Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Finding (Old) Friends

Finding (Old) Friends Come here if you want to find and catch up with your old friends. Also try the School Forums if your friend was associated with one.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:32 PM

clem_edman is on a distinguished road
looking for old friends from the 60's

I came across this website by chance, glad I did. someone posted some old photos of KCC which prompted my memory. i was an apprentice panel beater at boroko motors mt hagen (64 - 68) then pt moresby (68-70). I was a member of KCC some of the names i recall were tony hearne, fred cleckham, peter & butch lukin, trevor bell & family, john adams & family. sue & lee pedersen, johnny robbo, tommy rosser, mr mack, mick cherry and viv thistlethwaite. All of these people knew each other. If anybody knows the whereabouts of any of these people I would be interested to hear
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 12-12-2007, 10:10 PM

nette is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clem_edman
I came across this website by chance, glad I did. someone posted some old photos of KCC which prompted my memory. i was an apprentice panel beater at boroko motors mt hagen (64 - 68) then pt moresby (68-70). I was a member of KCC some of the names i recall were tony hearne, fred cleckham, peter & butch lukin, trevor bell & family, john adams & family. sue & lee pedersen, johnny robbo, tommy rosser, mr mack, mick cherry and viv thistlethwaite. All of these people knew each other. If anybody knows the whereabouts of any of these people I would be interested to hear
I don't remember these names, but my Dad had a coupe of workshops in Lae, I'll ask if he knows any of them. His name is Klaus Herrmann ,by the way, he had Voco Motors and, before that HC Motors with my grandfather.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:06 AM

Glenda is on a distinguished road
Hi Clem,
My Dad (Des Hayward) was president of KCC for a couple of years and I know almost all of the people you were talking about however not in touch now. Last I knew of Tommy Rosser was he was going to set up a safari buisiness in the cape region and I believe he did and Freddie Kleckham went to Fiji and introduced pollo cross.
Wish I could help a little more
Glenda
Old 30-01-2008, 01:05 PM

warrenz is on a distinguished road
i am not sure i can help you but you could try it this site
http://www.vcao.net
I hope you can find what u want, good luck!
Old 06-02-2008, 05:11 PM

fredkleckham is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Kleckham

Hi Clem - I know where some of us are but has lost touch due to others changing emails and not letting me know.
Plus I lost my sincard in Vanuatu and lost phone numbers.
If you are in touch with Glenda Hayward who replied to you please give her my best. I was good mates with Des.
Trevor and Dot Bell are in Cooktown - have been for years.
Tony Hearne has a Limo in Carins and does that.
Ken Martin is near Toowoomba - retired after many years in Darwin ad head stock inspector.
Johnny Adams passed away a few years back - Judy remarried someone from Moresby and lives in Bris.
Butch and Peter Lukin are Gold Coast based - I saw them at a PNG reunion organised by Geoff Shorthouse about three years ago.
Sue Pederson and Tony Hearne got together for a bit about 4 years ago - had a lychee farm near Giru/Townsville. I was there one noight and so was Tom Rosser.
Tom knows where Sue is but I lost their contacts - I think somewhere like Gordonvale near Cairns probably.
Tom still doing the nnorthern tourism thing.
Mick Cherry is someone I have often wondered about his whereabouts.
I remember his fish and c hip shop at Boroko opposite the olld Arcadia theatre.
Viv Thistleswaite I have no idea where he might be.
Hope this helps - I'll try and get some contacts though am unsure how.
Remind me please so I can remember you - I am at a loss at the moment.
I went to Vanuatu - not Fiji - and in all resided there for 20 years with breaks in between - worked a couple of years in Burma and also Philippines as well.
At now just back from a Vanuatu contract and am at Seaforth beach outside Mackay in Qld. Its where I call home.
Send me a private email to fred.kleckham@bigpond.com and note the "DOT" after fred.
Cheers - Fred Kleckham. Mob 0439 717 177.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:15 PM

fredkleckham is on a distinguished road
Kleckham

Hi Clem - John Robbo is still in Moresby.
If you Iain knew and June Irving they are at Ayr/Home Hill and I see them occasionally.
Brian and Marg Belfrage are not far from Mackay at Armstrongs beach - we see each other now and then.
Cheers - Fred Kleckham.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:09 PM

Glenda is on a distinguished road
Smile Hi Fred

Fred said:- If you are in touch with Glenda Hayward who replied to you please give her my best. I was good mates with Des.

Hi Fred,
I am so stoked that you have joine dthe forum, so many fond memories of yourself and those you mentioned, you made my day! Sorry about the muddle up with Fiji/Vanuatu, I knew it was the South Pacific somewhere (just a country or two out) and you had introduced polo!
Hugs,
Glenda )
Old 26-02-2008, 10:38 PM

jenan is on a distinguished road
Hi Clem
I don't know any of those people you were asking about but did you go to School in Kerevat as a small boy, because I think I remember someone with a similar name to yours in the late 50's - I went down south to school in 1959 in Year 6, you would have been a bit younger than me. If you are the person I remember. Jenan
Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 AM

John Adams is on a distinguished road
Hi Clem,
I have contact with Nikki Nolan,who is the elder sister of Tom, John, Ian and Maris Rosser.
The John Adams mentioned was at Koitaki ? I used to receive some of his bills from BP or STC.
Viv Thistlethwaite connected to Ag station outside Kwikila in Rigo Sub District.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:45 PM

Indy Rosser is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
Hi Clem,
My Dad (Des Hayward) was president of KCC for a couple of years and I know almost all of the people you were talking about however not in touch now. Last I knew of Tommy Rosser was he was going to set up a safari buisiness in the cape region and I believe he did and Freddie Kleckham went to Fiji and introduced pollo cross.
Wish I could help a little more
Glenda
:-) Ol' Dismal Des! 3BSB! :-)

Ya might even remember me, Glenda - 2PUP, then (after a few steps) 2XB ... and, yes, a Papuan!