Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Living in Papua New Guinea > Port Moresby

Old 01-09-2005, 05:13 PM

***aCe*** is on a distinguished road
Aussie company supports Miss PNG entrant

By Hilda Wayne of PNGRCS

AUSTRALIAN Pharmaceutical company Boucher and Muir Group has agreed to sponsor Kerema lass, Miss Susanne Fii Sere in the 2005 Miss Papua New Guinea Red Cross Quest.
Miss Sere who comes from Kerema, Gulf province was elated with the news of this sponsorship.
In her efforts to secure a sponsor Miss Sere wrote a letter to the editor, Post Courier asking for potential sponsors to help and as a result Boucher and Muir became interested.
“On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Boucher and Muir Group, I have the pleasure to inform you that we have agreed to sponsor your participation in the Miss Papua New Guinea Red Cross Quest for 2005,” said Mr. Sydney Frish, Managing Director of the company.
In his letter to Miss Sere, Mr. Frish said the company’s past contributions in PNG through the National Health Department have been through various sponsorships and donations.
“The responsibility instead will lie in your ability to raise the funding for the PNG Red Cross and it will take all your enthusiasm, energy, dedication and desire to achieve the objectives for which your set yourself,” Mr. Frish said to Miss Sere.
Miss Sere said she is very grateful Boucher and Muir has responded to her call for help and that this has been very encouraging for her.
“I was thinking that a company here (in PNG) would respond but to have interest from Boucher and Muir from Australia is a big bonus for me and I would like to thank the company for making this decision to be my sponsor,” Miss Sere said.
Executives of Boucher and Muir will be in Port Moresby in August, during which time a formal launching will be done.
The PNG Red Cross Fundraising Committee expressed its gratitude to Boucher and Muir for their support.
PNGRCS, Milne Bay branch is also sponsoring one entrant in this year’s quest with five more still looking for sponsors.
Companies who would like to sponsor an entrant in the quest can contact the PNGRCS Secretariat on telephone 325 7016 or fax 325 9714 and register your interest.
Girls who have collected application of interest forms are asked to submit them immediately to the PNGRCS headquarters.

For general information about the PNG Red Cross please call Ms. Hilda Wayne on telephone 325 8577 or 325 7016 or fax 325 9714. Email: dissemrc@online.net.pg.

…ends…

Grateful for the support….Miss Sere (second from right) stands tall with other entrants in this year’s charity quest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Miss PNG 4500.jpg (55.8 KB, 313 views)

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals