Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Business Forum > Tok SAVE

Tok SAVE We invite you to voice your questions or opinions on issues related to PNG. Serious discussions only!

View Poll Results: Should Aussie be nominated for knighthood?
Yes 9 81.82%
No 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-10-2003, 08:42 AM

lapunman is on a distinguished road
Question Should Aussie be knighted?

Do you think Aussie the owner of www.pngbd.com and www.kokodatrail.com.au , an Australian who arrived in PNG over 30 years ago, be nominated for a knighthood?

During her years in Papua New Guinea she has guided and trained hundreds if not thousands of Papua New Guinean's. I am sure that this figure is much more especially with the exponential growth. I am also sure that she is well respected amongst all of them.

I think that the amount of time and effort on this web site which helps promote Papua New Guinea around the world is in itself enough of a reason for such a nomination. Not even considering the other training and development she has given to numerous people in Papua New Guinea. I think all of these people would agree. I am sure that they know who they are.

The more people like her that stand up for Papua New Guinea, and promote it for all the good things that it has available for offer to other countries around the world the better in my opinion. Hopefully a few others will also start to promote the country as well. Sites like this should fuel this kind of mentality. Hopefully. All the great publicity help to ensure that foreign investment continues well into the future.

She is Papua New Guinea true an true.

More information on nominations can be found at the URL below.

http://www.cabinet-office.gov.uk/cer...nomination.htm

Last edited by lapunman; 18-10-2003 at 10:41 PM.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 06-11-2003, 01:44 PM

Morobe_Wantok is on a distinguished road
I whole Heartedly agree in the aspects of recognising people who constantly put others before them selves, Unfortunately as i have regularly discovered on several occassions those who put everything into what they enjoy doing for nothing but for the satisfaction they get from helping others (Majority voluntarily and/or even at cost to themselves)

Aussie will agree to the amount of effort My mother (User NMA ) put into swimming and other activities in the Lae and extensively to the national swimming program in Papua New Guinea. Alas when her nomination was put forward someone who is paid to do their job and do not for the satisfaction of the community was awarded it over her..

There was not a time i walked in the Streets of Lae with out being called out to or being known as the Son of "Master Ian and/or Margaret", Mum and Dad Loved and enjoyed their 20 something years in PNG, and They put ALOT into the Community and lives of Many.

Gone are the glory days of when i was a child and my family used to put on Movie sessions in our lounge room and called out to the people of the NGI village in Erica St Lae (behind the Coca-Cola Factory), the 20t we charged never went into their pockets nor of their children, At the end of the year they held a Christmas party completely from the Money we got at the door from people coming to watch the movies...

I remember the one day that the lounge room was soo packed that some of the villagers friends stood outside and watched through the windows..

Off the topic... sorry.. But Yeah i think people Like Aussie and Other deserve the Great Recognition...