Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Schools in Lae > The International School of Lae

The International School of Lae TISOL or Lae International High School

Old 10-12-2002, 04:30 PM

pizza is on a distinguished road
Pre independence students

I am interested in hearing from anyone who was a student at Lae High School from 1969 to 1972

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 04-02-2003, 08:30 PM

gsarkozy is on a distinguished road
hi i went to Lae High in 1974
geza sarkozy
Dad was a Doctor in Lae
we lived near th Round water, two doors down from the golf club
one of my friends(Pelgens) married Sir Chans daughter
chef23461@hotmail.com
Old 21-05-2004, 12:53 AM

Glennis Korsman is on a distinguished road
hi this is glennis korsman and we lived in dysox street and before that lived in parer street my dad was with TAA as a pilot
Old 30-05-2004, 06:57 PM

Di Wellington is on a distinguished road
Smile Pre independence Lae High

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza
I am interested in hearing from anyone who was a student at Lae High School from 1969 to 1972
I attended Lae High in 1973 and am in contact with Terry Thompson who was at Lae High in 1972. Do you remember Terry?
Old 06-09-2004, 11:53 PM

Cdurman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hi- My brother and I went to Lae High - Peter came down from Tusbab,and went into Year One I think, I had a year at the Primary A, and then into High for Form 1 and 2. I think Mr FLute was the HM, remeber a few others as well. Dad was the ANZ Manager in Lae (before that Madang, and prior to that Mt Hagen for a bit as well). I had been back on contract to PNG in the mid 80's, and then again 1992 for another 5 years- Cheers ! Chris Durman cdurman@commercialcapital.com.au
Old 20-10-2004, 03:47 PM

Rob_Thomson is on a distinguished road
Cool Lae High School 1969-1970

I was at Lae High in 1969-1970 (Years 9 & 10). Dad was the Headmaster at Bulae Primary next door (Allan Thomson). My sister Meg was in Year 7 & 8 during the same time. I was with John Manaus (local - well, ex-Wewak area, boarded at Sallies Hostel). If anyone remembers me I'd love to catch up with you! Best times in Lae. Fantastic experience and still reasonably fresh in the old memory banks. I was there when we had that sweet honey of a teacher for Maths (big boobs!) who ended up having a liason with the guy who had a mini - I think his name was Willy (appropriately!). I'm a bit vague on names but it was so much fun living in Lae at the time. Going through the photos on the forum has brought back so many memories - I remember the Soul Survivors! I'd forgotten all about them till I read about them on the forum!! We used to live in the last flats next to Markham Road (under the flight path for the airstrip) next to the Golf Club. Had a huge yard. As someone else said living in PNG back then was a huge priviledge and certainly had a part in our overall development.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:59 AM

Maz is on a distinguished road
Lae High School

Hi, I attended Lae High School 1969 - 1974, Marianne De La Motte, the teacher with the big boobs was Pam Shryver, and the guy in the mini was Walter, we had many drives around Lae in that blue mini, I think his surname was Shultz. Cheers to all
Old 12-09-2010, 03:22 PM

Rod Blackwell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Thomson View Post
I was at Lae High in 1969-1970 (Years 9 & 10). Dad was the Headmaster at Bulae Primary next door (Allan Thomson). My sister Meg was in Year 7 & 8 during the same time. I was with John Manaus (local - well, ex-Wewak area, boarded at Sallies Hostel). If anyone remembers me I'd love to catch up with you! Best times in Lae. Fantastic experience and still reasonably fresh in the old memory banks. I was there when we had that sweet honey of a teacher for Maths (big boobs!) who ended up having a liason with the guy who had a mini - I think his name was Willy (appropriately!). I'm a bit vague on names but it was so much fun living in Lae at the time. Going through the photos on the forum has brought back so many memories - I remember the Soul Survivors! I'd forgotten all about them till I read about them on the forum!! We used to live in the last flats next to Markham Road (under the flight path for the airstrip) next to the Golf Club. Had a huge yard. As someone else said living in PNG back then was a huge priviledge and certainly had a part in our overall development.
HI John

I went to Lae High School 1970, 71 and 72( Form 4). I agree that living in PNG in those days was a privilege. we have kids in our class from many different countries and i have fond memories.

Rgds

Rod Blackwell
Old 12-09-2010, 03:23 PM

Rod Blackwell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza View Post
Hi

I went to Lae High in 1970, 71, 72.

Cheers

Rod Blackwell
Old 29-09-2010, 12:24 AM

Sode is on a distinguished road
Hi - I was at Lae High 69-71. Some of the best days of my life. I remember well the Dutch math teacher - lots of fun and the NZ headmaster mr Flute who taught about the semi-colon in Science then of course there were the good times at the Cecil pool... I remember, a Steve and Wayne along with a German kid Roger don't know what happened to any of them.
Anyone recall the looks on Mrs Duncan's face when we brought CCR music to class!
Philip