Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 27-02-2007, 02:27 PM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
Blake's 7

Greyhound-1 has posted at the Outpost Gallifrey Doctor Who forum revealing what the cast will be playing in the upcoming audio series revival of Blake's 7 which I assume is correct.
The cast will be playing the following:
Roj Blake - Derek Riddell
Kerr Avon - Colin Salmon
Jenna Stannis - Carrie Dobro
Vila Restal - Dean Harris
Olag Gan - Owen Aaronovitch
Mezin - India Fisher
Servalan - Daniella Nadiri
Travis - Craig Kelly
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 28-02-2007, 09:46 AM

Kevin Jon Davies in his latest post in the thread at the Gallifrey thread said that Zen has been voiced by Alistair Lock.
Old 27-03-2007, 04:56 PM

Here is a heads-up:
Steven Pacey (Tarrant in the TV series) is a guest star in this week's episode of Spooks, Divided They Fall on the ABC on Friday March 30 at 9:20pm.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt See
Here is a heads-up:
Steven Pacey (Tarrant in the TV series) is a guest star in this week's episode of Spooks, Divided They Fall on the ABC on Friday March 30 at 9:20pm.
Steven Pacey bought a fine performance in this Spooks episode. Whether it is a coincidence or not the episode mentioned a company called Blake & Research.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:21 PM

Found out from writer James Swallow at the Gallifrey forum that the audios will begin on May 1.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:45 PM

Jan Chappell returns as Cally in the Blake's 7: The Early Years audio series.

She returns in the two thirty minute adventures Blood & Earth written by Ben Aaronovitch and Flag and Flame written by Marc Platt.

These adventures also feature Susannah Doyle, Julian Wadham and Michael Cochrane.

http://www.blakes7.com/index.php/2009/06/cally-returns/

Last edited by Matt See; 04-06-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 16-04-2010, 08:30 AM

Zoe Tapper (formerly of the remake series of Terry Nation's Survivors) has been cast in the latest Blake's 7: The Early Years audio drama ZEN Explored.

This story focusses on Zen long before he was discovered by Blake. Written by James Swallow and it also features Tracy Ann-Oberman and Jason Merrils.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/new...-released.html
Old 01-06-2010, 03:49 PM

Most of The Early Years episodes so far is being broadcast on BBC Radio 7.

The episodes on BBC Radio 7 are:
Eye of the Machine May 31 2010
Blood and Earth June 1
The Dust Run June 2
The Trial June 3
When Vila Met Gan June 4

All can be listen to again seven days after their date of broadcast at BBC Radio 7's The Seventh Dimension:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio7/7thdimension/
Old 01-06-2010, 05:04 PM

The Early Years – 1 x 2 – Point of No Return:
Written by James Swallow.
A Travis story.
Travis (Craig Kelly) interrogates a political prisoner Carl Varon (Peter Guinness) who is suspected on planning a terrorist attack on the eve of an election. However Travis is having doubts with the evidence that is being presented to him.
Point of No Return presenting a very intense story showing just how far Travis is willing to go to get the information he needs and Craig Kelly and Peter Guinness certainly played off well against each other with their characters.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:18 AM

The Early Years

1 x 3 – Eye of the Machine:
Written by Ben Aaronovitch.
An Avon story.
The story of when Avon (Colin Salmon) met Anna Grant (Keeley Hawes) at university in which one of the professors is Ensor (Geoffrey Palmer).
Keeley Hawes does very well with her characterisation of Anna Grant. In the TV series we got hints about the nature of the Avon-Anna relationship. Here in Eye of the Machine we get a full comprehension of that relationship.
Geoffrey Palmer’s characterisation of Ensor is ruthless and calculated and is in stark contrast to the lovely old man played by Derek Farr in Orac.
Quite funny when early on Anna says that she was in a drama society which is an euphemism for her campaign for the Freedom Party in the coming election.
It was quite interesting when Ensor said about control and intelligence, you can have one or the other but not both.
Eye of the Machine is a powerful drama which helps us to understand the coldness that Avon developed personally. Here he had a sense of humour one that wasn’t forthcoming later on in his life.
During the final chapter on the CD there is a long silence between the ending and what turned out to be the Freedom Party song He’s The One and not a bad one at that.

1 x 4 – Blood & Earth:
Written by Ben Aaronovitch.
For the first time since her departure from the TV series, Jan Chappell returns to play Cally. Cally is revealed to be the family name. Jan Chappell’s character is credited as Aunty as she is thought of as one by her sisters as she is much older than them.
The story has Ariane Cally (Amy Humphreys) on a plane when it crashed. Having survived the crash, Ariane is in telepathic contact with Aunty as Aunty helps Ariane to get rescued.
The performances between Jan Chappell and Amy Humphreys is extremely well done in this well executed story.
Also worth mentioning is the interplay between Jorden Cally (Barbara Joslyn) and Commissioner Van Reisch (Julian Wadham) and the forest dogs sounds very ferocious on audio.

1 x 5 – Flag & Flame:
Written by Marc Platt.
Although Jan Chappell is not in this story it does however feature two other Cally sisters Skate (Susannah Doyle) and Merrin (Natalie Walter).
Also here playing Commander Gresham is Michael Cochrane who incidentally was in an earlier Marc Platt written production that of the Doctor Who serial Ghost Light.
Skate and Merrin have been presented as being very close and it is this closeness is why this story works so well. The two sisters who with their duty encounters betrayal and disillusionment. It is because of the experiences that the two sisters go through in this episode is why it is understandable it ended the way it did.