Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > Your Story and Experiences

Your Story and Experiences If you have ever visited Papua New Guinea as a traveller, please tell us about your experience.

Old 06-10-2005, 01:35 PM

mona is on a distinguished road
Steven thks for replying. I really do not know a lot of people from that way except those that are in close contact with the family and also I have not been home for long due to work commitment so I do not know the people mentioned. I am on fly in fly out basis.
I am sure you will collect a lot about PNG on this website to help with your logo.

Talk to you later.

Iaiso.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:35 PM

benno66 is on a distinguished road
Mona -

small world! I spent all my time in Kailaki in Mark & Nou's house as one of the family... I have many a beautiful photo of your family & Mark's fam... One thing I would really appreciate is to know the rest of that song - I know the second verse starts:
Kailaki Bata
emai heremenu...
...but have forgotten the rest - it was taught to me one day by Mark out in the gardens... Haha - its funny to think I know just about everybody in your family but not you!

Donphy - good to hear there's another Koiari poster on here (not that I'm a Koairi tau, but now I have a surrogate family there!)

Lukim yupela
Yaiso
Old 08-10-2005, 03:44 PM

mona is on a distinguished road
Yes it is definitely a small world...thanks to modern tech.
You are really funny...I laughed reading that you learnt the song in the garden. The last time I sang that song was many years ago, that makes me feel ancient hahahaha...
The song starts...
Vanimeni vanimeni notari (friend friend let us go)
No yage maiteka Kailaki (Our good village Kailaki)
Kailaki bata remai heremenu (Kailaki the moon is rising from)
Evuri idinumu da ro. (And over the tree tops)
This song was composed by Kauka and Iana who were away in a Catholic school (De La Salle) near Bomana in their early teens years feeling homesick and it has become all Kailaki childrens song when thinking of home.

Can you please send me some of those photos with you in it by email at mona@pngbd.com or on mona@daltron.com.pg
Yeah, I would like to know who I am talking to...it's strange you know the family personally, only heard about you and the rest and meeting you on the internet is kind of strange but I am glad to meet up with one of the member of AVI team and that makes it special.

Vanimeni dama oti ma (I gotta go)
Yaiso

Last edited by mona; 08-10-2005 at 04:11 PM.