Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > The Journey to Paradise > Lae and The Morobe Province

Old 03-10-2002, 01:27 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Bundum Conference Centre

Located en route to Mumeng along the Wau- Bulolo road about 50 minutes drive from Lae is the Bundum Conference Centre. This is a Lutheran Church run centre that has accommodation and conference facilities to cater for church groups, businesses, NGOs and government groups.

Houses are traditionally built but they are fitted with the modern comfort of solar lights. Rooms are fitted with double bunk beds and single beds. The centre also serves as an example of an Eco-tourism centre in the province. Meals are provided with most of the produce coming from the centre's own gardens. This centre can accommodate up to 150 guests.

Phone: 474 9393
Fax: 474 9342
Old 03-10-2002, 01:28 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

Teptep Guest House

This is a remarkable rural getaway for adventurers and nature lovers. Located in Teptep Village near the border of the Morobe and Madang Provinces, it represents a unique portion of Morobe's diverse cultural heritage. The guest house is constructed from local building materials and encompasses traditional Teptep architectural design.

The facility offers dormitory type bunks with sheets and blankets provided. Catering can be provided upon request and local area tours and singsings (dances) can be organised at a cost. Features around the Teptep area include trekking, village life, Teptep culture, lakes and orchid sighting.

Teptep has climatic conditions similar to the Highlands of PNG and temperatures can drop considerably - pack warm clothing and jumpers. Fruits and vegetables such as strawberries, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower are found at Teptep.

Travel to Teptep by MAF from Nadzab 30-minute flight.
Call their Lae Offices for fares and destinations. Contact the MAF Lae office on Ph: (675) 472 1555 Fax: (675) 472 0397, P.O. Box 1889 or Nadzab Airport Ph: (675) 472 3840

C/- Yus Local Level Government Council
P.O. Box 4179, LAE 411. Morobe Province, PNG
2 Way Radio: Call Sign PTC = PAPA 2 DELTA 377
(Yus LLGC Officer)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg teptep.jpg (10.9 KB, 330 views)
Old 03-10-2002, 01:29 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

Ramu Guesthouse

Located within the ground of the Ramu Sugar Limited. It enjoys views of the great Ramu valley and its grassland plains. The guesthouse caters for company guests and also outside visitors when rooms are available. The Guesthouse offers modern standard rooms with affordable rates.

The Human Resources Manager
Ramu Sugar Ltd
P.O. Box 2183, Lae
PH: 474 3299/ 474 3259 Fax 474 3295
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ramu.jpg (8.0 KB, 328 views)
Old 03-10-2002, 01:30 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

Leron Plains Village Guesthouse

Situated high on the grassland plains above Leron River gorges, this guest house offers village-type accommodation and is also suitable for camping groups from churches, NGOs, as well as government and private organisations.

Access is by a 3 hour 4WD trip from Lae followed by a one and a half hour trek to the guest house. It is recommended for those who prefer hard adventure trekking and hiking.

Bird watching and rubber rafting are some of the activities that can be arranged. It is also recommended that you bring your own food and water supply, although local food is available at the guest house.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg leron.jpg (7.3 KB, 327 views)
Old 03-10-2002, 01:51 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

Morobe Tourism Bureau

If you have any further inquiries on any of the content featured in this web site, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly staff:

Email us direct: lcci@global.net.pg

postal address:

P.O. Box 475, Lae, Morobe Province
Papua New Guinea, 411

Phone: (675) 472 7823
Fax: (675) 472 6038

Our Office is located on 2nd Street, IPI building, Top-Town, Lae.(right next door to the Lae Chamber of Commerce).
Old 28-12-2004, 03:29 AM

chrismoxley is on a distinguished road
Smile I was there in 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie
Just ten minutes walk from Buki Wharf, overlooking the beautiful Dregerhafen Harbour and its chain of islands, is the Dregerhafen High School Lodge. The backpacker facilities include 4 rooms with fans and one with airconditioning. Rooms are suitable for 2-3 people. Communal facilities are provided and the lounge room has a television set with the EMTV (local) channel only.

Visitors should bring their own food, as all cooking facilities are provided. The school vehicle can be arranged to take visitors to Gagidu Station and the popular Butaweng Falls for a cool swim and local boats can also be arranged for a tour of Tami Island and Malasiga.

Phone / Fax: 474 7050
I am delighted to find that Dreger Lodge, as we called it, is still open. I was a teacher at the school from 1976 to 1978. When I arrived, there were just the concrete floors laid for three, or was it four, huts. Mike Cooke, deputy head, had a portable chain-saw and produced timber from a tree that had come down near his house. Under the supervision of Tau Rabona (Headmaster), the boys and I, together with some other teachers, built the frames and lined the walls. I wonder if the septic tank survived: it was unorthodox, because the hole that had been dug was too big for the "kit" that we borrowed from the trade-store in Gagidu for concreting. Eventually the roofs were on and the electrics hooked up. There were no fans and certainly no air-conditioning in those days; and, of course, no televison, because PNG did not have it at that time. Ann Goldflam was the teacher in charge of tourist bookings, and we started to get an income for the school. This was badly needed to supplement the K100 school-fees that students paid.

I hope I'll come back one day and see it again.

Chris Moxley