Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 20-10-2015, 10:28 AM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones (with A.K.A. now dropped from its title) makes its debut on Netflix on November 20.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 28-10-2015, 12:58 PM

Jessica Jones trailer:
http://www.kasterborous.com/2015/10/...jones-trailer/

Last edited by Matt See; 05-11-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 27-12-2015, 09:25 AM

A.K.A. Ladies Night:

Series opener.

Quite a dark way to starting this series as Jessica is given a case of a missing girl.

Jessica having superpowers which she used to stop someone from leaving in his car would have been surprised if this very fact hadn't been made in promotion of this series.

Jessica is given the case of the missing girl when the girl's parents got referred to her by someone at the police station.

That someone would turn out to be Kilgrave (David Tennant and we only hear his voice here).

Kilgrave giving Jessica this case and the fact that Tennant had been the Tenth Doctor felt very reminiscent of Missy getting the Doctor (when he was the Eleventh) and Clara together.

With Missy being the Master by another name, it is easy to imagine, especially with the Tennant casting, that Kilgrave is another version of the Master even though Tennant had been the Doctor not the Master.

Spooky in how Kilgrave is introduced here with the flashback at the restaurant and hearing the backstory about him from Jessica.

When Jessica rescued the girl quite horrific that the girl under the influence of Kilgrave kill her own parents.

This certainly set the tone of the series.
Old 28-12-2015, 04:41 PM

A.K.A. Crush Syndrome:
Episode 2.
That physician sure looked terrified as he ran away upon seeing Jessica thinking incorrectly that Kilgrave is with her.
David Tennant finally make a full on appearance as Kilgrave towards the end of the episode, having only just heard his voice in Ladies Night.
Kilgrave was absolutely terrifying when he mesmerized that family in doing his bidding including sending the children to the closet.
What a revelation that Cage has superpowers as well.

Last edited by Matt See; 29-12-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 29-12-2015, 04:36 PM

AKA It's Called Whiskey:
Episode 3.
The episode title refers to how Jessica gets on with life.
Spooky when Kilgrave made his call to Trish's radio programme.
We get a clear flashback of the demise of the woman whose picture is in Jessica's bathroom. No doubt it is quite harrowing for Jessica to remember.
Not bad the little plot of the police sergeant hypnotised to do Kilgrave's bidding.
Old 30-12-2015, 05:48 PM

A.K.A. 99 Friends:
Episode 4.
The episode title refers to just how many friends Jessica has who have the same abilities as her.
It was her abilities in which she became the target of a woman who blames people like Jessica for the loss of her mother due to a certain incident that took place in the first Avengers movie even though Jessica herself has noted she wasn't even there.
Jessica sure demonstrated her anger on being the target here telling the woman to just live through the pain. It certainly a situation that I am very sympathetic to.
Bizarre that the police sergeant who was hypnotised to kill Trish ended up having a conversation with her on opposite sides of her door before she let him into the apartment. I guess that is an example in which anything is possible.
Quite intriguing the clue one of the survivors gave to Jessica and what she then found on the surveillance video.
Old 31-12-2015, 08:03 PM

AKA The Sandwich Saved Me:
Episode 5.
The episode title refers to Jessica being dressed that way for a job when she saved a girl from being hit by a car.
Interesting flashbacks to Jessica's life before she became a PI.
Amazing revelation on the significant of Malcolm's junkie state.
Daring attempt by Jessica and co to grab Kilgrave only for him to be taken back by his team.
Interesting flashback to Jessica and Kilgrave's first meeting.
Kilgrave said save the picture save the junkie sounded like an ad campaign. I would have thought that it sounded like Heroes.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:00 PM

AKA You're a Winner:
Episode 6.
This episode presents a good advice of not playing against Kilgrave at a poker game. Not only would you lose but also it could cost you your life.
Cage was sure angry with the bus driver who he believed had killed his wife only for Jessica to confess it was she who killed her instead.
That anger sure could not be contained.
Intriguing on the significance of the house that Kilgrave bought here.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:48 PM

AKA Top Shelf Perverts:
Episode 7.
Kilgrave sure demonstrated how he did not like Ruben on their only meeting just by killing him.
Intense situation when Jessica followed Wendy and almost getting her killed by a train.
Interesting introduction to Trish's mother who took Jessica in when she was a girl but as Jessica said about her she does not get credit for doing the right thing for the wrong reason as Trish's mother did not take Jessica out of the goodness of her heart. I definitely would not want to be taken care by Trish's mother if I were still a boy.
The episode title refers to a category of inmates and as part of her plan Jessica wants to get in there.
This she does by framing herself for Ruben's murder by taking off his head.
Jessica refuses to allow Hogarth to prevent her from going into the max.
When Jessica got released from the police station she initially thought it was Hogarth's doing but I knew it wasn't her as Hogarth is hardly a caring person.
It was instead Kilgrave and what a situation he created at the police station.
At the police station David Tennant as Kilgrave says to Jessica that he loves her. Someone made a joke out of this scene in reference to Tennant's time as the Doctor. In Doctor Who, Rose Tyler told the Tennant Doctor that she loves him in Doomsday but he was unable to say that he loves her back. Rose's love for the Doctor was again bought up in Journey's End but the Doctor gave an answer that was not heard by the audience.
The joke was in the form of the meme in which Tennant as Kilgrave professes his love to Jessica followed by a picture of Rose upset that Tennant said "I love you" to Jessica but not to her Rose!
Intriguing the present that Kilgrave left to Jessica and the episode ending with Jessica meeting Kilgrave at her old childhood home.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:50 PM

AKA WWJD?:
Episode 8.
WWJD of course stands What Would Jessica Do.
Remarkably this episode has Jessica and Kilgrave spending a lot of time together.
That neighbour didn't really rub off well with me and Kilgrave definitely showed his feeling towards her at the end.
Intriguing when Kilgrave tells us what he was like as a boy to explain the way he is now.
David Tennant as Kilgrave mentioned a certain age he was when he lost his parents. Jessica then responded by saying "You're not 10 anymore." An obvious in-joke to what numbered Doctor he was.
Also in this episode two servants under Kilgrave's control were told by him to their eyes open for Jessica's return. Kilgrave refuses to let them blink which certainly reminded me of a certain Tennant Doctor Who episode about blinking.
What an ending to the episode which sees a bomb going off which disposes of the said neighbour in the process.