Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > POM International School

Old 06-11-2001, 01:46 AM

[w a n t o k] is on a distinguished road
..:[the Pomis Herald]:..

Ok, let me make this clear at first, this isn't because I'm up myself for POMIS, this is for those who are oblivious of what's happening in that place who are interested in finding out. This is mainly from a year 12s point of view.

The year 12s have now finished school...they ended school in style by entertaining the whole school in a year 12 Final Assembly. This assembly was performed with acts from students from the theatre arts class, musical items performed by a band called 3JA (A was I, wantoks ), and a special appearance by POMIS' Osama bin Laden (re-enacted by Jeffry Feeger - also an upcoming future PNGean artist & soccer player to watch out for in the near future). Osama managed to grab hostages upon making his appearance onto the POMIS stage, sticking a gun to a Filipino guys head, and forcing him to play drums for the first song, and grabbing an innocent Middle School girl to play the guitar (that was me). After a couple of go's with trying to play songs to both drummer's, guitarists and singer's (Osama's) liking, the little girl settled for the drums, the filipino settled for the guitar, and Osama grabbing the mic...hoping to attract attention to himself as he sang on behalf of the year 12s about finishing school, whilst holding a gun towards the crowd. The crowd was pleased with the performances, although I admit was not as entertaining at last year's performances, we managed to get away with not hurting anyone's feelings, or throwing eggs and shaving cream everywhere.

One has to often wonder what it would be like to live life not being able to go to school, to never attend actual lessons and never see your friends in their usual attire of white shirts and blue shorts. As the year 12 PNG students finished off their PNGHSC, there was a sigh of relief, at the same time, a sigh of sadness as they knew that, that was it, and there was no turning back. They may party hard now, but during Graduation it will hit each and every one of each Year 12 in PORT MORESBY, not only POMIS, that it's all over.

I am one to say that it has not hit me that it's all over. Only because I took the easy way out of high school through internal assessments and tests. Em tasol, no final exams...whereas some are still going through their final exams of IB or something.

The last time I will see you guys would most likely be UNI. As I leave at the end of this month.

Entering school is quite weird now. The year 10s come to school on when there's an IGCSE exam on for them. And what's left of the seniors are the IB students taking their exams.

There is a new principal, Mr. Paul Sloan. More qualified than any of the past principals POMIS has ever had. But something tells me that things are going to be WAY different after the new principal moves in.

Everything will be missed. The sweet canteen food, the english staffroom that the whole school has adapted to, and especially the Common Room that everyone has learnt to live in. Where I know of a student that goes in there in the morning, sleeps, eats, and even washes her face in there. She brings a change of clothing - and yes, you can say she doesn't have a life.

This is getting a little long. BUT...

Cruzin...You asked about what's happening with us after exams...well now that exams are over, PLAYERS was full of year 12s from everywhere, and it basically turned into a huge reunion field that even the bouncers had to kick under-age kids out. If you're askin' what's happening - WELL THERE'S A WHOLE HEAP OF PARTYIN' HAPPENING.

Have fun while you're here...take care...till the next edition

p.s. Cruzin', here's an image I know you'll like...
http://www.angelfire.com/zine/wantoks/pomhi.html
So I learn from my mistakes
Itís beyond my control, sometimes itís best to let go
Whatever happens in this lifetime
So I trust in love
You have given me peace of mind I feel so alive...for the very first time, I can't deny you, I feel so Alive...
http://www.geocities.com/wantokii
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 06-11-2001, 05:05 PM
the baddest1

"Parting is such sweet sorrow"...W.S

Yes, Wantoks, it's SAD TO GO WHEN IT'S THE ONE THING YOU'VE KNOWN FOR SO LONG...

You promise each other that you'll write, & make time to meet up But things will never be the same.At least you have the great memories to treasure.

Cry your heart out and make the most of the next month..

Sounds like you love your musical side, pursue it, you'll be the happiest doing something you LOVE.

Cheers & cokes, Badd.
Old 08-11-2001, 07:01 PM

Cruzin is on a distinguished road
Thanks Wantoks

The photo brought tears to my eyes... So many people new that I never got to know... So many people that weren't there and I wonder where they are, how they're doing and if they have any regrets... My regret would be never finishing school there... But I could never exchange it for the time here in NZ... Was it a mistake to leave POMIS... Regretfully no... It's an experience that I've come to mends with... Grade 12's of 2001 live forever!!!
Was that aspiring Artist / Soccer star - J.F. (Feeger) or did you mean T.C. (Changol) or who did you mean Aubz?!?!

Laters
Our Flag - A new NZ Flag design concept

Tingim, amateurs built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by Cruzin; 15-11-2001 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2001, 04:25 PM

shakira is on a distinguished road
Unhappy ya mardi!

..Man, that picture sure is heart renching...(brings back so many happy memories!)

I too wish I'd never had left POMHI! Sad ones, wish I could have completed year 12 there!! Looked at the photo to see if I recognised anyone's lil brother or sister.

(*sigh*) one day, I'll definately go back!!

1996 - Year 10 leaver.........
Old 15-12-2001, 05:37 AM

I WANNA GO BACK! I MISS IT

by the way, I've gone back home to my home country - so I got no more news to tell...but I'll update you once the year starts again
So I learn from my mistakes
Itís beyond my control, sometimes itís best to let go
Whatever happens in this lifetime
So I trust in love
You have given me peace of mind I feel so alive...for the very first time, I can't deny you, I feel so Alive...
http://www.geocities.com/wantokii
Old 25-01-2002, 09:34 AM

shakira is on a distinguished road
Talking ...pictures

hey is there a special section here that people can post pictures of the schools???

Cos, pleaz if anyone has any old or new pictures of POMHI or Port Moresby laying around I would love to see them!!!!!!
Old 25-01-2002, 09:53 AM
lean and keen ;)

muppie is on a distinguished road
Shakira,

Please create a New Thread about this and we can talk about it...

Anyone can post pictures here just attach it when you post your message, but you'd have to click Post Reply instead of using the quick reply feature.

POMIS hasn't got pics... but bulae even got some really old pics there.. come on guys
Old 22-05-2002, 02:02 PM

skwadi is on a distinguished road
Hiii...guys

man, aubs nice to see that you're on here as well. Well, I'm missing everyone so badly....especially mr. Hansen...my one and only bubu..hehehehehe....

Muppies and Shakira nice to meet you guys....

well, I better leave you guys...

Later...emau...kole kamu's hehehehe
Old 22-05-2002, 03:29 PM

g'day skwadi...how's it goin'...

er...who are you?
Old 26-06-2002, 04:56 PM

tmpworldwide is on a distinguished road
How much? And is it a good experience?

My family may be moving to Port Moresby soon and I want to know if the International School is good? Also how much does it cost to go there?