Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Goroka International

Old 28-03-2006, 12:16 AM

Boonstik is on a distinguished road
Arrow 2007 REUNION - long lost Goroka friends of the 70's & 80's

I looking for any long lost pals who went to Goroka Int Primary School from the late 70's and Pinewoods from mid 80's. I have been in touch with Nikola & Neil Ellery, David Troon, Judy Carlyon and Kate Palmer in recent years. Nikola & I are trying to put a GOROKA REUNION together for September 2007. Please give us an email and spread the word...... (tba new email address)...... we would love to catch up and fill in the past 20 years. Nikola and I have spoken only about 4 times since 1986 and I flew to Cairns on 3 Feb (last month)...WOW it was fantastic to catch up!! We even ran into Mrs Shelley (remember Lewis & Sarah) in the shops in Cairns. They still live in Goroka! How unreal!!
Hope to hear from anyone & everyone soon......kids (us), parents and our teachers........Apinoon wontoks....Alison Morgan (Boonstik) :-)

Last edited by Boonstik; 14-04-2006 at 12:31 AM. Reason: New email from 16 Apr
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 28-03-2006, 02:56 AM

psychedfred is on a distinguished road
Hi Everyone!

Good to hear from some of the long-lost GIPS classmates. A reunion would be interesting and pretty amazing. I got an email a year or so ago from a relative of Mrs. Fredericks (her daughter Shelley was a few years ahead of us) who was my second and third grade teacher. Anyway, I hope all of you are doing well and that we can get together in 2007!

Cheers!

Fred Peipman
Old 02-04-2006, 08:16 PM

jaye-jaye is on a distinguished road
Gorokans

Hi all,

I'm not sure if you remember me, i'm the youngest brother of the late Cristina Mortel who used to go to Pinewoods.

Nikola, Allan Ellery were our classmates also in Kundiawa Internation Primary School.

I could remember Tracy Roser, Matthew Roser and a few others.. please keep in touch with me johnnymortel@yahoo.com so I could help and assist making your Sept 2007 Reunion a meaningful once as I'm in Port Moresby and still also live in our beloved town of Goroka.

Cheers,

Jaye-jaye
Old 03-04-2006, 02:19 AM

jaye-jaye is on a distinguished road
Hi Mrs Frederick, Mrs Anne Brocks, Mr Tricket sigh *

Fred,
When u mentioned Mrs Frederick, it just flush down memory lane to our excellent mentors (of who we are today, with out them.. they were our second parents), Mr Denholm, Mrs Sparkes

Anyway, wherever u all are, Thank you for the most wonderful gift of yourselves to us...

Jaye-jaye

Johnny Mortel

Nb: All pls visit http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/goroka-wantoks to keep in touch with others if you may....

Thanks,,,,,
Ex Gorokan-Kokomo (hehe)

Last edited by jaye-jaye; 03-04-2006 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Add Address for yahoo groups
Old 03-04-2006, 09:46 AM

dan mahinay is on a distinguished road
glad to hear from all the gorokans!!! daniel mahinay here....brother of judith mahinay. mr denholm was our principal then and i think mr johnson was our 5th and 6th grade teacher. Judy carlyn was in my class as well as alex distor and arnold centeno. the other names im slowly remembering. Andrew Beni, Junior Wild....Troon who lived right across from me, riding his bike when all were asleep ehehehe...those were the days. And i would love to visit GKA again, and see everyone.....I"m spreading the word as we speak.....dan
Old 14-07-2006, 10:47 AM

Thomo is on a distinguished road
Hi Alison,

I remember you... I'm Shane Thompson (Thomo), and I use to ride BMX in Goroka with Neil & Troony. Are you planning a 2007 reunion?

Shane
Old 21-08-2006, 12:34 PM

Piccaninny is on a distinguished road
Hi Alison
Nardja here, what grades/year were you in at GIPS. I recall your name. I was in grade 4 1982 then left for Brisbane, Australia. I use to hang out with Joanna Gee, Bindi Goodman, Lisa ???? and were good friends with the Armstrong girls. (Vicky, Cathy & Michelle)
Old 21-08-2006, 12:47 PM

Piccaninny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonstik
I looking for any long lost pals who went to Goroka Int Primary School from the late 70's and Pinewoods from mid 80's. I have been in touch with Nikola & Neil Ellery, David Troon, Judy Carlyon and Kate Palmer in recent years. Nikola & I are trying to put a GOROKA REUNION together for September 2007. Please give us an email and spread the word...... (tba new email address)...... we would love to catch up and fill in the past 20 years. Nikola and I have spoken only about 4 times since 1986 and I flew to Cairns on 3 Feb (last month)...WOW it was fantastic to catch up!! We even ran into Mrs Shelley (remember Lewis & Sarah) in the shops in Cairns. They still live in Goroka! How unreal!!
Hope to hear from anyone & everyone soon......kids (us), parents and our teachers........Apinoon wontoks....Alison Morgan (Boonstik) :-)
Hi Alison
Is this the same reunion that Lisa is organising in Sep 07 as I've replied to Lisa by email. I'm currently getting the tongues wagging amongst my parents network for their childrens contact details.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:31 PM

Dion is on a distinguished road
A reunion sounds like a great idea, I'll be there!!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:45 PM

NZJACE is on a distinguished road
Wow, this is truly amazing. I was at GIPS from 78-82 (6-10yrs old) and was in class with Paula Denholm, Phillip Makarai and.... I have all the cheesy school pix. I should post them up, I think I even have names.

Other names I can remember right now are... Holly Tuckerman, George Anderson, Scott Russell, Chris and Nicole Bennett, Angela Russell, Tigana Payne Tracy and Tania Black, Eggleton Girls, Price girls Katie, Aimee and Jemima phew and sooo many more.

I went back to visit Goroka and the school in 1995 while I was fishing at Lae. It was just the same only alot smaller (funny that). It really is a pity that the country has gone downhill since the good old days. I went back again in 2002 and it was even worse...nothing like trying to get to sleep with gunfights over the fence.. To think I used to walk to school, you wouldn't do it now that's for sure.

Hope to contact someone I know,

Jason Carter (younger sis - Elizabeth)