Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Schools in Lae > The International School of Lae

The International School of Lae TISOL or Lae International High School

Old 15-08-2005, 11:30 AM

Glenn Wainrib is on a distinguished road
Smile Lae Photography

Hi Heidi,

I don't remember your dad from the bakery days, but I think I remember him from Lae Photography 'cause all the developing of my pics was done by them. I still have the envelopes with the negatives. I'll have to dig out some old pics and post them onto the site. My wife, Caroline (Jaye) was a teacher (Prep) at LIPS and I have pics of the Haus win, classroom area's of the school and we made a VHS video of Lae as well. It takes in the town, my office (Huon Electrical),Yacht club, botanic gardens, war cemetry and of course, LIPS.
I also remember one night having an ale or three with Tony Sadgrove and Brian Marthick by the LIPS pool. All of a sudden it started teaming rain, but we were so p-ssed that we just covered our drinks to prevent the entry of water and sat in the rain for about an hour.........life was hell in the tropics!!!!!!
Old 26-10-2005, 05:45 PM

Emma 05 is on a distinguished road
Emma - at LIPS till about '89

Hey - Bertha! (bynby). I'm hoping you're the Bertha I'm thinking of. How many can there be?! I was at LIPS till about 89 (Grade 5?) I think. I'm Emma - I'm sure we were friends in school - do you remember me? Other people I remember are Shirin Vloghburg (sp?), a girl called Melanie, Angela, Amily - would love to get in touch. I remember Mrs Gamwell, and Tony Carrol - was he one of your teachers? I think you came to my birthday party once. Um, was on/near Memorial Avenue. We had a big black and white Great Dane. Would love to hear from you, and anyone else who was at LIPS then.
Old 13-12-2005, 10:33 PM

jgabuogi is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I was at LIPS in 85 to 86. My name's Jenny Gabuogi. My mates were Vivian Pasen, Elma Wari, Debbie Grylls, Mina Gware, Louise Francis (spelling???) and some other classmates were Melissa Sullivan, Caroline Henou, and were in Miss McCabes grade six class, and we used to think that Miss McCabe had the hots for Mr Marthick.

I remember travelling on a plane with Warwick Costigan a few years ago to Pom and I met him again in Pom. Don't know where he is now.

But my goodness, this is an ACE site to catch up with childhood memories.
Old 23-12-2005, 06:29 PM

sudipa is on a distinguished road
Cool aahhh the good old green bldgs that they ruined by painting them grey!!!

I was there in 90 & 91 with Mrs Eustachio in Grade 5 & 6. What was the name of the teacher who had the pet tree snake?

Sudipa
Old 13-01-2006, 12:18 AM

iroberts is on a distinguished road
My goodness, am reading all the postings and cannot beleive how strong the memories are, of growing up in Lae, PNG -even remembering first names and surnames!!

I remember Carole Saunders, but mainly from ballet. Yourself, Cindy Cruickshank, one of (or both?) the Van Der Lins (correct?) I went to LIPS from '81 to '84, then LIHS from '85 to '89.

I have fond memories of growing up in Lae, of school, of friends of teachers. I remember Mr Marthick. He's in Sydney, last I heard from the Whickers (England). I remember Tony Sadgrove. I went to school with Chris Follett, Lucy Nilan, Robyn Kero, Suzette Rayes, Gordon Manab, Kristy Thredgold, Shane Ward, Sandra Grylls, Ronaldo Socan, Leeanda McGregor, Donna Dawson, Nestine Realon, Anna Apacible (both of whom are in the Phillipines), Duane Roberts to name a few -that I can remember. I was taught by Mrs Elliott, Mrs Knucky, Mrs Ford, Mrs McIntyre, Mrs Cousins took us for French, in Grade 6.

Remember, before the pool was builty, the big old buses... similar to the big green Igam Barracks bus - there was a pink daisy bus too. The buses used to enter from the back entrance, drop us off, and leave out the front entrance...... I lived at Unitech, where my father lectured, along with the Bradridges, Smiths, Chans, Seldens, Middletons, Whippys, Nacino's, Afenya's, Thredgolds, Brodies, Somers, Joanne Coleman, etc....

I hope more people add to this site... it's like reading a book of yesteryear and capturing a part of our youth....

Old 08-08-2006, 10:31 PM

Arania is on a distinguished road
Smile Great times

Hello to all the gang that went to Lips in the late 80's when it became TISOL

Last edited by Arania; 08-08-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:12 PM

Arania is on a distinguished road
Iroberts if you did Ballet do you remember your teacher? Mine was Mrs Duncon first and I think Cindy was in my class with Tammy Sinclair (spelling???)
Old 10-02-2007, 12:53 AM

simonlura is on a distinguished road
who was in mrs eustachios class, grade 5E in 1991?
this is simon lura
does anybody remember ivan?iven? something like that. people i remember - francis,daniel gamwell, craig madison?, vashti, samantha wailes, stephen lanfranco, rebecca something, dee richardson....
Old 09-03-2007, 10:35 AM

pngpukpuk91 is on a distinguished road
Hey all you ex-LIPS persons. Just a quick note re: Tony Sadgrove. Mr. Sadgrove suffered a huge stroke around the beginning of 2006 and is paralysed down one side of his body. I think he still lives on Vee Street with his sons Alex and Noel and their families. I went to school between 81 -85 with his oldest son Christopher who is now in Sydney...my name is Geoff Ila
Old 10-03-2007, 09:31 AM

Carole is on a distinguished road
MR Sadgrove

What horrible news. My heart goes out to Mr Sadgrove and his family. Is there anywhere we can all post messages to him?

Carole Saunders