Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes

Anything Goes Discuss any topics with your wantoks, brothers and sisters, or just pop in and introduce yourself and make friends.

Old 17-08-2008, 02:17 AM

whiteangel is on a distinguished road
sounds interesting~!! u mean Japanese food as well?! Had been told there is a kind of bitternuts which will taste like beer? it all so different from malaysia.
But one thing,communications & kid activities are limited due to poor development.
R those sundries items from wewak sundry store mostly import from australia itself?
do they sell variety of needs? to my surprise i think they aren't any women's boutique locally?i wonder how those local women gets their wear handmake?
Old 18-08-2008, 04:47 PM

saina is on a distinguished road
If you are interested whiteangel.. let the locals introduce you to "Buai"..Betelnut..the Bitternut as they call it..The chewable alcohol... but make sure you have ubundant supply of cold water nearby.. and ofcourse ubundant supply of Toothpaste and tooth brush.
the hotels in wewak do sell some fashion design clothes if your into those sorts, maggie might confirm that i am not quite sure.. but yes there are Big department stores and Grocery stores that will cater for you houshold needs - and sure enough try out some local dishes and if you are lucky enough teach some local friends some of your dishes so you established a long lasting relationship with them during your stay
if i come around to pass through wewwak to go for surfing in Vanimo i might call in..hope you will be friendly enough ...
Old 19-08-2008, 01:02 PM

Sure,our country are very famous for its variety asian foods ,which i dun think will adapted well to PNG locals food.Mayb if u hav chance come Singapore & Malaysia i will bring u & taste all the local asian dishes & definately u will love the taste!
Big departmental stores?how big was it? cos as far i knew only those small ones available,and here at singapore our 'BIG' departmenta stores means very huge with multi storeys. pls advise thanks!
Old 22-08-2008, 06:56 PM

Maggy is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteangel
Sure,our country are very famous for its variety asian foods ,which i dun think will adapted well to PNG locals food.Mayb if u hav chance come Singapore & Malaysia i will bring u & taste all the local asian dishes & definately u will love the taste!
Big departmental stores?how big was it? cos as far i knew only those small ones available,and here at singapore our 'BIG' departmenta stores means very huge with multi storeys. pls advise thanks!
Hmm..true..I won't say Big, not even close to multi stores you like the ones at your end. Maybe in the next 100 years! (he, he, he joking). We normal walk around with casual clothing because of the hot climate and also because the fact we don't have many large scale produce of good clothings. Normally exported goods. That's another reason why I'm also hugly influenced to be now studing fashion + Textile Designing also.

Hope to travel to Singapore.
Old 23-08-2008, 01:40 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy
Hmm..true..I won't say Big, not even close to multi stores you like the ones at your end. Maybe in the next 100 years! (he, he, he joking). We normal walk around with casual clothing because of the hot climate and also because the fact we don't have many large scale produce of good clothings. Normally exported goods. That's another reason why I'm also hugly influenced to be now studing fashion + Textile Designing also.

Hope to travel to Singapore.
yeah~!! Warmest welcome to you if u wanna come jus drop me a note~!! u definately enjoy those food & unlimited designs here also strict singapore's rule
so where did most local niugians gets their clothing from?since there isn't any boutiques available..