Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > PNG Message Board > Site News

Site News News about pngbd.com.

Old 15-07-2004, 01:47 PM

***aCe*** is on a distinguished road
Trekking the heart of Kokoda...by Jessie Garap

I hear and I see people write and say Kokoda Trail is one hell of a track.Itís also written on one of my shirts: (Kokoda Trail one hell of an adventure, one hell of a track)Ö.and itís true.But to actually walk the Kokoda Trail itself, was one of the best experiences of my life. This is speaking from my heart. I didnít think the trail was easy nor did I think it was hard. My aim walking the trail was to learn, to see, to understand and to feel what it was like for those, young brave soldiers, who fought and walked through the hardships during the war.During my eight nights of sleep and nine days of walk, I learnt so much. I felt as though, I was one of these young soldiers, walking through thick virgin forest with my back-pack and a stick to support me so that I may not fall. But somewhere along the track, my stick broke, and I had nothing to lean on.
Read more of Jessie's experience along the WWII trek
Attached Images

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 22-07-2004, 12:24 AM

Location: Wageningen University, The Netherlands (Holland), would be back in PNG by December 2005
Fabian is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Inspiring story

[size=5]This is a truly inspiring stroy from an inspiring mind. The pictures are cool and your short accounts are well described from the heart. Keep up the good spirit. It makes me feel homesick from Holland.

Well done

fabSIZE]
Old 22-07-2004, 12:25 AM

Location: Wageningen University, The Netherlands (Holland), would be back in PNG by December 2005
Fabian is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up well done Jessie

This is a truly inspiring stroy from an inspiring mind. The pictures are cool and your short accounts are well described from the heart. Keep up the good spirit. It makes me feel homesick from Holland.

Well done

fab