Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > Travel & Tourism Discussion

Travel & Tourism Discussion You are welcome to post questions, stories or experience travelling in Papua New Guinea.

Old 23-05-2006, 10:58 AM

bueffeljaeger is on a distinguished road
Tour around PNG

Hi Mates,

Me and my buddy are on a one year trip around new zealand an australia and also whant to go to png for two month. At the moment i am sitting in cairns and plan to get a lift to port moresby via a privat boat or something like that to save the money of the flight. But i don't know if we'll have luck.

From Port Moresby we'll fly to Madang and then via PMV to Goroka, Mt. Hagen up to Lake Kopiago. From there i'll try to walk via a trekking route to Ambunti but i have no idea if that is possible. From Ambunti we'll go to wewak and than fly back to Port Moresby. Thats the idea :-)

We plan about staying there for 2 Month but some weeks more or less are no problem. What do you think about the route and how about the trekking part ... please give me any feedback if possible!!!!

More details of our trip:
www.8ung.at/mmax

Thanks,
Max
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 09-06-2006, 02:34 PM

mangi tolai is on a distinguished road
Hi Max,

I am a PG tour operator and tour leader and I can offer you a suggested itinerary to include the places in PNG that you want to cover. The 2 month travel time sounds about right but we need to plan it out in detail. If interested, I will help you plan this tour to PNG.

Many thanks.

Steven Mago
PNG Experience Tours
Old 18-06-2006, 12:14 PM

bueffeljaeger is on a distinguished road
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your offer but we are on a low budget and whant to do your tour on ourself as much as possible. Two reasons we can't take guide. I know there are situations you need a guide and i'm sure we'll take one if necesarry but a guide fore the hole tour is just too much.

Max
Old 21-10-2016, 10:06 PM

djoe0635 is on a distinguished road
This would be one of those activities that i am sure can be kept as the outcome of what i have seen.
So far it can all be experienced and for us to explore the right way is how it goes.