Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Schools in Lae > The International School of Lae

The International School of Lae TISOL or Lae International High School

Old 22-07-2007, 08:12 PM

petra townsend is on a distinguished road
Hey guys,

soo cool to see these threads and see that we share the same memories!! I am Petra Townsend and was there from the beginning in that weird house with the pool at the back. The truck, oh the truck. I remember going all the way up to Goroka in that thing!

Would love to hear from you all - petrajj@msn.com. I live in France for now.

Keep smiling wontoks

Petra
Old 12-10-2007, 08:10 AM

cdhulagrlgo is on a distinguished road
Hello there:

I was in the boarding school around the time you were there. I remember Petra (who was nice and a bit of a bugger at times...lol) I can't believe my brother sent this link to me. I would love to see some old photos...

This is Lynnette Gaddi (Carnal now) I was the only Asian at the dorm...I still remember the Robinson's...Wow...I'd love to hear from you guys again.
Old 25-10-2007, 04:56 AM

I was there in 1980 as a boarder as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by april palmer
Hi Guys !!! I went to the co~ed boarding school in 1980, I am amazed I found this site by accident and have been reading and looking through the pages of the 1980 year book, aren't we all getting on now hey !!
I was formerly known as "Michelle Mandelc" ( Shelly ) my brother "Michael" and I both attended the boarding school with the Robinson's at the helm . I have fond memories of the big blue truck....well my butt does, we felt every bump and hole in the road, but there was much laughter that went on in the back of that truck I caught up with Jayne Norman ( another boarder ) back in 1991 when she and her boyfriend at the time "Liam" came out to Australia from England for a holiday. That was a blast...
I would love to hear from anyone who was either a boarder or went to LIHS in 1980, what fun we had in the play and I can remember our famous person dress up dance, also the spooky haunted house we created in the double class room....much more comes to mind and heart, we did have it good even if we were all going through some level of teenage angst....
hope to hear from someone soon
April ( Shelly )
Hi there, I was a boarder with the Robinson's. I too remember the big blue truck as well as my behind. I do remember Michael and you. How are you guys? Where is Michael now? I live in Colorado, USA. Come look me up and send me a response and I will send you my email and some pictures, perhaps, you can remember me.

Lynnette (Gaddi)
Old 25-10-2007, 04:59 AM

I was there in 1980 as a boarder as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by april palmer
Hi Guys !!! I went to the co~ed boarding school in 1980, I am amazed I found this site by accident and have been reading and looking through the pages of the 1980 year book, aren't we all getting on now hey !!
I was formerly known as "Michelle Mandelc" ( Shelly ) my brother "Michael" and I both attended the boarding school with the Robinson's at the helm . I have fond memories of the big blue truck....well my butt does, we felt every bump and hole in the road, but there was much laughter that went on in the back of that truck I caught up with Jayne Norman ( another boarder ) back in 1991 when she and her boyfriend at the time "Liam" came out to Australia from England for a holiday. That was a blast...
I would love to hear from anyone who was either a boarder or went to LIHS in 1980, what fun we had in the play and I can remember our famous person dress up dance, also the spooky haunted house we created in the double class room....much more comes to mind and heart, we did have it good even if we were all going through some level of teenage angst....
hope to hear from someone soon
April ( Shelly )
Hi April:

I was there as well during the 80's. I remember Mr. & Mrs. Robertsons. I do remember your brother. How is he? I live in Colorado, USA. I would love to hear from you.

Lynnette (Gaddi)
Old 26-05-2010, 02:45 PM

jodles is on a distinguished road
HI I was a boarder at Lae High 81-82 My brother and I lived in Madang but it is not Craig as "Madang" he doesn't go on this forum.

I remember the coffee shop in Lae that we used to hang out in and was a good friend of Kylie Harvey-Hall. I hated leaving LIHS but my parents thought we had too much freeedom and pulled us out..........never forgave them lol, Sydney was the pits.

I have run into Danielle Harvey-Hall which was fantastic! Remember Angela well and Kiran though did have run-ins with Neena alot!!!!
Old 28-05-2010, 09:53 PM

happiness_au is on a distinguished road
I remember you and Craig. I think Craig was in year 8 and I was in 7.
Old 31-05-2010, 02:08 PM

jodles is on a distinguished road
Hi yes thats us. Craig is now back in NZ. He runs a dive/fishing charter business out of Waiheke Is..............as close to island/png as you can get in NZ. I am in Aussie as I have always loved it here, met my hubbie in madang when I finished year 12 and we have a son who is eleven. I have seen Kirsten Litz a couple of times on the Sunshine Coast. We had some great times at LIHS!!! It was a sad year in '84 when Kylie and Andrew died, I spent alot of time at their house in Lae and Salamoa at their beach house.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:59 PM

murrayskeeter is on a distinguished road
Nice thread. Very informational.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:18 PM

Andrew Shaw is on a distinguished road
1980/81

I was at the boarding school in 80/81, along with my sister Elizabeth. I remember how wet it was when we went out and laid those stones for the paths. I was only 16 but it was a killer fo a day's work!