Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Schools in Lae > The International School of Lae

The International School of Lae TISOL or Lae International High School

Old 20-07-2007, 01:55 PM

gmuller is on a distinguished road
Cool Missing Person

Hi - I'm not sure how or whether this works but the unidentified person in the photo is me, Ginette Muller. I have a feeling the year is wrong.. I went to Glennie Memorial School in Year 9 which was in 1982 so I don't see how I could have been in 2 places at once. I suspect the photo is 1981.
Old 20-07-2007, 10:08 PM

SAMAJAY is on a distinguished road
Aha !!! Knew It was You!!!! Didn't Bother Responding to Shane Mitchells reply coz that was waaaaay off! And what about the previous one ...Megan Jones. I thought I was bad but obviously the alco hasn't effected me that much!! Havn't heard too many complaints about the names I've submitted so far.. in fact none. Ginette (sorrry I spelt your name wrong previously!) you may be right about the years...Thinking it through I did grade 7 ,1980, grade 8, 1981, grade 9 ,1982.Sorry Mark Ivory & others But I think the photo should be titled 8RB 1981.
Old 23-07-2007, 09:41 AM

gmuller is on a distinguished road
Yes, you are very good - amazingly so. I had been on this site a couple of years ago and stumbled on it again just recently. Seeing the photo and the names helped bring back memories albeit slowly. I'm pleased to say they were good memories which is a stark contrast to my time in Toowoomba. Thanks for the photo Mark, I will try and download it.
Old 23-07-2007, 11:45 AM

SHANE MITCHELL is on a distinguished road
Ah sorry.Could have sworn it was Kim! Looks a lot like i remember her. Does anyone know where she is these days? Great to see old familiar faces. I have a box full of old Unitech pics, will sort some and post them soon.
Old 23-07-2007, 07:06 PM

Jellybean is on a distinguished road
Red face Kim??

Are you looking for/ talking about Kim Forsyth? If so , i know where she is. Oops I'm sooo blonde , should have read back a few pages to see who you were talking about. Sorry!

By the way , I was in that year at Lae High, just in the other class with Ms Reynolds.

Last edited by Jellybean; 23-07-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:29 PM

mivory is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmuller
Hi - I'm not sure how or whether this works but the unidentified person in the photo is me, Ginette Muller. I have a feeling the year is wrong.. I went to Glennie Memorial School in Year 9 which was in 1982 so I don't see how I could have been in 2 places at once. I suspect the photo is 1981.
GReat! Thanks for that. I've fixed that up. I went to toowoomba eventually too (year 11, year 12, year 12 again). It actually snowed one year I was there. Fancy that, snow in Queensland! It wasn't enough to go skiing or anything, and lloked like mush by the time school started, but it was still snow.
Good to hear from you. Thanks for the update.
Old 15-09-2007, 10:41 PM

Talking finschaven 1982

Hi all
recently found some pics of Year 9 trip to Finschaven in '82. Pictured on beach (biology work happening?) are from left: Jack Batt, Andrew Jolly, Gillian Mckie, Andrew Kasu, Rebecca Greenwood,Susan Friede and Dammika ?.

On top of waterfall, I can recognise a few folk, Gillian, Rodney, George E, Jack,AJ and Paul Kirkpatrick has to be there too. Hiya Paul!!! Sorry if I've missed anyone out, but it was sooo long ago.
See ehat else I can dig up.
Cheers

Gillian

sorry, pics did not attach, will keep trying

Last edited by Jellybean; 15-09-2007 at 10:44 PM. Reason: pictures not attached
Old 16-09-2007, 10:28 AM

Smile missing photos

here are the photos relating to previous note

Gillian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg finschaven3.jpg (158.9 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg Lae photos7.jpg (196.9 KB, 233 views)
Old 16-09-2007, 05:38 PM

class photo 8AB,1981

Here is Mrs Brodie's year 8 class.

Only recognise a few faces so feel free to pitch in
Joey Mallard,George E,Mark Buhler,Julianne Hudspith, Marcella,Christine Mead, Dammika,Tracey and Tanya McGree, ?, Alice Rampton, hate to admit it but it's me (what a shocker) Peter Strelan.Apologies to others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg year8,19802.jpg (187.9 KB, 267 views)
Old 24-09-2007, 08:06 PM

SAMAJAY is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re Finchaven Photos

GREAT PHOTOS GILLIAN!! What a trip that was....especially for those of us who walked. I don't think we knew what we were getting ourselves into! But well worth it in the end. I think we drank all the coconuts along the coast getting there though!!!!

Brings back great memories...anyone out there got any more?????
Thanks again Gillian. By the way.....thats me standing next to Rodney in the waterfall shot.
Still trying to figure out why Jack Batt was there coz I was there with Mathew Batt.