Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Murray International School

Old 13-07-2007, 11:11 PM

Donna Jonas is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I do know you Spook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook
Hi Donna, you don't know me but I was best friends with David Matthews who I found on this forum the other night. He has since contacted me, and we will get together soon for a chat. but my question is if we were to have a reunion were would we have it? And what is it with the asterisks instead of the A's and the T's when you put them together on this forum?
Yes I remember you. I was Davids girlfriend when he was in 1st year and part of 2nd year high school. I do believe I got my first pet mouse from you!

I don't know why the * have started to appear, I noticed them the last time I came for a look.

As for a reunion location, I don't know. These days with the cost of travel, anywhere should be fairly OK as long as there was plenty of lead time. - Interested?

Remember the Willies - They are in Perth. I spoke to Mr Willie in June when I was at Crocket place's.

Last edited by Donna Jonas; 13-07-2007 at 11:13 PM. Reason: OOPS - Spelling
Old 14-07-2007, 12:28 PM

Spook is on a distinguished road
Hi Donna, I don't directly remember you, I was there when David and I were in the last 2 years of primary school. I went back to Brisbane in 73 for high school. did you live in Murray Barracks, and go to Murray Barracks Primary. I do remember a girl David knew up the road from me, I think that may have been you. I'd give you my street name but I can't remember them for a reference. Hell I can't remember most of my class mates names. But I do remember Colin Willie, he is in my school Photo. 4th from the right back row. And the mice! yes I remember the mice, Davids mum wanted to kill us because they kept escaping from the box we had them in under his house!
Old 14-07-2007, 12:36 PM

Lightbulb

OH! as for the *'s It was really a retoricle question, didn't really expect you to know! Maybe someone should let on of the moderators know, so it can be fixed. It's only mildly annoying, not even that really. You just sometimes have to do a double take to read what some people are saying. As for the reunion, it would be interestimg to find out how many people live in or close to brisbane. So we could have a limited one here in brisbane, or there abouts.
Old 16-07-2007, 08:48 PM

Donna Jonas is on a distinguished road
Smile How about WAU AVE

I lived at 56 Wau Ave. I think Davids street was something else and you were right on the corner. Did you live next to the Hamilton's. I went to school with Christine. From your place you would go up the hill past Kate and Jean Daly (Mrs was the cub mistress and Mr was the scout master) and up to Brian Woodrow (they left in December 71 I think). We lived on the same side of the road as you and opposite the Woodrows. Our drive way went straight up. Next door to us lived the Stokes (Janelle, Michael, Debbie and Peter). Janelle was my age but I think Michael was the same age as you and Dave. The mouse I got from you came with a little cage with a wheel at the end and mum hated it. The mouse kept getting out and running through the kitchen cupboards. I would catch it, put it back and then the houseboy had to do all the dishes again. lol
Old 17-07-2007, 12:01 PM

Ok, yes I lived next to the Hamiltons,the next house up the hill. Rodney was in my class, along with Brian Woodrow. You can see them in my school photo. I ran in to the Hamiltons in Hervey Bay in the late 70's. Beth Hamilton Their Mother Died some years ago of Breast cancer. I think I know where you lived. Wau avenue ran off my street, and went in a big semicircle back to my street. As for the cage, I made that cage in craft at school.
I'm sure Brian Woodrow was there as long as I was because he arrived not long after I did. The name Stokes also rings a bell, I'm sure I knew Michael. As for the scout Master I sure remember him, the fool starved us on a scout camp up at Sogeri.
I have some old photo's of the area that dad took as slides. Will post them on this site once I clean them up a little.

Last edited by Spook; 18-07-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:16 PM

CraigH is on a distinguished road
Just a quick note...I don't know if anyone uses Google Earth, but there is a very clear satellite photo of Moresby at the moment. You can drill right down on Murray Barracks Primary. The old school is still there, though I understand it is no longer a school. The Family pool is visible and the Sergeants Mess. It appears that all the old 'Boy Houses' have been demolished. If you don't already use it Google Earth can be downloaded from http://earth.google.com/. It's worth a look if you want to see the old town in all its glory.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 AM

malone63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb Pesian
Hi,
I went to Murray from 1970 to 1975 I lived in the soldiers quarters across the road from school. I remember Mrs Stubberfield and Mr Hard i think he was the principal at that time. I remember good mates, Nigel Galli, Raymond Junna,Charles Amini.Cliff Griffin, Adrien Solien. The large tin sheds nearby are still there.
Hi Kaleb,

I remember all you guys, we used to play soccer quite a bit. I was a good friend of Terence Solien. My name is Malcolm Wan.

Ran into Karl Pilotti, his older sister Priscilla was married to my brother. I would have been in the same grade as John Junna.

cheers
Old 04-03-2008, 04:02 PM

cbatchelor is on a distinguished road
hi,
as you can see from my post i went to murray barracks primary during those years... but I am afraid I have forgotten a lot of names and yours doesn't ring any bells. If you remember me though, feel free to jog my memory. all my details are in the batchelor post.
cheers carolyn batchelor
Old 02-07-2008, 08:56 PM

Russ_ty is on a distinguished road
Hi Guys
The guys Gavin Morton in the photo is my younger brother , Iam Russell morton and I had sisters Christine and Lorraine , we were living in Murray Barracks , I actually went to Gordons High and my sisters went to Port Moresby High , Gavin went on to become a Detective in the Victorian police Force , for further info if your interested contact me on russell_melb@yahoo.com.au

regards
Russell
Old 24-10-2008, 03:45 AM

andy hunt is on a distinguished road
Hi There, I may have joined this forum a little late. I attended at Murray Barracks Primary from 1972 -1975 and left after Independance. My teacher was a Mrs/Miss Waldron? and some of my class mates were Douglas Lowson/Lawson, Glen Hose, Mathew Gollings, Camille Spence, Maryanne Shanahan, Manus Lamon?. My time in Port Moresby/Murray Barracks was proobably the best experience I had as a child. We just were able to tear around the hills at the back of the barracks finding loads of stuff. I can recall getting in all sorts of trouble for bringing a live bullet we found to school and trying to set it off. The pool at the army camp was great and we just played in streets without a care. I lived in the barracks towards the last two streets and had a huge round a bout at the bottom of the street where we all played. Best times. Andy Hunt