Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Living in Papua New Guinea > Port Moresby

Old 06-08-2007, 05:36 PM

daniel_in_png is on a distinguished road
Smile Live in madang,need info,thx!

Hi you guys,Im daniel from China and gonna go 2 madang working there for a long period.It is said madang is a beautiful place,but i wonder Is it safe there cause i heard that png got a high crime rate and some diease such as malaria there.Can cellphone be used ,can internet service is provided,what can i do in my spare time....ETC. Could anyone lives in madang or ever been there give me some information,Ill be apreciated, and also I wanna know new friend ahead of time in madang or other parts of png.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 17-08-2007, 12:52 AM

babotane is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_in_png
Hi you guys,Im daniel from China and gonna go 2 madang working there for a long period.It is said madang is a beautiful place,but i wonder Is it safe there cause i heard that png got a high crime rate and some diease such as malaria there.Can cellphone be used ,can internet service is provided,what can i do in my spare time....ETC. Could anyone lives in madang or ever been there give me some information,Ill be apreciated, and also I wanna know new friend ahead of time in madang or other parts of png.

Hi Daniel,

I dont live in Madang but I live in Port Moresby. In terms of crime rate in Madang or PNG, its not as bad as in Iraq or Afganistan. Unless you put yourself at a wrong place at a wrong time, you may get the shock of your life from opportunist. Generally PNG people are peacefull and full of respect. Unlike in other parts of the world, any body and every body in PNG would be greeting and smiling at you when they know that you a foreigner.

I suggest you come here try the life style, meet the lovely people and see their beautifull places. The Madang town has access to modern communication facilities e.g. internet, mobile etc........ You wont be disappointed.

Pls. send me a mail on babotane@gmail.com so that we can catch up when you come to PNG.

See you
Old 19-08-2007, 05:56 PM

heart_in_png is on a distinguished road
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by babotane

Hi Daniel,

I dont live in Madang but I live in Port Moresby. In terms of crime rate in Madang or PNG, its not as bad as in Iraq or Afganistan. Unless you put yourself at a wrong place at a wrong time, you may get the shock of your life from opportunist. Generally PNG people are peacefull and full of respect. Unlike in other parts of the world, any body and every body in PNG would be greeting and smiling at you when they know that you a foreigner.

I suggest you come here try the life style, meet the lovely people and see their beautifull places. The Madang town has access to modern communication facilities e.g. internet, mobile etc........ You wont be disappointed.

Pls. send me a mail on babotane@gmail.com so that we can catch up when you come to PNG.

See you
hi babotane,
thx so much for your reply, i m Daniel's friend, and i m so worried about him u know, but your reply made me feeling better, and i think daniel will be too. i must say thanks for him to u. ^^
Old 26-08-2007, 12:15 AM

daniel_in_png is on a distinguished road
Thank so much babotane,Im already in madang for almost 2 weeks ,its really a beautiful place with nice people.Hope make friends here,anyone would like plz contact me.