Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > The Aviation Forum

The Aviation Forum Forum for anyone who's involved in aviation.. Pull up a chair, grab a bottle of beer and have a good time!

Old 07-05-2006, 01:53 PM

Maz is on a distinguished road
ANY EX DCA OR CAA, OR CIVIL AVIATION TRAINING COLLEGE X EMPLOYEES OUT THERE? 60's,70'

I had the priviledge or working with some great people with Department of Civil Aviation at Konedobu and Civil Aviation Training College, want to know where you all are now? Got to be out there somewhere? Luv to hear from you all,

Cheers,
Marianne De La Motte
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 29-07-2007, 01:16 AM

TCAS is on a distinguished road
Here's one!
Milton Farrant CATC Apprentice supervisor/Senior Mechanical Instructor - 1974 to 1982. Yes it would be interesting to catch up with a few others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
I had the priviledge or working with some great people with Department of Civil Aviation at Konedobu and Civil Aviation Training College, want to know where you all are now? Got to be out there somewhere? Luv to hear from you all,

Cheers,
Marianne De La Motte
Old 09-09-2007, 09:03 PM

Scott Martin is on a distinguished road
Ex. DCA

My father, Colin Martin, was a Papua New Guinea DCA (then CAA) employee from the late 1940's to 1983. Was initially in Moresby, then Lae from the mid 1950's until 1974, Moresby again until 1983 then transferred to Brisbane to finish his career (1985). Recently celebrated his 82nd birthday in Redcliffe, QLD. Was awarded a PNG Independence Medal in 1975 for services to Aviation.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:58 PM

Hi Scott,

I remember my father NOEL DE LA MOTTE, mentioning your fathers name quite a few times as dad was also ex DCA Lae (Buildings Department), and CAA Konedobu also buildings, happy birthday to your dad, Noel passed away aged 62. Cheers, Maz
Old 29-07-2009, 04:55 PM

Keith Wall is on a distinguished road
another ex-dca

heres another one. Keith Wall here. Is anyone still watching this thread?
Old 30-07-2009, 06:01 PM

Hi Keith,
Yours is only no. 3 message, thought there would be more. Scott Martin, myself and a few others are heading back to Moresby and Lae in october, will take photos of any remains of DCA or CATC, what department were you in. cheers, Marianne
Old 31-07-2009, 11:49 AM

Keith Wall is on a distinguished road
Hi Marianne,
you were at CATC for a while when I was there as a Tech Instructor Radio (various grades). I frequently go back to PNG with work. The old CATC is now Head Office, as they closed theTraining establishment on the grounds that training cost too much. The original head office at Konedobu burnt down some years back and is now occupied by Australian High Comm married compond, and also the police anti corruption squad amongst others. Six mile area is quite definitely a no go area these days and the road is almost non existant. My wife is currently in PNG as are all her family. I keep in touch with the remaining PNG National staff, who remain. Some have risen to well deserved senior management positions.
As far as my time in papua New Guinea, I arrived in Port Moresby initially as part of Nadzab contruction team in 1974, for a two year term. After many two year terms, I finally departed in 2003, and now in Townsville.
Cheers
Keith wall
Old 26-09-2009, 09:16 PM

Ronnie is on a distinguished road
Nadzab install

Hi All,
I worked for DCA from Melbourne (Vic) during the construction of the Nadzab airport. My role was laying the control cables/jointing from the Operation Centre/control tower tower/fire station and the DCA maintaince area to the VOR and DME. I have been back since on holidays and sited that the airport is in great need of maintaince.
Had a great time at the Aviat Club and the RSA.
Norm Dixon was the Lines boss in those days.
I meet up with John who is now the head radio lines person in Port Moresby a couple of years ago at the Aero Club.

Last edited by Ronnie; 26-09-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes after reviewing message.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:00 AM

Bob Godfrey is on a distinguished road
Hi Maz I was in DCA PNG from March 1974 to Mar 1980 based at the Workshops at the Marine Base with some travel arround TPNG/ PNG, lived in the Aviat compound until they built the Dongas next to Engineering and then moved to upper Port Rd about 78.
It doesn't look as if there has been any activity on this post for some time.
I recall Milton & Keith from those days!

Cheers will watch for a reply
Old 10-02-2013, 12:09 PM

Ronnie is on a distinguished road
DCA personnel

You would know Johnathon ???? who was in the Regional Line Section in Port Moresby.
Nabzad airport is now pretty well run down, atleast it was about 4 years when I was there. No one in the control tower or the flight service centre either.