Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > Travel & Tourism Discussion

Travel & Tourism Discussion You are welcome to post questions, stories or experience travelling in Papua New Guinea.

Old 20-11-2003, 08:20 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Attention ANYONE from NIP Prov - Information on New Ireland

Subject: PNG Business Directory Feedback - Information on New Ireland

email: cljh@online.net.pg
Company: VSA

To be contacted by: E-Mail

Hello, there.

I wonder if you could help me since I'm desperate for information on travelling New Ireland. I have tried to contact details for the New Ireland Tourist Bureau, but neither their email nor phone seems to operate currently.

My name is Cecille Lee, and I am a NZ VSA volunteer working currently at Buka, Bougainville. Myself and my partner (Jonny Horrox) are hoping to cycle tour New Ireland around Christmas time- we are considering the time between mid Dec 03 to late Jan 04 and we will have about 3 weeks to spend in New Ireland. Our interests include: cycling, and diving and hiking. I would really appreciate it if you could help me with some information such as:

1. Cycling - we want to hire bicycles and cycle for 5-7 days. We are more interested in doing our own things at our own time but can also consider tour options. Is it possible to hire bicycles in ether Kavieng or Namatane? If you have any information about cycling the Bullaminski, I would really appreciate it, specially what cost it involves.

2. Accommodation - we're both volunteers and our budget is rather tight. We are hoping to stay in cheapish accommodations. We can speak Pidgin and keen to stay with local people if such option is available. If you could recommend any places (around Kavieng and along the Bullaminski) and price range per night per person (in kina), it would be really great.

3. Diving - if you have any information about diving please let me know.

As I said before, we don't have a big pool of fund- we don't mind 'roughing it' if it means the cheaper option (specially accommodation).

Thank you very much for your help. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Cecille Lee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kavieng-beach.jpg (43.6 KB, 235 views)
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 20-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Hello Cecille

We would suggest you contact Mr John Mcleod - Chairman of the NITB (he is also manager of Malagan Lodge).

We note your tight budget and preferred itinerary and believe your requirements are easily available subject to proper contacts provided.

You may be aware that the Melborne Grammar School visit New Ireland Province, annually having only returned last month and cycle Kavieng & Namatanai on budget accommadation.

We suggest you contact Dietmar at : info@lissenung.com as they provide an excellent diving experience.

regards

Janet Korokoro
A/Second Secretary
Office of the Governor