Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > POM International School

Old 02-02-2009, 04:06 PM

Peter Aust is on a distinguished road
Wink E-mail address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Lauenstei
Hello Peter,

A friend of my fiance found your message referencing my name. If you would like to contact me my email address is fclauenstein@bigpond.com.

Our High School years were fun !

Best Regards,

Franz.
Hi Franz,
I tried your email above, wouldn't work. I've got some photos to show you. Drop me a line, either here or peter.aust@csiro.au
Cheers,
Peter
Old 17-08-2010, 02:47 AM

Rosemary Flory is on a distinguished road
Form B in 1971 (Franz Lauenstein, Peter Aust, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Lauenstei View Post
Hello Peter,

A friend of my fiance found your message referencing my name. If you would like to contact me my email address is fclauenstein@bigpond.com.

Our High School years were fun !

Best Regards,

Franz.

Hi, Franz and Peter,
I joined PNG Forum today. I only just discovered it yesterday. So this is years late, but yes, Peter, I remember those people you named, and I can remember two more: Tex Stevens and Sue Cameron. Of course, we remember the teachers, too. We oughta mention them!
The last time I visited POM was in June 1995. I plan to walk the Kokoda Trail in 2013.
I've often wondered where you all were. For years I've been a member of POM HI on Alumni.net, but no-one else was!
Anyway, I live in Austria. Have been here for 30 years. Am Austrian now. World's most beautiful country. I remember that Franz's mum was Austrian.
It would be great to hear from you, even if you just say "hi". Best to use my work email address, as I check it every day: R.Flory@iaea.org
Em nau! Rosemary (Pip)
Old 17-08-2010, 07:48 PM

Port Moresby High School (its former name): Form 4 in 1971, Form 5 1972, Form 6 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary Flory View Post

Hi, Franz and Peter,
I joined PNG Forum today. I only just discovered it yesterday. So this is years late, but yes, Peter, I remember those people you named, and I can remember two more: Tex Stevens and Sue Cameron. Of course, we remember the teachers, too. We oughta mention them!
The last time I visited POM was in June 1995. I plan to walk the Kokoda Trail in 2013.
I've often wondered where you all were. For years I've been a member of POM HI on Alumni.net, but no-one else was!
Anyway, I live in Austria. Have been here for 30 years. Am Austrian now. World's most beautiful country. I remember that Franz's mum was Austrian.
It would be great to hear from you, even if you just say "hi". Best to use my work email address, as I check it every day: R.Flory@iaea.org
Em nau! Rosemary (Pip)

Peter, I remembered one more name from our form: Terry Foley. I remember practically everyone, just not their names.
Regards, Rosemary, 17 Aug 2010.
Old 20-08-2010, 09:55 PM

P

More for Peter Aust and Franz:

So, Peter, the surname "Aust" is found in Austria. In fact, it probably comes from "Austria", which is commonly used here when referring to the country. (It's the short form of "Austriacus".) Do you have Austrian forebears?

Last edited by Rosemary Flory; 12-09-2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Adding text
Old 06-02-2015, 11:33 AM

keith atwell is on a distinguished road
70/71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Aust View Post
I attended PMHS in 1970/71. Does anyone know of Franz Lowenstein, Neil Davis, Eunice Beverly, Roslyn Bell, Christine Bull, Linda Williams, Greg Sommerville, Jilian Close, or any others. Would love to hear from you
I was in form 3c? 70 and 4c? 71
names I remember, jim shepherd, chris roach, tony champion, lionel scott, kevin dinsmore, patricia giles, terry foley, gersh Gallaher, david lewis, billy wood, nick and carol malpass, deb wild, sue Holman, steve davis, steve banks, ian napier, ray Hudson, brett homann, joyce wood, corinna? amd a few more. I am after form 3 and 4 photos (abc) if you know of any could put them up. would appreciate it.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:52 AM

keith atwell is on a distinguished road
I was in form 3c? and form 4c? in 70/71. names I remember, lionel scott, billy wood, alma wood, joyce wood, chris and greg roach, brett homann, jim and Geraldine shepherd, patricia giles, terry foley, deb wild, sue Holman, nick and carol malpass, gersh Gallaher, tony champion, kevin dinsmore, steve oleary, steve banks, steve davis, ian napier, ray Hudson, david Langham, jono Johnson and many more. if you or any body has class photos from form 3 (abc) and form 4 (abc) please put them up. I lost all mine in a fire. just looking to reclaim some memories