Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Finding (Old) Friends

Finding (Old) Friends Come here if you want to find and catch up with your old friends. Also try the School Forums if your friend was associated with one.

Old 31-05-2005, 11:26 AM

bynby is on a distinguished road
I did Prep in 1986 and skipped to Grade 2 in 1987. I then transferred to LIPS. My best friend was Becky Sykes.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:07 PM

ryanz is on a distinguished road
Mips 1978-1984

Hi all!

My name is Zaydah Hunnam and I used to go to MIPS quite a number of years ago beginning in Prep, up until Grade 6.

I have very fond memories of my old school, and often ponder how much it has developed and changed since I attended. It would be interesting to know if anyone from those years including teachers still remain in the area.

Some of the teachers names I recall include Mrs Bailey, Mrs Couples, Mr Horsefield (Principle).

Some of the students I still remember include, the Klink Brothers (Paul&Anthony), Max and Marina Moeder, Sonia Mancey, Sammy Sherwin, Allison Gandy, Christopher Tsang, Kathy Leet, Lybia Taurua, Karen Kunjebihari just to name a few.

It would be interesting to hear from those, if any, that still remain in the area. I am planning a visit in the near future to what I consider my old 'home'. If I am fortunate I may encounter a familiar face or two. If any of you know me or remember these names, then it would be fabulous to hear from you.

In any case I welcome comments from anyone, and would like to hear about how MIPS is progressing. Especially since my departure a number of years ago.

I am now living in Australia, and currently working with the Australian Commonwealth Government. I have an honours degree in Psychology and I have other siblings who also went to MIPS. Two older brothers named Jeffrey and Tony, plus an older sister named Raemar.

I look forward to hearing from you all, even if you dont know me it would still be nice to hear some lovely comments about my old school.

Z
Old 06-06-2005, 10:25 AM

ryanz is on a distinguished road
I was in your class

Hi Simone, my name is Zaydah and I dont expect you to remember me but I definitely remember your name.

I was in prep in 1979 also. I went to MIPS until Grade 6. I was there when we buried the time capsule but I dont know if it was dug up in 2000. I would be very interested to know how that went!

I now live in Australia and I'm working with the Commonwealth Government. I have an honours degree in Psychology.

It's incredible that you were there too when we buried the capsule! I had 2 older brothers who also went to MIPS plus an older sister. There names are Jeffrey, Tony and Raemar.

Great to hear there are others out there who have special memories like myself!!

Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsom
hi my name is Simone Webster I attended MIPS also.I left in late 1984, I started in Prep 1979..I think! I was born in Madang and have found this site great. I remember our classes burying a time capsule under the then flag pole to be dug up in the year 2000, does anyone know if this was done????? I now live in Norway...a big difference.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:45 PM

scuba-diver is on a distinguished road
OI KRYSTAL.....Man sorry it took me ages to get to you aye.....i was talking to Wendy on the phoen the other day . Hows it going gurl? Hope all is well ...Is Soli in Cairns too?
Old 07-08-2005, 08:48 PM

Oi Krystal....good to erm see you pop up every now and then gurl
Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 PM

foxy_lady is on a distinguished road
Oi Tooxs Whats Been Doing S**** We So Ned To Catch Up Nah Soli Is In Bris She Is All Married Up Now So No Time For Her Old Friends..jokes But She Has Setteled Down Heaps Can You Believe Thath.....
Old 08-08-2005, 11:17 AM

Oiiii PAMUK!!! Well well look wot da cat dragged in ya toox's......pmsl Nah Solox cant be married i refuse to believe that.,....lol I cant believe she's all settled down she's the last one of us that i ever thought would settle down...oh my gosh! these memories are coming back now.....And yessss we sooo need to catch up i agreee...when are you coming up my way? I might be down your way sometime soon i guess.....Brisbanes getting abit boring...lol it's sooooo goood to see you again man.......neways check ur msg box id left you my number....hola yours back gurl....

**HUGS**
Old 09-08-2005, 02:15 AM

Meri Madang is on a distinguished road
The Stobbs!

Mr & Mrs Stobbs! Your wife was my teacher in grade two, my older sister & I attended MIPS when you were both teaching there. I'm not sure if you'd remember us, Wendy & Rosemary Mocke?....Anyway great to hear from you and take care! Please pass my greetings to your wife.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Derrty

thanks for the info @ madang meri
Old 23-10-2005, 11:47 PM

SamK is on a distinguished road
Mips 1980 - 82

Hi all

I was pleasantly suprised to stumble on this thread. We lived in Madang for 3 wonderful years and I would love to go back. Got great memories of school - anyone out there from Mrs Dunn's first grade class (1981) / Mrs Haerrings second grade class (1982)? Miss Linda was the head teacher for a couple of years and and then Mr Horsefield arrived.

Anyone still live in Madang?

Sam