguished road
Hi my name is samantha jane jacobs I was there in 1980 to 83, I think while I was there we had a women priniciple sue boyce, the year that princess diana married charles we did a mock wedding and they stood on the balcony. I think we had a pretty cool teacher that had a big butterfly collection. I would love to say hi to old school friends and pull out some photos xo great times
Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 PM

samjacobs is on a distinguished road
Hi I wonder if you remember me and my sister bronwyn my dad was in the army and my mum worked in the bakery probably a few other jobs but that was one I remember
Old 25-04-2016, 02:26 PM

Darren Wright is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by samjacobs View Post
Hi my name is samantha jane jacobs I was there in 1980 to 83, I think while I was there we had a women priniciple sue boyce, the year that princess diana married charles we did a mock wedding and they stood on the balcony. I think we had a pretty cool teacher that had a big butterfly collection. I would love to say hi to old school friends and pull out some photos xo great times
Hi Samantha, my name is Darren Wright. I was born in Mendi in 1974 and spent my first few years in Tari where my Dad was a Kiap. We moved to Mendi somtime around 1974 and I was at MIPS for the charles and diana mock wedding! My father's name was Noel Wright and he was the ADC in Mendi at that time. We lived only a few hundred meters from the school. My mum's name is Maxine and she remembered you immediately, both of my parents remember your father. The kids I remember most were Nils Arthur (parents were Oola & Bill and they lived on the hill on the other side of the river), and Lisa Borwick (parents were Jill and Bruce and they also lived up on the hill. Jill is actually my god mother). Gordon Dando is another kid that I clearly remember along with the Hampson girls. They were all Army kids so lived on the other side of the airstrip. I went to Mendi Preschool and Sue Ngatai was the teacher, her husband worked at Mendi motors which was on the way down to the river and markets. I remember our parents used to take their cars down there and wash them! I did a prep year at Mend International School in 1980 and my teachers were Mrs Ralfe and Mrs Kittan and the following year in Grade 1 Mrs Boyce was the teacher.

The Borwicks and my parents have always remained close friends and I Lisa and I have remained friends now for on the way to 40 years! I notice another post below from Shredda with a few names and one stands out....I am wondering if Mitch was Mitchum Elder. He had a little sister named Candace as well. If that is who the reference is to then I can update Shredda on what Mitch and Candace have been up to as well over the years and also where they are these days.

Anyway, if anybody wants to get in touch feel free!

Last edited by Darren Wright; 25-04-2016 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Added something extra!