Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Living in Papua New Guinea > Lae

Old 10-04-2005, 10:05 PM

Larian is on a distinguished road
Hi Chris,

I thought it was Peta. Her and I were good friends for years, Was Phillipa younger or older?. My memory isnt to good. There is a lot to try and remember but dam good years
Old 11-04-2005, 12:55 AM

Chris Byrne is on a distinguished road
Hi Larian, Very sorry to read about your Mum.

I think Philippa was older than Peta, but I could be wrong.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:09 AM

Lesley Hawken is on a distinguished road
Hi there
Philippa is older than Peta - she was in my year at school. They had two older brothers - Graeme and Grant. Do you keep in touch with Ian Hendricks - he also my era? Lesley
Old 12-04-2005, 01:39 AM

Chris Byrne is on a distinguished road
Ian Hendricks

I was born 1953, so more Larian's and Philippa's vintage. My mum and Ian's were friends, doubt Ian would remember me or my mum.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:09 PM

BZAV is on a distinguished road
Hi Chris, Ian does remember you as I passed on your email to him. We both live in the Toowoomba area and I see quite a bit of him and his child bride and kids. Regards
Brian Zav
Old 12-04-2005, 02:25 PM

Hi Lesley, thanks for letting Graham know about the sight. If he or anyone would prefer to email me direct just email bezav@smartchat.net.au
Also passed your email onto Ian who was also happy to hear of old friends again I find it a bit of a buzz after all these years to find out where some of us have ended up.
If anyone is heading up this way at any time please don't hesitate to get in contact as it would be great to catch up again. Caught up with Judy Marshall last year on the Gold coast PNG reunion, she is now living back in Aust. All the best for now
Brian Zav
Old 12-04-2005, 02:38 PM

Hi Larian, I don't think we have met.I was talking to Steve just prior to him returning to his job overseas. I was interested in importing coffee from NG, but have gone a bit cold on the idea after looking around the Coast and Brisbane. To much competition. I don't like a level playing field. Last Saturday 2nd April my wife, Evelyne, and myself called into the shop, but you were not there. We just love Malaney and the surounding
area. Ev's sister lives in Nambour so we are bound to come thru that way again in the not so distant future. I will try again next time and drop in again, if you don't mind.
Kind Regards Brian Zavattaro
Old 12-04-2005, 04:22 PM

Lesley Hawken is on a distinguished road
Brian

Do you have an email address and I will forward some photos taken at Lae airport c.1963. Lesley
Old 12-04-2005, 10:13 PM

thank you chris for the condolences, much appreciated.

Gee brian would have love to have seen you maybe next time you come through. my email is crazyartist48@hotmail.com when u know. Yes everyone is doing coffee. Glad u went to the restraunt the coffee you get there and tea is all new guinea.Sheree Stevens fiancee is running it while he is in Iraq. The people of Maleny are liking the ambiance and the tea and coffee. The paintings in there are mine, I am keeping it to a NewGuinea theme.It helps being a artist to do this.I knew some Zavattaro in Lae but can't think who it was do u have brothers.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:16 PM

can't say I remember Ian Hendricks but knowing my brain i probably do hehehe. If I saw a photo of what he looked like I might