Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > Travel & Tourism Discussion

Travel & Tourism Discussion You are welcome to post questions, stories or experience travelling in Papua New Guinea.

Old 22-11-2003, 07:55 PM

kucinta is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Need the Nov/Dec 2003 edition of Paradise magazine

Dear Sir/Madam in Australia or Papua New Guinea,

Greetings to you from Singapore !

I need Air Niugini's Paradise Nov/Dec 2003 edition two printed new copies for reference and to send to someone else in the world as a birthdy gift. I cannot find Nov/Dec 2003 edition copies of Paradise in Singapore office of Air Niugini because Air Niugini never sent the copies onboard to the office though Air Niugini says Paradise also travels to all international offices by Nov 10, 2003.

Can anyone send me this edition, said by Mr Bob Martin of Air Niugini to be produced in Australia, rather than Fiji ? Please send two copies of the new Paradise magazine of Air Niugini, Nov/Dec 2003. to me at my address by AIR-MAIL.

My name and address:

Kucinta Setia
205 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1
11th Floor-Unit 1087 [#11-1087}
560205, Singapore
Republic of SINGAPORE.

Thank you for your attention. Hope to hear from you and thank you for your forthcoming assistance.

Regards,
Kucinta Setia
SINGAPORE
E-mail: ksetia@hotmail.com

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 22-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
I advertise in the Paradise Magazine and the last I heard was that this edition you are referring to has been produced but the last time I spoke to the publishers in fiji, they were waiting on Air Niugini to give them the green light.

I dont know if that was before it was printed or to approve the release of the publication. However, I usually get some free copies due to my advertisement and as at the time of writing, I am still waiting.....

I personally will forward one to you whenever I get my hands on a copy.
Old 22-11-2003, 09:42 PM

Air Niugini's Paradise magazine Nov/Dec 2003

Thank you for your reply, Aussie. I personally hope to receive one or two copies of this Paradise edition from you. As far as i know, this edition has been published and printed but not available to Singapore and Australia offices yet. This is what I am anxious about. You have my address for reference to send me this edition. Thank you.

Cna you find out more from Air Niugini when copies will be available to international patrons ?

Regards,
Kucinta Setia
SINGAPORE
Old 22-11-2003, 11:18 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

My husband only came up last Wednesday and he just said nothing on their aircraft as yet so assume it is PNG Taim all over again.

I will let you know when they become available as I sent off an email to the editor tonight in fiji asking what is going on and when they are expected to be available.

Will keep you posted....
Old 23-11-2003, 09:32 PM

Aussie, also you should try to contact Ms Eva Arni of Air Niugini's Headquarters. She represents Air Niugini on the Editorial Board of the re-launched Paradise magazine. She and another Air Niugini officer Bob Martin are responsible for telling me that copies of Paradise Nov/Dec 2003 are ready and are being airfreighted to international offices of Air Niugini and available on jets of Air Niugini.

Copies of the re-launched Paradise should suppose be available onboard since Nov 8, according to Bob Martin, and since Nov 10, 2003 at international offices of Air Niugini.

As of Friday two days ago, I checked with Air Niugini's Singapore office. Eva and Bob only get the Post-Courier Supplement on Air Niugini's 30th Anniversary copies cleared for availability. I want to know what happens to Paradise Nov/Dec 2003 edition copies "from Australia". I am confused.

If copies of Paradise Nov/Dec 2003 are printed from Fiji, please inform me and reserve two copies for me.

Eva says Paradise Nov/Dec 2003 copies are to "come from Australia" or is Eva sick-minded ? She may have forgotten the airline's contract with Fiji-based ibi. Can you check with her or check with Bob Martin ? Call Air Niugini's Headquarters at 675-3273200 and ask for call transfer to either Eva or Bob.

Or as usual, e-mail or fax enquiries to all the e-mail addresses of Air Niugini in Port Moresby that you can find, including bmartin@airniugini.com.pg, e-mail address of Bob Martin or Rod Nelson at rnelson@airniugini.com.pg.

I have done my part. Please help me.

Thank you very much for your attention and ready assistance.

Once I receive Paradise Nov/Dec 2003 from you, I will send the inflight magazine of Malmo Aviation "Grip" as my gift of gratitude to you if you provide me your address.

Hope to read from you again.

Best Regards,
Kucinta Setia
SINGAPORE
Old 24-11-2003, 12:03 PM

Aussie, I called Ms Eva Arni. I hope what she told me is true. She told me that Paradise Nov/Dec 2003 copies have just arrived by TNT from Fiji. Today, she and her team place copies of the re-launched Paradise onto planes of Air Niugini. Copies will also be sent to all international commercial offices of Air Niugini. I will personally check with Singapore office by this Saturday and please do check too at your side.

Kucinta
ksetia@hotmail.com
Old 24-11-2003, 12:05 PM

Need Nov/Dec 2003 of Paradise magazine

Aussie, please send me one or two copies of Paradise Nov/Dec 2003 if you receive this edition's copies earlier. Thank you.

Kucinta
ksetia@hotmail.com
Old 24-11-2003, 02:42 PM

Able is on a distinguished road
Paradise Magazine

I have no idea where the "new" Paradise Magazine" is being printed but I think that the magazines would have to transit Australia.

I would imagine that with the recent problems experienced by Air Niugini that priority would be given to paid freight. Could you imagine the uproar if Air Niugini offloaded some full fare freight to get the magazines to Moresby?

Isn't it strange how people demand a "free publication" and kick up such a stir when the magazines are delayed?

I do admit that it is one of the best inflight magazines and I can understand how the person is very anxious to get a copy though.

That reminds me - it must be time to renew my subscription. :-)
Old 24-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

too true....kucinta - you can subscribe and it will automatically be sent to you....

but I agree with Able, it is a popular magazine and we all like to see whats new inside.

Our journalist Alison submitted an article but it missed out so we should be disappointed but hey thats the breaks...you win some, you loose some.

Old 24-11-2003, 04:03 PM

Webteam is on a distinguished road
Re: Need Nov/Dec 2003 of Paradise magazine

Quote:
Originally posted by kucinta
Aussie, please send me one or two copies of Paradise Nov/Dec 2003 if you receive this edition's copies earlier. Thank you.

Kucinta
ksetia@hotmail.com
Kucinta, called for Eva Arni today regarding the PARADISE MAGAZINE but she wasn't available to answer to my query and someone from the helpdesk told me that the Copies Air Niugini has is STRICTLY for them and said for us to get our Copies from the FIJI-BASED IBI. I'm not sure what IBI means but thats what i got from AIR NIUGINI HELPDESK.........T O D A Y.... and infact the MAGAZINE publishers are here in PNG arrived today is what I got from the helpdesk as well.....