Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > The Journey to Paradise

The Journey to Paradise Photos of great cultural and natural beauties of Papua New Guinea

Old 20-04-2002, 10:09 AM

wendalls is on a distinguished road
Thank You Aussi

Those photos are beautiful I am so grateful that we have this site going. I have travelled all over Australia with the Army but have always wanted to come 'home' to visit my PNG relies.

You are a wealth of information and thank you very much for the amount of work you put in this site. I am so glad that now I am able to keep track of the country.

Regards

Wendy Seymour
Old 17-06-2002, 05:42 PM

Diversion is on a distinguished road
Fantastic effort

Thanks for posting these pictures. I wished I would have been in PNG in those days.
Old 29-06-2002, 03:46 AM

Bruja is on a distinguished road
Feeling Absolutely Nostalgic!

Wonderful wonderful photos!

I am very grateful that you have shared these golden memories with us!

Feeling EXTRA proud to be a PNGuinean!
Old 25-09-2002, 08:00 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
For anyone who has enjoyed taking a stroll down yesteryear with the majic of these photos, keep checking this board because Malum from the Tourist Promotion Authority has volunteered some old photographs from the Morobe Province of years gone by.

Photographs taken by his father and uncle that he promises to bring here to Port Moresby so I can scan for your enjoyment.

09/03/03 - I must remind Malum coz I am still waiting !!! on those pic's as promised.
Old 13-05-2003, 04:47 PM

Steven Mago is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by aussie
With almost 2300 views since this thread was created has proved that all of us need a walk down memory lane once in awhile if for nothing more than to remind us of yesteryear !

ENJOY THESE WONDERFUL OLD PHOTOS !!!
Wonderful, pricesless photos indeed! As a Papua New Guinean, and one who follows the history of PNG very closely, the photos are a reminder of what Port Moresby used to be like - the good old days although we will never know and grasp the feeling experienced by residents at the time. We only now hear and see the bad side(s) of Port Moresby but I take consolation in the fact that there were some good days and these photos prove this fact. Port Moresby has a special place in my heart; I have lived there on and off for nearly 20 years and never once did I come across a situation that would chance my positive view of this great city. It is a great and beautiful looking city, despite its problems. It's got some of the best harbour views in the world and the vista from the surrounding brown hills are a marvel to be savoured. I live in Sydney; I have lived in Auckland and none of these cities reward you with magnificent views like POM City. Long live Port Moresby; you are my "home town."

Steven Mago
Sydney
Old 14-05-2003, 04:08 PM

jim bamber is on a distinguished road
I agree with you Steven

I grew up there in a mixed family so I experienced most levels of society in Port Moresby. Coming away from the warmth, vibrancy and variety of png culture to australia was a demoralising experience for us all - even more so for my stepmother. I still return there in my dreams.

This whole site has been a godsend for me, and i am recommending it to all ex-png people i meet.

the photos in particular published by aussie and others are awesome as it gives us a chance to see our hometowns a lot of which hasn't changed

cheers
jim