Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Living in Papua New Guinea > Port Moresby

Old 02-12-2012, 08:43 PM

brian green is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Why the reluctance in PNG to communicate with the World?

As I live in New Zealand, I communicate with businesses in PNG by letter and email. In several instances, letters sent seeking information have been unanswered (Port Moresby General Hospital, PNG University in Port Moresby, and the PNG National Mapping Bureau.) My letters were clearly addressed (-yes, they had the PO Box number) and had my return address on the outside, yet I received no reply.

In other instances, emails sent to two businesses received no reply (I had sent these emails to reputable business firms) I am beginning to think that New Guineans think they do not need to reply to other parts of the World when they are politely contacted.

Has anyone else had this ignorance?

Another letter I sent to a friend in Bereina in the Central Province, was held by Post PNG for over a year before being returned to me (unopened) It seems Bereina Post Office did not forward my letter to my friend despite him being a headman in Bereina village and therefore well known!! Do Post PNG staff have no common sense?

New Guineans are taught English in primary school -what is it they don't understand when receiving a polite request by letter or email?

The sad part is foreign aid continues to be given to PNG and PNG is still sitting on the ground after 37 years of so-called "Independence".
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals