Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > POM International School

Old 19-04-2002, 08:46 AM

timsmum71 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb 1983-1984 Started at POMHI

Hi

Someone mentioned Dobi Kidu in one of the posts. I remember her, she was in the same year as me. Her mum was my History teacher too. Can remember lots of names, and have been wondering where they all are now....I still keep in touch with Laurie Kinaston who is also in NZ. I wonder about the teachers etc too - Mrs Sawyer (English) and a male English teacher whose name escapes me now (very flamboyant writing, first name Stephen?), an Art teacher and her husband who taught Photography,Woodwork etc. Haven't really thought much about whats happened to everyone, its been nearly 20 years and now I am wondering! Looking back it was a pretty amazing school, good teachers and lots of choices for students (compared to what was available when I got back to NZ).

Anyone else out there from around the same time as me (oldies ). Maybe Todez55?

Some names: Mitchell Young, Danielle Dwyer and Jodi, Deanna Deluca, Fash Sawyer, Kimo,Sam, Melissa Hastie,....

Any others out there from Korobosea Primary?

Think I was in Tanu (?Red?) house, the school dances were very cool - I especially remember a Rocky Horror Picture Show one.

Cheers

Kristin (maiden surname was French)
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 08-05-2002, 02:57 PM

Todez55 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1983-1984 Started at POMHI

Quote:
Originally posted by timsmum71
Hi

Someone mentioned Dobi Kidu in one of the posts. I remember her, she was in the same year as me. Her mum was my History teacher too. Can remember lots of names, and have been wondering where they all are now....I still keep in touch with Laurie Kinaston who is also in NZ. I wonder about the teachers etc too - Mrs Sawyer (English) and a male English teacher whose name escapes me now (very flamboyant writing, first name Stephen?), an Art teacher and her husband who taught Photography,Woodwork etc. Haven't really thought much about whats happened to everyone, its been nearly 20 years and now I am wondering! Looking back it was a pretty amazing school, good teachers and lots of choices for students (compared to what was available when I got back to NZ).

Anyone else out there from around the same time as me (oldies ). Maybe Todez55?

Some names: Mitchell Young, Danielle Dwyer and Jodi, Deanna Deluca, Fash Sawyer, Kimo,Sam, Melissa Hastie,....

Any others out there from Korobosea Primary?

Think I was in Tanu (?Red?) house, the school dances were very cool - I especially remember a Rocky Horror Picture Show one.

Cheers

Kristin (maiden surname was French)

Hi Kristin remember me?

David
Old 08-05-2002, 03:23 PM

Old mates

Well kristin,

I think I remember you now, and its great to see you tracking back to catch up on old mates.

The only guys I keep in touch with here are my buddies off course namely, Donald Tarutia, Sam Taufa, Allan Pora-Schmidt, Daniel Johns, Madi Daro, Raymond Ray, Gau Eguta,
Lynette Witchurch, Lara Burner & Chris Mileng.

Most of whom are already growing white hairs(kidding) and living quite comfortably.

Mrs Kidu is currently a member of Parliment and is looking quite confident going into the 2002 elections.

The other teachers I don't think are present in the coountry anymore however I have caught a glimpse of Mr Simpson once or twice.

I have a few of their email addresses for your info.

nice to hear from kris, by the way whats your surname now?
Old 08-05-2002, 03:30 PM

I remember Sam and Alan and Dulcie Pora-Schmidt. Didn't Alan and Dulcie end up going to Oz to boarding school?

My surname now is Flanagan. Have been married for 7 years, have 2 lovely children.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:38 PM

Yes Allan and Dulcie did go south however Allan is now back and a First Officer for Air Niugini on the F28.

Dulcie I think is still in OZ and happily married now with children.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:53 PM

nsmyth is on a distinguished road
Korobosea Primary

Interested in tracking down people who attended Korobosea Primary from 1969 - 1975. Names include:
Kopi Numa, June West, Ian Sisagu, Andrew Stewart, Mark Fortunaso, Anna Muller, Angela Bonafonte, Simone Bodman, Gay Macdonald, Jadi Niemenan, Martin Stoltz,
Old 04-08-2002, 01:45 AM

Bryan is on a distinguished road
Smile Old Dayz

Hey Kristen,

Those days gone... Hmmm - I remember you actually very much so - you were my first crush!! I was alittle geeky at the time - but since gone a long way from that... You might remember me - Bryan Hoare (blonde dude friend of Sam Taufa, Ian Liveras, Richard Kimo, Tony Mann, Jimmy Morehead to name a few of the gang).

In 1983 went to boarding school in the UK while my folks lived in PNG and got back a few times in those days... Then on to Switzerland, USA, France, for work.. Uni in the UK focussed on sports science and went to race international in Triathlons... Still racing as I live an eternal student life (M.Sc. MBA etc...) moderated with work flings now and again.. Work in the hospitality/ retreat/ spa/ fitness industry around Asia - including Bali, Thailand and Singapore.

Actually met up with Sam Taufa a few years back (2000) in Singapore - we had a few beers and talked of the old days - what a blast!! I am still in touch with Sam - we e-mail avery few weeks or so and hopefully will meet up again sometime - Sam is now a captain of Dash-8 or is that F-28 (I think the dash) and married to a lovely lady called Ros

... See Ian Liveras had made it as captain of the PNG rugby team - congrats Ian!

I'm now in Perth for a bit as I contemplate life and enjoy the wonders of the Aussie climate (cold at the moment!!) - anyone else out there remember: handball under the buildings, house games, the Sting dance show we did, sex education in the meeting hall (?!), Mr Crilly, Mrs. Waters, Mrs. Ledger (yikes to her!!), Mrs. Brennan (English rose), homework, looking at those blue and green high school uniformed kids like they were gods, those bindies that stuck in your feet on the far side of the oval (near Air Nuigini Hill), hot days and heavy rains, Ela Beach, Leo's amazing hair (which started to move afeter he did - now that was some Afro stylin'); we even played blacks against whites in soccer (not very PC now ! - though I remember everone would make claim to be black as they always won!!);

If you get this drop me a line - bryan@starwon.com.au

Happy days
B x
Old 02-09-2002, 08:25 AM

gato is on a distinguished road
Laurie Kinaston

Hi there,

I am from Switzerland. Laurie Kinaston, from Wanganui, NZ was my penpale from 1985 till 1989. Then sadly the connection was broken.

Can anyone of you send me her E-Mail or real adress to: gato@gmx.ch ? Thanks a lot for your advantage!

Greetings from the other side of the Earth!

:-)

Marcel

Last edited by gato; 02-09-2002 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-09-2002, 11:29 AM

Thumbs up Hi Guys

Nice to hear from you Bryan. I will write to you at your email address soon! Did you notice Rachel Mclean posting on this message board somewhere...do you remember her? Hey - any photos from back then that you can access?

For Marcel - I am still in regular contact with Laurie - I will email her with your details. As for her postal address, she is living in Wanganui and still has the same name, so try looking in the internet phone directory for her city. Otherwise I am sure she will be in touch by email soon. She has a wee boy now about 18mths old and is a teacher in Wanganui.

Bye for now
Kristin
Old 02-09-2002, 03:29 PM

Bryan is on a distinguished road
On Koro Kids...

Hey good to see the thread keeps going... Kristen - hope to hear more... I do also remember Laurie long hair often used to keep it in braided pigtails - I remember being a pain in the *** and pulling them a few times (ha ha).

I will drop this thread to Sam Taufa too!!

Be well dudes
Bryan (AKA Bruxy)