Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates

School Mates Catch up with your school mates from PNG. TISOL, POMIS, RIS, POM Grammar, Bulae, and a lot more!

Old 07-09-2002, 04:42 AM

biggaz is on a distinguished road
Cool Tabubil International High School

Name: Gary Pettinger.

I spent 1984 in Tabubil. I did year 11 at Tabubil Int High. The inaugural year. Friends included Wendy and Jason Roberts, Wade and Erica Ruda, Leslie Lowe etc. Mr Bowling from New Zealand was our supervisor. Anyone there during that year or know anyone who was please leave a message. This is an excellent sight. My sister Sarah-Jane was in year 5 at the time.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 14-03-2004, 06:59 AM

possum is on a distinguished road
Tabubil international high school 1987, 1988.

Hi Gary.

Its been a long time since your post so heres hoping your still out there.

I spent some time in Tabubil and was at the high school in 1987 - 1988.

Mr Marsh was the principle and taught maths and science, his wife Mrs Marsh taught english and Mrs Ward taught history and geography.

There was a Mr George ?? who taught woodwork and physical education too.

Students at the time included Louise Arcus, Stephanie Eagle, Kone Kone, Tim Haina, Stephen Law, Clinton ???, Jason Madjerick.

There were a few others who do not come to mind.

Do any of these names ring a bell?

If there are any 'pioneers' out there from Tabubil International High School it would be nice to hear from you.
Old 14-03-2004, 07:00 AM

possum is on a distinguished road
It was a Mr. George Bignell that taught woodwork.

Funny how these things come to mind after you submit a post!!!
Old 30-12-2006, 10:53 PM

dweybury is on a distinguished road
Hey Gary
We can only hope you get this ... me and my sister spent time in Tabubil from 1984 - 1986. Shivaun knows wade and erica, and had Mr. Bowling as a teacher. I knew Konie Konie, Stephanie Eagle, and kylie Marshal (my name is Damon Weybury). it would be cool to hear from you

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggaz
Name: Gary Pettinger.

I spent 1984 in Tabubil. I did year 11 at Tabubil Int High. The inaugural year. Friends included Wendy and Jason Roberts, Wade and Erica Ruda, Leslie Lowe etc. Mr Bowling from New Zealand was our supervisor. Anyone there during that year or know anyone who was please leave a message. This is an excellent sight. My sister Sarah-Jane was in year 5 at the time.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:58 AM

aliasd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by possum
If there are any 'pioneers' out there from Tabubil International High School it would be nice to hear from you.
I remember when the highschool got shut down. I had to go to boarding school in Brisbane
Old 11-05-2007, 06:25 AM

mac74 is on a distinguished road
Hi Damon,

Remember me - Thelma Wallace. I was in Tabubil from 83 - 86. We were in the same grade and at one stage shared a table with Stefani Eagle (who was my best friend at the time) and Joe Darcy. That was in Gr 5 - I can't recall our teacher's name, too long ago.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac74
Hi Damon,

Remember me - Thelma Wallace. I was in Tabubil from 83 - 86. We were in the same grade and at one stage shared a table with Stefani Eagle (who was my best friend at the time) and Joe Darcy. That was in Gr 5 - I can't recall our teacher's name, too long ago.
Hey Thelma
Wow ... its a trip to hear from you, I didn't really think I was gonna get a reply. me and sis just got to thinking about Tabubil one night and wondered if it had had the same effect on others as it had on us.
I think our teacher at that point was Mrs. Azgil (sic? - we used to call her Mrs. 'A'). If not her Mr. Towers or Mr. Rae.
I remember Joe Darcy used to throw awsome parties!
Did you manage to stay in contact with others? We stayed in contact with the Baylis' (Julia and Karen), Wades (Rebecca and Catherine) and Adam Ichbalaan (sic) - you might remember his sister Sara.
Old 30-06-2007, 12:04 AM

Hi Damon,

I don't remember your sister but do remember your mum! I also remember all the "disco's" and parties we went to, although the adults parties were the best! All the kids would run wild and have a ball (those days kids roamed the town freely - I remember getting stuck on a cliff with Cindy Lewis, we stole some cigarettes and went bush to smoke them!). Do you remember Linda Atkinson? I am still friends with her - she lives in Townsville, married with a baby. Also still in touch with the Tull's - Virginia and Barry (their kids are Danielle and Ben). Cindy and Sharon Lewis are in Cairns. I remember I had the biggest crush on Adam Lukey (as did Stefani and a heap of other girls)! Lost touch with Stef after we started high school. I think she is in Brisbane? I did hear that her brother passed away which is awful. I remember him so clearly.
Old 30-06-2007, 12:07 AM

Hi Gary,

I remember Sarah-Jane - I was friend's with her at the time.How is she and what is she up to these days?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:20 PM

Hey Thelma
I remember Linda; I have a photo with you, Linda, Stef,Adam, and Dan Short in it. It was taken during the "drunken sailor" pantomime our class put on ** the gazebo ... I was the drunken sailor. If I remember correctly I nearly knocked Linda over with my drunken swaggering.
I used to love Sunday brunch ** the Gazebo, as well as the whole "Hash house harrier" thing. I remember the name Cindy Lewis but can't put a face to it (I'll probably kick myself when you describe her) ... was she in our grade? I used to live next door to Adam and Troy (we were best m**es along with Dan). My sister had a crush on Troy ... I remember one time she brought some smoke bombs home from boarding school (Ballar** has the best joke shop), and the only person she would let light one was Troy. Adam and i were quite distressed by this
Th**'s horrible news about Nicholas, I remember him clearly also.