Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Finding (Old) Friends

Finding (Old) Friends Come here if you want to find and catch up with your old friends. Also try the School Forums if your friend was associated with one.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:38 PM

Glenda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Sharon Boyce had a brother called Peter. Peter and I were great mates.
Hi Hayden, Sharon Boyce was my best friend at high school, sadly once I left to go to school in Melbourne we lost touch. I used to have sleep overs at their house, their parents were lovely as we're both Peter and Sharon.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:50 PM

Hayden is on a distinguished road
I lost contact with Peter in the 1970's when we came back to Australia.
Old 25-11-2016, 04:26 PM

robert leys is on a distinguished road
lea beach primary school

hello all out there ,
saw this site by chance yesterday,and a flood of memories came back!
would really like to get in contact with any one from PNG,and specifically those
who went to Ela Beach Primary School,from '63 to '68,when I left in 5th class to go to boarding school down south,as the saying went.
I have a few names....leo choulai,debbie and simon brown,[brother and sister] elizabeth hurrey,
michael barclay,margaret barclay[no relation]ronnie curtis,john curtis[no relation].
reading the posts made me very nostalgic,hearing about things like the Drive In,wards,the yacht club,chows corner,Local island,Fisherman's island, etc.

we lived on davara road,and my parents threw some monumental parties there.
They were Bob and Pattie Leys,and my older sister was Deborah Leys[Debbie],unfortunately all deceased.

Have so many stories that I'd love to share,and am having a significant birthday next year,as we all are,and really want to catch up with you.

look forward to hearing from you,and we could exchange email etc.

robert leys,
sydney,aust.
Old 23-02-2017, 08:40 PM

DrColl is on a distinguished road
Greetings Robert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert leys View Post
hello all out there ,
saw this site by chance yesterday,and a flood of memories came back!
would really like to get in contact with any one from PNG,and specifically those
who went to Ela Beach Primary School,from '63 to '68,when I left in 5th class to go to boarding school down south,as the saying went.
I have a few names....leo choulai,debbie and simon brown,[brother and sister] elizabeth hurrey,
michael barclay,margaret barclay[no relation]ronnie curtis,john curtis[no relation].
reading the posts made me very nostalgic,hearing about things like the Drive In,wards,the yacht club,chows corner,Local island,Fisherman's island, etc.

we lived on davara road,and my parents threw some monumental parties there.
They were Bob and Pattie Leys,and my older sister was Deborah Leys[Debbie],unfortunately all deceased.

Have so many stories that I'd love to share,and am having a significant birthday next year,as we all are,and really want to catch up with you.

look forward to hearing from you,and we could exchange email etc.

robert leys,
sydney,aust.
Hi Robert! I went to Korobosea Primary for 1 year, then Port Moresby High from 1970. Would love to chat re the good old days!
Cheers,
Collette (Ryan)
Old 08-10-2017, 11:38 PM

Chows Corner is on a distinguished road
Hello from Chows Corner.

Hi Robert,
I stumbled upon this site a few years back..but haven't been back till now. I came upon your post about your memories..and amazingly i saw that one of your enduring memories was of Chows corner. That was my dads shop. We traded in clothing, bonds T shirts, toys, watches and transistor radios. We catered mainly for the expats. Directly opposite from the main police station. I spent my primary years at Coronation Primary down the road, and my best mates were Michael bain (whose parents owned an aquarium), Michael Lee, wesley lee, john lean, rodney whitfield and Robert Taylor, who was a few years older but was a whiz at soccer so we looked up to him. I remember vaguely that the two hot girls in our year were two girls called Debbie (Surname I can't remember) and Rebecca Norton. I was sent to boarding school for high school in Sydney round about 73-74. My parents left a few years after independence, when i was in Form 3. I remember there were special charter jets that use to take all the school kids back to brisbane and sydney when Holidays had ended. Theses tended to take off like at 1 am so they would land in australia after morning curfew. Sadly my dad Michael Chow, passed way some 17 years back, and my older sister Caren about 7 years ago. Mums still here as is my older brother Gary.

The Drive in, Wards Cinema, Brown River, River meets the Sea, Anzac Day marches, Cathay Club ( where i use to spend hours in the pool room or in the pool), Arthurs Pies, rex restaurant, The green jade restaurant, the Oyster bar (the Fish and Ship shop behind us run by a german family who's kids had flaming red hair, and who's potato scallops I ate by the tons) are a few of the fond memories. I still have friends and cousins who live there, but I haven't been back for some 30 yrs. My cousin recently went back and took piccies of our old shop (we lived above it). Its still there, but is now a takeaway chicken shop.
Old 22-10-2017, 05:11 PM

GraemeScott is on a distinguished road
Ranaguri Hostel

Hi there. I have just found this web site. I have been looking for a point of contact for PNG for years.
I left Ranaguri just before you arrived....absolutely loved my time there. I have lots to add, but I'm on holidays in Qld without a laptop, and doing this on my phone will take too long.
I do have a question though. Staying in Ranaguri on a permanent basis the was a wonderful Dutchman, G.M. van Musschenbroek, better known as Bert. Did you ever run into him?