Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 19-12-2014, 11:55 AM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
Corto Maltese:
Season 3, Episode 3.
[Highlight below for spoilers]
Oliver gets Thea home and that involve telling her the truth about Robert’s death. Quite bold of him to finally tell her that.
Interesting flashback of Malcolm’s training of Thea.
Not surprising that after Oliver refused to train Laurel how to fight she goes to another avenue for such a training.
Quite a surprise on who turned up at the end and the person she demands to see.
Old 25-12-2014, 12:57 PM

The Magician:
Season 3, Episode 4.
Emily Betts Rickards as Felicity only turns up briefly late in this episode as she was in Central City to visit Barry in The Flash 1.4 Going Rogue.
With Nyssa in tow, the investigation of Sara’s death leads to Malcolm Merlyn as the murder suspect. The episode title refers to Malcolm and since he is played by John Barrowman who plays Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who it is worthy to point out that Doctor Who will open its next season with the similarly titled The Magician’s Apprentice.
Somewhat strange that Oliver ultimately gives Malcolm his protection from being killed by Nyssa.
Intriguing meeting of Nyssa with her father Ra’s al Ghul and the flashback to Oliver’s first assignment as an assassin.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:00 PM

The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak:
Season 3, Episode 5.
We get to meet Felicity’s mum and flashbacks of Felicity of when she was in college and how it relates to the present day. Neat that that the last of the flashbacks has her transforming into her present self.
Did not come as a surprise on who released the virus but was surprised on the circumstances of Felicity’s mum being in town.
Shocking end to the episode with Roy having a nightmare that killed Sara. Did he really kill her?
Old 15-01-2015, 01:48 PM

Guilty:
Season 3, Episode 6.
Someone has been killing off gang members and we find out here that Laurel’s trainer Ted is a former vigilante. Never expected this revelation to be made.
Roy confesses to the others that he killed Sara only for it to be later revealed to be that of a suppressed memory of him killing a cop that got mixed up with knowing about Sara’s murder. Knew it was not as clear cut as that. Glad that Roy did not kill Sara but as Roy acknowledges himself he is still a murderer for killing that cop.
Surprising end to the episode when Cupid turns up.
Old 15-01-2015, 10:24 PM

Arrow has been renewed for a fourth season.
Old 23-01-2015, 08:17 AM

Draw Back Your Bow:
Season 3, Episode 7.
Not a bad battle between Arrow and Cupid. Funny combination here since Cupid always uses the arrow.
Eventually Arrow’s defeat of Cupid lead to him getting her into the Suicide Squad.
Also not bad flashbacks to Hong Kong including showing something bad might have happened to Maseo.
We get a hint of Ray one day becoming Atom. In fact there is a prospect of him getting his own spin-off series.
Old 29-01-2015, 10:45 AM

The Brave and the Bold:
Season 3, Episode 8.
Following on from Oliver/Arrow, Felicity and Diggle being in Central City in The Flash 1.8 Flash vs Arrow, Barry/The Flash, Caitlin and Cisco returns the favour here by turning up in Starling City.
The boomerang killer is identified as Digger Harkness. Coincidentally Arrow cast member John Barrowman (who incidentally is not in this episode) played Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who & Torchwood. It is a coincidence because Digger Harkness was a comic book character long before Captain Jack first turned up in Doctor Who.
Pretty good episode in which the Arrow and The Flash characters joined together to defeat Digger Harkness especially with the climax with defusing the bombs and how The Flash figured on defusing them very quickly notwithstanding his given speed.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:41 PM

The Climb:
Mid-season 3 finale.
This episode featured three Doctor Who companion actors.
As well as John Barrowman and Alex Kingston reprising their roles in this episode it also featured a brief appearance by Yee Jee Tso.
Apart from Doctor Who, all of Yee Jee Tso’s work on television, at least the ones I have seen, has him making very brief appearances in TV shows and this Arrow episode is no exception.
I however did not ever imagine he would be in the same episode with that of two fellow Doctor Who companions.
Sad that Dinah finds out that Sara is dead with Quentin still kept in the dark about it.
Shocking that a DNA finding has implicated Oliver with Sara’s murder. We soon get the suggestion that Thea due to her having the same DNA and the discovery that she lied about when she got back to Starling City, amongst many things. I am with Oliver in finding it inconceivable that Thea had killed Sara.
The episode title refers to a climb on a mountain and a shocking cliffhanger, well kind of, when Ra’s al Ghul beaten Oliver in a fight and what he does with him afterwards.
Old 21-04-2015, 11:36 AM

In an interview with the Sydney Sunday Telegraph tv guide, Robbie Amell (Firestorm in The Flash) talked about his cousin and Arrow star Stephen Amell.
Robbie said that it was “dumb luck” that he and Stephen ended up in the same career path.

“We were very close when we were young, but there was a seven-year age gap so when he was 15 and I was eight, we didn’t really have much in common.
Then we both got into acting on our own and met back up in LA and quickly became close again.”
Old 20-05-2015, 08:01 PM

My Name Is Oliver Queen:
Season 3 finale.
Grant Gustin pops up here as The Flash but his comment here about having to deal with Harrison Wells makes continuity confusing between Arrow & The Flash since The Flash episode Rogue Air which came on just before this Arrrow episode had the Arrow himself in Rogue Air in which Wells gets dealt with.
Diggle called Oliver a son of a b… Not really recklessly said as I don't recall Diggle ever holding any affection for Moira.
It is revealed here the primary reason for Ra’s virus on Starling City was to eliminate his nemesis Damien Darhk.
However Darhk sent an impersonator instead who got killed by Ra’s knowing this very fact.
There is a sense we will see Darhk in the flesh in the fourth season.
Impressive Felicity as Atom-Woman as Ray was not available to be Atom-Man at a critical time.
Good final battle between Oliver and Ra’s with the former of course killing the latter.
Oliver calls it quits as the Arrow drive off into the sunset with Felicity.
However considering that a fourth season is along the way how long will this retirement last not to mention he was seen recently in the Legends of Tomorrow trailer.