Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 12-11-2010, 12:34 PM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
Meanwhile In The TARDIS are two mini-episodes that has been included in the season 35 release.

The first mini-episode set between The Eleventh Hour & The Beast Below and the other between Flesh and Stone & Vampires of Venice.
The first one in retrospect provides a good lead-up to The Beast Below and it was quite surprising in the second one [highlight for spoiler] we see pictures of the past female companions.
Old 13-11-2010, 01:37 PM

From DoctorWhoNews.com:
The title for the upcoming Christmas Special has finally been revealed.

It is called A Christmas Carol.
Old 14-11-2010, 09:06 AM

Cyberman Part 4: Telos:
Released in February 2006.
Written and directed by Nick Briggs.
Final part of the first Cyberman audio mini-series from Big Finish Productions.
As the title says the story takes place on the Cybermen’s adopted home planet Telos.
Liam and the androids attempts to blow up the Cybermen’s main vault but overall this story is not explosive enough to my satisfaction.
One thing notable about Telos is Karen Brett. In previous parts Karen Brett was slowly drifting away from her humanity. In Telos she completely loses it as she is now the Cyber Leader.
When Liam tries to reason with his old friend Karen she denied she is herself anymore by saying “THERE IS NO KAREN BRETT”. In fact she says this statement very frequently throughout this story which means the one person she was trying to convince of this statement was herself. A powerful display about the loss of one’s humanity.
The ending to Telos sets up well the second series of Cyberman.
Old 15-11-2010, 09:44 AM

The Revelation of the Daleks disc on The Davros Collection released in 2007 is a straight copy of the story’s single release in 2005. This means the content of the disc is exactly the same including the info text with no effort made to update and correct mistakes made from the single release.
This meant for director Graeme Harper’s profile it presents the outdated information that Revelation of the Daleks was his last Doctor Who story even though he made his Doctor Who return in 2006.
A mistake the info text made was with Tony Starr. It again presents the information that Tony Starr was previously a Dalek operator in Resurrection of the Daleks in 1994, ten stories after that story was actually broadcast.
The info text states that Bridget Lynch-Blosse (Natasha) later appeared in the Graeme Harper-directed Star Cops episode Little Green Men and Other Martians. For the information text on Graeme Harper’s previously directed story Caves of Androzani it says that Roy Holder (Krelper) was in the same Star Cops episode.
So when it comes to doing research on Graeme Harper directing his Doctor Who cast members in other productions, the writer of the notes Richard Molesworth wasn’t thorough enough.
The info text of Revelation of the Daleks once again failed to mention that Harper had directed Colin Spaull (Lilt) and Hugh Walters (Vogel) in some episodes of The House of Elliot. The House of Elliot is not a sci fi show like Doctor Who & Star Cops so perhaps Molesworth didn’t watch that show because of that. Then again why would any Doctor Who fan not watch The House of Elliot a show that was co-created by the lovely Who alum Jean Marsh.
If the notes had been updated it would easily mention that Harper had directed Spaull in another Doctor Who story that of Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel.
The notes once again states that an influence for Revelation of the Daleks was Soylent Green even though writer/script editor Eric Saward said in the commentary that he did not see Soylent Green when he wrote this story.
Therefore Molesworth is contradicting Saward on the influence of Soylent Green to the story and I would have thought that Saward knows better how the story came about than Molesworth does.
The Davros Collection was released before Graeme Harper directed Davros’ return story The Stolen Earth/Journey’s End.
If the Davros Collection had been released after The Stolen Earth/Journey’s End and if I had written the update for the info text for Revelation of the Daleks I would have said that with The Stolen Earth/Journey’s End, Harper became the only director to direct more than one Davros story. Since Terry Molloy is the only actor to play Davros in more than one story it is quite ironic that Harper did not get to direct Molloy again as Davros for The Stolen Earth/Journey’s End instead having to direct a new actor Julian Bleach in the role.
Old 18-11-2010, 09:17 AM

Season 36:
Found from Data Extract 208 that episode 3 is written by Neil Gaiman and episode 4 by Mark Gatiss.

From DoctorWhoNews.com:
The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine has confirmed that Life On Mars/Ashes to Ashes co-creator Matthew Graham is the writer of episodes 5 and 6. This would be Graham's first Doctor Who story since season 32's Fear Her.

The name of his latest story is revealed in the following article:
http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.co...eries-six.html
Old 21-11-2010, 06:15 AM

A Christmas Carol trailer as seen during Children In Need:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98x9FwsqzHQ
Old 23-11-2010, 11:39 AM

Today is November 23 2010, the 47th anniversary of Doctor Who.
This year saw Matt Smith debut as the Eleventh Doctor along with Karen Gillan’s Amy Pond and Arthur Darvill’s Rory Williams.
It has been remarkable first year for the Eleventh Doctor and the ending of the season provides a good momentum for the next season next year.

Happy Anniversary Doctor Who.
Old 24-11-2010, 06:38 AM

From DoctorWhoNews.com:
Ingrid Pitt has passed away.

Born on November 21 1937, Ingrid Pitt appeared in two Doctor Who serials in the Jon Pertwee story The Time Monster as Galleria the Queen of Atlantis and in the Fifth Doctor story Warriors of the Deep as Solow.

Ingrid Pitt was best known for her work in horror films with films from Hammer Horror which includes the titular Countess Dracula (1971). Her non-Hammer Horror roles includes The Wicker Man (1973).

Her other work included uncredited roles in Doctor Zhivago & in the James Bond film Octopussy.

She died on the 47th anniversary of Doctor Who on November 23 2010, two days after her 73rd birthday.

Last edited by Matt See; 24-11-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 25-11-2010, 03:11 PM

The Hollows of Time:
The Hollows of Time is the fourth release of Big Finish’s Lost Stories range featuring the Sixth Doctor and Peri.
Released in February 2010.
Written by former Doctor Who script editor Christopher H Bidmead it was originally intended for the original season 23 before the story and the season was abandoned and replaced by The Trial of a Time Lord.
For the Big Finish version it was adapted and directed by John Ainsworth. As it was explained in the interviews on the release some scenes from the original script were removed as it would not have worked on audio.
The Hollows of Time has Bidmead bringing back the Tractators whom he had created for his Fifth Doctor TV story Frontios.
Very very far from Frontios, the Tractators this time around are on 20th century Earth.
The Hollows of Time is set up as a framing story with the Doctor and Peri trying to recount the adventure they just had. This provides a great intrigue for the story at least for this listener.
The adventure itself was not the only thing the Doctor struggled to remember as he had also tried to remember the name of a car he used to drive. Of course he would eventually remember her to be Bessie since the Seventh Doctor would later drive her in Battlefield.
Don’t know if I would have liked the story if it had made it on television but definitely do find the audio version to be very enjoyable.
Among the guest cast is Susan Sheridan who had played Trillian in the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy radio series. In The Hollows of Time she plays two characters Mrs Streeter and the young boy Simon. It is not unusual for Susan Sheridan to voice a young boy as she had been the voice of Noddy. In fact Simon sounds exactly like Noddy. In the interviews it was mentioned that Susan Sheridan had voiced young boys before but was disappointed the Noddy fact was not mentioned in particular given how much Noddy sounds like Simon. Nevertheless I am glad Susan Sheridan has finally appeared in Doctor Who.
Playing the villain in this story is David Garfield as Professor Stream. Garfield had played villains in the Doctor Who TV stories The War Games & The Face of Evil. Professor Stream is said to be an old enemy of the Doctor but his real identity was left ambiguous. In the interviews it was explained that the original script does reveal who Professor Stream was meant to be but the audio adaption could not get the rights to make this revelation. For those who have not yet listened to this release the clue to Professor Stream’s identity is his name.
Other interesting things that came out of the interviews is Colin Baker describing the story to be like Sapphire & Steel and Victoria Finney (Jane) says that science fiction stories are timeless.

Producer David Richardson had said that he saw on a special feature of The Trial of a Time Lord about the abandoned season 23 and The Hollows of Time got mentioned. Even though I had seen some of the content of The Trial of a Time Lord release I had decided not to proceed further with it until after I listened to all the Sixth Doctor/Peri Lost Stories since they were originally intended for television and set before the aforementioned Trial.
So ironically I have not yet seen the aforementioned special feature on the original season 23 due to the reason I have just given.

Last edited by Matt See; 25-11-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:03 PM

Toby Whithouse to write an episode for season 36:
http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/whithouse-b...ctor+Who+TV%29