Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 16-09-2017, 12:31 PM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
Star Trek: Discovery theme tune revealed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=UPUqUsUnJOU
Old 17-09-2017, 04:49 PM

Discovered the name of Sonequa Martin-Green’s character in Star Trek: Discovery.

After the character was initially announced as Number One, Number One’s name is Michael Burnham and she is the adopted daughter of Spock’s parents Sarek and Amanda.

As Spock through all his previous appearances has never mentioned having a sister executive producer Alex Kurtzman said that the specifics of Burnham's backstory would be revealed in a way that would not break the existing canon.

Also discovered that Shazad Latif plays Ash Tyler after he was initially cast as Kol. Kol is now played by Kenneth Mitchell.

Another casting I have discovered is Wilson Cruz as Hugh Culber and the series has a Klingon named Voq (actor not revealed at this time).
Old 20-09-2017, 08:44 PM

Episode 1 to 4 titles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUXcfagq8bo

Discover a future worth fighting for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxF3y58Comc

A new chapter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0SJPxRefE

Beyond the stars, Discovery awaits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtG9oD_z2sw

We embrace the unknown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbMaU4GbVnA

Welcome to Discovery:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypA8vXdm9KA

Another trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic7TOWFa-_s

Fortune favors the bold:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gw6V9fKLzc
Old 23-09-2017, 03:51 AM

Star Trek Continues

What Ships Are For behind-the-scenes bloopers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIwBTt3TvrM
Old 25-09-2017, 11:54 PM

Star Trek: Discovery Opening Titles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX1byq2C9ng
Old 26-09-2017, 04:17 PM

Star Trek: Discovery - 1 x 1 - The Vulcan Hello:
Series opener.
The starship Discovery does not appear here in the opener of the series that bores its name.
Instead we see the series lead character Michael Burnham as First Officer of the USS Shenzhou.
As things progressed we see the Federation’s First Contact with the Klingons in over a hundred years when Michael inadvertently kills one.
The Federation’s First Contact with the Klingons in a hundred years seems reminiscent in TNG when the Federation made First Contact with the Romulans also after a very lengthy time.
Interesting flashback of Michael as a child and Sarek.
Fascinating seeing Klingon politics at play something I have not seen in a long time.
Tense when Michael nerve pinched Captain Georgiou and the standoff between the two at the bridge just as Klingon ship arrive.
Old 27-09-2017, 05:08 PM

Star Trek: Discovery - 1 x 2 - Battle at the Binary Stars:
A very good follow-up to the first episode The Vulcan Hello in fact I found it to be the better of the first two episodes.
There is a flashback from seven years before in which Michael and her foster father Sarek came onboard the Shenzhou for the first time and meet Captain Georgiou.
Despite being human Michael was Vulcan in her manner having been raised by the Vulcan Sarek and remarkable since then how much she has de-Vulcanised.
In the midst of the excitement of the battle between Federation and Klingon ships, Michael is held in incarceration for mutiny and fascinating the thoughts that went through during this time.
Thrilling when Georgiou and Michael fight against Klingons but sadly the captain gets killed here.
Tragic that Michael gets a life sentence for mutiny.
Remarkable that despite being the second episode and the series subtitle that the Discovery has not yet shown up in the series.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:33 AM

Star Trek: Discovery - 1 x 3 - Context is for Kings:
The Discovery and Captain Lorca finally appear as the series jumps six months after the Battle at the Binary Stars and Michael on a prison transfer arrives on the Discovery.
Quite tense how Michael got received by the Discovery crew.
Somewhat plot convenient that Michael finds a couple of her former colleagues on the Shenzhou on the Discovery including Saru as First Officer.
Funny when Michael meets Sylvia Tilly with the latter saying that Michael Burnham is the only other female Michael that she knows of before realising that she is her.
Exciting part of the episode when Michael and others from the Discovery came on board the Glenn to find the entire crew and a group of Klingons dead and particularly exciting when they got away from the creature that killed the said dead people on the Glenn.
The Glenn is no doubt named after the late astronaut and US Senator John Glenn who died on December 8 2016 whilst Discovery was in development.
Intriguing Captain Lorca explaining to Michael what he has been working on and showing the worlds including Romulus.
Funnily enough executive producer Aaron Harberts had said on the first After Trek episode O Discovery, Where Art Thou? that Romulan is kind of a dirty word in the writer’s room.
So I guess it is OK to show the Romulans’ homeworld!
Thrilling that the captain had secretly brought the creature on board the Discovery.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:36 PM

Star Trek: Discovery – 1 x 4 - The Butcher’s Knife Cares Not for the Lamb’s Cry:
Guest stars Jayne Brook in her first appearance as Admiral Cornwell.
Jayne Brook is someone I have in a lot of places previously.
This includes playing Maureen Robinson in The Robinsons: Lost In Space, the pilot for a new Lost In Space series that never came to be.
The original Lost In Space is a contemporary of the original Star Trek having been born in the 1960s and coincidentally there is going to be a new Lost In Space series next year 2018 with a brand new cast meaning that Brook is not reprising Maureen Robinson.
Not a bad episode.
Nothing much to say about the episode itself except poor Commander Landy getting seriously injured by the creature.
Not bad seeing the saving of the colony of Corvan II.
There was a lot of subtitle reading here and I think this is the longest time reading the subtitles so far.
Reading the subtitles for this amount of time seem rather excessive for an English-language programme.
Old 17-10-2017, 02:00 AM

Mercy 1.2 I Believe You Conrad guest starred DS9 alum Colm Meaney.
Curiously enough Mercy has another Star Trek alum in a recurring role that of former Voyage lead actor Kate Mulgrew.
Not only that but Mercy had Gretchen J. Berg and Aaron Harberts as executive producers and both of them are now in these same capacities for Star Trek: Discovery.
In fact Harberts in the first episode of After Trek said that he had worked with Mulgrew on another show but did not mention its name and so I looked it up to discover (no pun intended) that it was Mercy and that what led to me to start watching Mercy.