Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Living in Papua New Guinea > Port Moresby

Old 06-11-2002, 10:29 PM

Helen is on a distinguished road
Question British family wanted

British Family moving to Port Moresby Early 2003. In need of British Family living in PNG to answer all the silly questions that newcomers ask, like what nappies you can get? What should we bring with us? Can you get tweenies on the television/rented videos? etc. Thanks
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 17-11-2002, 02:39 PM

TeKuri is on a distinguished road
The prices in Port Moresby have sky rocketed, so bring as much as you can, like soap, shampoo and the like. Stuff like this is available there, but the prices are unbelievably high.
Old 13-12-2002, 07:06 PM

howard is on a distinguished road
Moving To PNG

Are you still going in 2003.If so you can get all the things you need in Port Moresby.Whilst itr is not the cheapest place in the world i would recommend you take only what you need for travelling and first day of arrival( why bog yourself down with all the extra weight)
Have a wonderful time in PNG its fantastic .If you put into the place lots of effort and energy you will never meet such wonderful people. Dont be frightened to travel around the country(obviously be careful) but whats the point in going if you dont see the place and after Dubai it will be nice to see some greenery !!
Old 03-01-2003, 02:49 PM

Club Warehouse is on a distinguished road
Hmmm. The only thing you need to bring to PNG is your favorite toothbrush and money! Everything else is available in plenty.

Now of course some people like to burden themselves while travelling and if you are like that - i suggest you bring 17 suitcases of the finest silk brocade (i need sum new curtains!) , 12 cartons of velvety satin sheets (i need sum new bedsheets too), a new pair of skis (I am travelling to Whistler, British Columbia soon).

Please dont forget an MG, 93 cases of British beer, 3965 bottles of 12 year old scotch and 37 gold bars (99.998%). All of these items will be useful at your welcoming party. The gold bars of course we will hold in trust for you in my bank account ... hmmm far can i stretch this before ... nm!

Please drop by the Club Warehouse when you arrive for a complimentary drink. Tell Ping ... oops Ting ... ooops Tyng (i knew i would get it right sooner or later... he is the manager of the niteclub by the way) that Aussie sent you.

CLUB WAREHOUSE