Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 PM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
8 x 9 - No Future For You Part IV:
Excellent conclusion to No Future For You.
Starts off nicely with a flashback between Faith and the Mayor. This shows how far Faith has gone since then.
It is nicely executed on how the main plot with Faith's mission on Genevieve was concluded and it eventually ends with an intriguing and ominous coda.
Old 21-08-2012, 08:00 PM

8 x 10 – Anywhere But Here-
Written by Joss Whedon.
Finally we get some background information about Dawn’s ex-boyfriend Kenny.
The episode title refers to a game played by Buffy and Willow in which they detailed their personal fantasies.
The revelations that comes out of this game has certainly put a test to their friendship and Whedon has done well in implementing this test.
Old 22-08-2012, 06:05 PM

Buffy was again referenced in The Vampire Diaries this time in 3.18 The Murder of One when Caroline alluded to Rebekah as Buffy. Caroline is played by Candice Accola who is a fan of the original Buffy film but never watched the TV series and had expressed an interest in working on the planned Buffy remake film.
The last that was heard about the Buffy remake movie was in December 2011 when it was revealed that a new writer was being sought after the rejection of the script by Whit Anderson. There have been no further developments since then.
Old 31-08-2012, 12:51 PM

Anywhere But Here:
Anywhere But Here has Xander asking Dawn if she knew who the first guy that Buffy slept with in college in which she incorrectly answered Riley. It was here that for the DVD trivia notes the following note appeared:
“Buffy lost her virginity to Angel”

However this is misleading as Buffy lost her virginity to Angel before college and Xander asked the first person she slept with in college and the correct answer is Parker.

Another note stated:
“Over the course of the series, Willow was never romantically involved with Angel.” This note is irrelevant as Angel was not mentioned in Anywhere But Here and bizarre why this was even brought up.

Recently started watching Todd and The Book of Pure Evil and this show is very Buffy-esque. There have been other shows that have been given the Buffy description but Todd and The Book of Pure Evil definitely fits in the Buffy description due to it having a bunch of high school kids battling supernatural forces and instead of a Giles-like figure it has an anti-Giles in the form of the evil school counselor.

The most recent Todd and The Book of Pure Evil episode that I saw was 1.4 Gay Day which seems very similar to Buffy 2.16 Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 AM

8 x 11 - A Beautiful Sunset:
Interesting on how Buffy responded to Satsu’s feelings towards whilst fighting off vampires no less.
Also interesting on how Buffy gets to meet Twilight here.
We get a glimpse of Twilight’s face when he removed a bit of his mask for a scratch but frustratingly not a full-on revelation of his face.
A thought-provoking scene when Buffy what difference the Scoobies have made and quite good the answer that Xander provided.
Old 19-09-2012, 04:21 PM

8 x 12 - Wolves at the Gate Part 1:
Like the recent Doctor Who season 37 episode Dinosaurs On A Spaceship, Wolves at the Gate is exactly what it says in the thread title involving a species of animals.
Just as the wolves form the backdrop in the first episode of this story, there is an extremely funny moment concerning something that Buffy and Satsu did together and wanting to keep it a secret only for a lot of their friends to find out by accident.
Quite a surprise on who turned up at the end someone who has appeared on Buffy someone who has gained legendary stature long before there was a Buffy.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:16 PM

8 x 13 – Wolves at the Gate Part II:
No wolves appeared here.
Xander is reunited with Dracula here and a bit amusing what Dracula was doing prior to Xander’s arrival.
Although it is derogatory, it was funny what Dracula called Renee.
Intriguing revelation about Japanese vampires and what a shocking end for one of the slayers.
Old 30-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Wolves at the Gate Part III:
In Part III of Wolves at the Gate, Dracula says he uses a coffin.
This is in contrast to what Angel said in Angel 1.10 that vampires don’t sleep in coffins. Vampires sleeping in coffins he said was a misconception made popular by hack writers and ignorant media.
Therefore a possible explanation why Dracula sleeps in a coffin whereas other vampires don’t is probably he tried the idea of coffin sleeping, liked it and continue in doing it.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:28 PM

8 x 15 - Wolves at the Gate Part IV:
Very good conclusion to this story which included a very good battle between the slayers and vampires.
Eerie hearing Renee’s last thoughts before she died.
Ooh what a battle between Dawn and her mecha self.
Quite awkward topic of conversation between Buffy and Willow after landing in the pool that broke their fall.
Quite good of Dracula to give Xander the chance to execute Toru for him killing Renee. For season 8 Xander is voiced by Daniel Taylor but I think that original actor Nicholas Brendon would definitely have enjoyed doing this scene and when Xander was very firm on Dracula afterwards.
Old 24-11-2012, 04:22 PM

8 x 16 – Time of Your Life Part I:
Written by Joss Whedon.
The surprising aspect of this story is that it turned out to be a crossover with the spin-off graphic novel Fray as Buffy travels into the future to meet the future’s slayer Melaka Fray. It seemed inconceivable now that the story title gave a clue of it being a time travel story.
With season 8 originally a comic book series before being adapted as motion comics it seemed inevitable that Joss Whedon would have Fray crossover with Buffy in its new format as I don’t know whether it was ever likely that such a crossover would have taken place if Buffy had continued as a live-action TV series.
Am now keen to see what is going to happen in the rest of the story as a result of this meeting between Buffy and Fray.
Now for the other aspects of this opening episode of this story – quite unexpected although I should have guess its inevitability the appearance of Kennedy here and Dawn being back to normal size but that is only the good news. The bad news for Dawn is that she is now a centaur!

Saw the TV movie Operation Cupcake which saw original Buffy, Kristy Swanson being married to Dean Cain who had played Clark Kent/Superman in the Lois & Clark TV series.
One has to wonder whether the casting of Dean Cain and Kristy Swanson as husband and wife in Operation Cupcake may have been influence by someone who had seen and remembered the Buffy season 3 episode Helpless in which Buffy (even though the TV series Buffy was played by Sarah Michelle Gellar and not Kristy Swanson) had lost her powers. This led to Xander to bring up Lois and Clark as he talked about the time that the Dean Cain Superman behaved rather oddly in the presence of red Kryptonite. This line of thought ended when Buffy told the gang to get back to reality.
Although Operation Cupcake didn’t exactly have a reference to Buffy, a teenage character did say about going to see a vampire movie. A nod to Kristy Swanson’s vampire slaying past perhaps and notwithstanding vampire movies being popular with young people thanks to Twilight, a popularity of which from my standpoint that Buffy was never able to match.