Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > PNG Message Board > Site News

Site News News about pngbd.com.

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 10:57 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Telikom officially launch the new prepaid phone service with Alison Anis

Telikom PNG Limited has officially launched the new prepaid phone service – the Telikad product. The Telikad product is a brand name of the Fixed Line prepaid service which has been dubbed as to be more convenient, affordable and accessible product for all people. Speaking during the launch of the Telikad product, Acting Managing Director Martin Veisame said the product was highly suitable to the Papua New Guinea market and was specifically geared towards the public in general. ....“It provides for you control on how much each one spends in making Telephone calls, allows you to make calls on any fixed line telephone services and is tariff similar to the line telephone charges except that for local calls which is timed on average at 25 toea per 10 minutes,” says Mr Veisame. Mr Vaisame told the media that the new prepaid phone services would save Telikom millions of kina as it was cheap to install and manage unlike the current public payphones.

ENTER HERE for more details
Attached Images

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 02-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

International Calls

Does the telikad system provide for international calls?

If so...what might the rates be?!
Old 05-08-2003, 09:47 AM

***aCe*** is on a distinguished road
Yes it does provide for international calls!

With Telikad, Telikom will still charge all IDD calls to Charge Band1@K2.45/min, Charge Band2@K2.75/min and Charge Band3@K4.00/min. These three charges are the retail tariff (the tariff Telikom charge to its customers). Whatever the value of the Telikad is, Telikom will apply these three charges (K2.45, K2.75 & K4.00/min) depending on which charge band the call is made to.

For example, I buy a K50.00 Telikad. I make a call to USA. USA is in charge band 3. I will be charged K4.00/min for this call. Assume that this call duration was 10 minutes. I will be charged K40.00 (K4.00 x 10minutes) for this call. So K40.00 will be deducted from my K50.00 Telikad.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards

alison
Old 05-08-2003, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Thanx for that alison...

Would you know what charge band New Zealand is in?!

Cheers.
Closed Thread