Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > Your Story and Experiences

Your Story and Experiences If you have ever visited Papua New Guinea as a traveller, please tell us about your experience.

View Poll Results: Is the beam (ray) real?
Yes 3 42.86%
No 3 42.86%
No too sure 0 0%
Require more information 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-01-2005, 11:15 AM

Katie is on a distinguished road
Canadiana, an opportunity to experience many of the world's wonders without ever having to leave the country.
Unless you've been there you have no concept of snow, northern lights, and other natural phenomenon you also don't get too excited when you see something new as it seems you've seen it all.
We have desert, subtropical rainforest, arctic tundra, badlands, prairies, coniferous and deciduous forest, glacial fields, mountain ranges, some of the largest fresh water lakes on the planet.... we've got it all. Hey, did you know there are actually other light phenomenons happening in North America lately? the experts are pretty stunned and I think it proves our technology is not as evolved as we'd like to believe. There are more natural phenomenon happening in the world we can't explain, you don't need science to tell you the earth is going through changes and is constantly evolving, our human species hasn't been on the planet long enough to record every little happening.
Perhaps there is divine intervention of a Godly nature
Perhaps the earth is evolving (it's not going to stop evolving on our account, p.s.- the world isn't flat either) we haven't come that far in the last hundred years and we won't move too far forward until we allow ourselves to open our minds to our imaginations it is there that we will be able to find some truth because sometimes the truth is beyond our wildest dreams.
I don't really have an opinion on what the light beam could be, I'm gonna go with God or aliens but I think light reflection and such is too primitive and boring... and so last century.
Old 24-01-2005, 02:35 PM

mangitbay is on a distinguished road
Smile Have seen snow and know what 99 below is like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie
Canadiana, an opportunity to experience many of the world's wonders without ever having to leave the country.
Unless you've been there you have no concept of snow, northern lights, and other natural phenomenon you also don't get too excited when you see something new as it seems you've seen it all.
We have desert, subtropical rainforest, arctic tundra, badlands, prairies, coniferous and deciduous forest, glacial fields, mountain ranges, some of the largest fresh water lakes on the planet.... we've got it all. Hey, did you know there are actually other light phenomenons happening in North America lately? the experts are pretty stunned and I think it proves our technology is not as evolved as we'd like to believe. There are more natural phenomenon happening in the world we can't explain, you don't need science to tell you the earth is going through changes and is constantly evolving, our human species hasn't been on the planet long enough to record every little happening.
Perhaps there is divine intervention of a Godly nature
Perhaps the earth is evolving (it's not going to stop evolving on our account, p.s.- the world isn't flat either) we haven't come that far in the last hundred years and we won't move too far forward until we allow ourselves to open our minds to our imaginations it is there that we will be able to find some truth because sometimes the truth is beyond our wildest dreams.
I don't really have an opinion on what the light beam could be, I'm gonna go with God or aliens but I think light reflection and such is too primitive and boring... and so last century.
Katie: Thanks for your comments. I think I have seen a lot more of Canada than yourself even if I am not Canadian or an immigrant to Canada. I have seen and felt snow on my face. I have tried the Finnish swim - into a 9 deg. cel water up Nunavut. What else is there for me to see?

My line of work (mining & exploration) takes me to a lot places in Canada, not the cities, but most remotes areas of Canada. The only place that I have not seen or worked in is the east coast of Canada. I have been in remote areas of BC, Yukon, Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Edmonton, sailed the Lake Superior and canoed from Yellowknife to the Arctic coast of Nunavut. Seen Polar Bears, Grizzly and black/brown bears.

I have worked in explorations camps and mines that are so remote that you only fly there at cetain time of the year! I guess you have not experience 99 deg. cel below or a constant 60-70 below in your life.

I guess the desert you are referring to is ice as there is no desert similar to those ones in Australia and Africa.

To read about something and talk about it is one thing, but to actually see, visit a place and talk about it is a different thing all together. I have seen most of the places that you have just listed above and have taken pictures of them with my own camera.

There you go, you are talking to someone that has seen most of your adopted country and have dealt with the natives on a daily bases due to mining contracts.

Oh by the way, there is no such thing as primitive light. The only primitive thing on the earth are simple molecular cells that were described previously by scientists and naturalist that can't describe something that is so simple, like a "singe cell"! And as for boring, there are no such thing thing as well. When a person describes something as being "boring", it's either they don't have any interest in the subject matter or they think they are a lot smarter and know it all!

Over to you....mangitbay
The beginning of wisdom is fear of the LORD, which is formed with the faithful in the womb. Sirach 1:12- Pro-Life

Last edited by mangitbay; 24-01-2005 at 02:49 PM.
Old 25-01-2005, 08:40 AM

Smile

My thread was in response to the skeptics looking at the pictures, however I did find your response entertaining as I was born in this country, have visited every province and territory, I have experienced every nuance this fine country has to offer from the terrain to the weather. I have not adopted this country and find your rhetoric towards the natives rather amusing I never realized they were such a tourist attraction. You obviously have not experienced the southern Alberta badlands and I can say it with conviction because not only do I live in the province, I have been around. You think because I'm young I haven't been anywhere? My whole life is an adventure sweety but I'm sure you felt good with your smart comeback. So read my thread again and adjust your mindset because I was offending nobody except those that look at the pictures and think they're touched up or light reflections. I don't claim to have a PhD sir, I was only stating my thoughts on the matter and meant no offence. What actually bores me is lack of imagination, I do not lack intelligence as suggested and apologize for any offense, I was under the impression that travelled and adventurous as myself there may have been a hint of humor or perhaps personality in this section of the forum. My apologies.
Old 25-01-2005, 08:57 AM

sorry, I read your thread again and thought I should also add that #1 Edmonton is not a province but rather one of the wealthiest cities in the Province of Alberta, business contracts with the Natives? unless you're on a reserve sweety you deal with the government otherwise you're dealing with more than natives and the conservationists are the ones to worry about. I know what I'm talking about and may I remind you that you do not know where I live, grew up, or do for a living. It's one thing to visit somewhere it's another to live there and I've experienced more of this country than most of my countrymen. I did not mean the light as being primitive I was referring to the mindset of the skeptic as being primitive and passe.
I'll also add one more time that my thread was not directed at you, perhaps you could read it again or perhaps I'll be cautious with being more articulate in the future so as not to cause further confusion, I'm really just a sweet woman that enjoyed those pictures and found them very engaging.