Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Schools in Rabaul

Schools in Rabaul Take your pick: Rabaul International School, Sacred Heart International School, Vunapope International, Kamarere, Court Street, did I miss something? Join in!

Old 31-10-2007, 12:57 PM

rvomx5 is on a distinguished road
An Ex Rabaul International School Student

Teejay- Is that you Tae Jun?

Hi I don't know if you remember me. My name is Roehl, I have a sister Zinnia who attended RIP at around the same time as you guys did.

I am now living in Canberra...lived in Sydney from 1982 to 2000 and did not know you guys were around.

How's your sister Min?

I have lots of wonderful memories of Rabaul and my days there (1974 to 1982).

I travel to Sydney often, drop me an email and maybe we could catch up and have a yarn of the good old days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay
I attended RIP between 1977-1979 before schooling in Sydney. I actually have regular contacts with the ppl from Rabaul, especially with Hart's (John, Anthony, Matthew and Sonia). Over the years I have caught up with the Harding's (Tim, Daniel and Pearce), Labrooy's (Rovanna and Suzy), Cook's, Venczel's, Hammermaster and few others along the way.

We were the only Korean family lived in Rabaul and attended RIP but made great friends and still have unforgettable memories whilst living there.

Jeff, my brother was in the same year as Sonia. We actually lived very close your house at one stage.

TimC, I'm guessing you are Tim Cumberland, who used to live next door to us. Your dream was to become a pilot so have you fulfilled your dream?

Thanks Mel for starting up this blog.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:59 AM

Teejay is on a distinguished road
Hi Roehl,

I do remember you and Zinnia, who was in Min's year.

Call me on 0407 939 180 and will catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvomx5
Teejay- Is that you Tae Jun?

Hi I don't know if you remember me. My name is Roehl, I have a sister Zinnia who attended RIP at around the same time as you guys did.

I am now living in Canberra...lived in Sydney from 1982 to 2000 and did not know you guys were around.

How's your sister Min?

I have lots of wonderful memories of Rabaul and my days there (1974 to 1982).

I travel to Sydney often, drop me an email and maybe we could catch up and have a yarn of the good old days.
Old 17-03-2008, 07:23 AM

ROBERTO IGNACIO is on a distinguished road
Talking 1982-1989

Roberto Ignacio, Anyone Remember Me??
1st Place In Track And Field,lol
Old 03-06-2009, 01:43 PM

LisaSpac is on a distinguished road
Wow! This is fantastic

Hi

Its Lisa Spaccatore here, i went to Court St 82-84, I had Mrs Martin as my teacher. My Dad was the manager at Steamships and we lived at Nonga.
My sister was friends with Kyle Tuckers sister Jodie. I remember Rachel Foster, the Hendersons, the Neals, Sonia Hart, Bernard Fong, Bruce McKinlay, Ling Ling, Mark Chan. I remember we had sports with those Big massive Parachute things and this giant ball which was massive. Also watching young talent time in one of the classrooms.

Also that teached Mrs Vander-something was nasty to those not in her class and used to make us stand up straight and pick the straighest person and they would get a lollie!

AND SMELLY STICKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
i remember the school play of Alice in Wonderland and i was the Duchess!

And the hui's who owned the video shop, Fannies dress shop, Poofs cafe ( god thats terrible but thats what they called it).
Old 26-05-2012, 10:13 AM

kezsal is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Wow! Those names are so familiar. I lived in Rabaul from 72-81. I'm kerryn braimbridge and was at RIPS from 77-81. in my class years I had Cassandra Yip, Stacey Baldwin, the jones twins etc ...

I lived in the same street as the Harts, Anderson's and the lloyds. I also was around the corner so to speek from the Baldwins and Lebrooys.

my mother Marie was one of the swimming coaches including a midwife. My father **** (aka Richard ) was one of the accounting managers at CPL.

Great to see that some of you have stayed in touch... Best wishes.

Kerryn
Old 18-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Dutchy is on a distinguished road
Hi, my name is Denis Holland. Went to Court Street Primary in the 60's, before heading off to boarding school in Brisbane in '66. Carol Ross suggested I visit this site - I'm glad she did. Any of my contemporaries out there?
Old 24-10-2015, 10:48 AM

CameronClayton is on a distinguished road
Smile Facebook page for reunions

Hi all,

Only just stumbled across this forum and its probably not utilised as much as Facebook, but just wanted to post a link to the page if you want to find out more and possibly organising a reunion of some sort:

Page name: Rabaul International Primary School Reunion Interest Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1403..._comment_reply
Old 29-06-2017, 07:25 AM

jimmiles is on a distinguished road
Here I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys Edwards View Post
I went to Rabaul International Primary School in 1981, Mrs Wallace was my 6th class teacher. Byron Chan was in our class (dad was PM) also Jim Miles, Jamie Coase, Elton Geita, Laka Schwartz. Many faces I recall whose names I don't remember. I do remember it as a great school, though.
Just saw this Rhys!!
What you up to?

I'm in Darwin.
Flying helicopters now to rigs in Timor Sea.

Have been back to PNG quite a few times in recent years! Feel free to cantact me anyone! (jimmiles@adam.com.au)

Malcolm is here too.
Owns a big Kimberley Charter Boat.

:-)
Old 04-11-2018, 10:05 PM

Wasmoss is on a distinguished road
1978 -1982

This is Liz (Elizabeth Moss),

We left in 1982, I was in Mrs Martyn's year 4 class.
My brother Daniel was year 6 - Mrs Wallace.

Hey there Nicole Anderson. We moved to Brisbane from Rabaul.
I am living in Melbourne now.
I'm not sure if you still check this site, I would love to catch up.

Liz