Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > Travel & Tourism Discussion

Travel & Tourism Discussion You are welcome to post questions, stories or experience travelling in Papua New Guinea.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:47 PM

harrypohani is on a distinguished road
Opening a travel Agency In Port Moresby.

Hello.

My wife and I have just moved to PNG. My wife would like to start her own travel agency. We have submitted an application in the Investment Promotion Authority(IPA) to register a business. Can anyone help us if we need to fulfill any other requirements such as IATA registration and the local tourism board requirements??? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 04-12-2012, 02:37 PM

olova lmareva is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypohani View Post
Hello.

My wife and I have just moved to PNG. My wife would like to start her own travel agency. We have submitted an application in the Investment Promotion Authority(IPA) to register a business. Can anyone help us if we need to fulfill any other requirements such as IATA registration and the local tourism board requirements??? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Thanks, I am also dreaming of starting a travel agent searching for information and came across one of travel agent general manager who advised that before you are registered to operate a travel agent you have to get these requirements fulfilled 1. Have K50000 capital in bank acc, 2. standard office space and a active internet connection to get certified by IATA ( international Airline transportation Association). I am not sure where to get the IATA officers to inspect your office.
Old 20-02-2016, 02:53 AM

traveluandme123 is on a distinguished road
I'm working as a Manager of a Travel Agency in Vietnam. Our website is at http://tamtours.vn/fr. We have Indochina tours for tourists all over the world.

After being in this market for 2 years, i have some experiences for you guys:

1. It's no need to rent a big office for your new company.
2. You should build a website with booking feature
3. You do marketing for your business both in traditional ways and modern ways (through your website)
4. You should hire employees (How many? It depends on you)
5. Always think about how to make money with your current services. Do you need operate new services to get lead?

...and many things else

It's not easy and Good luck to your business!
Old 29-07-2016, 06:52 PM

tracysimons is on a distinguished road
My friend has also decided to open vehicle shipping or transportation firm like some of the reputed one, for which you can click here, for travelers, so that if they require car or bikes for their independent travelling, then his agency would ship them the required vehicle to the place of their destination.

Last edited by tracysimons; 30-07-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 28-09-2016, 10:30 PM

djoe0635 is on a distinguished road
That would be pretty awesome because generally experiencing things that i am sure would be helpful for us in many ways.
Going for this thing in an appropriate direction would be helpful because i have personally used some and they provide amazing services .
Old 02-06-2017, 08:43 PM

ngocnghith2 is on a distinguished road
Every country has its own law. In my country, do travel you may not need office, you just need to business online. Being very popular nowadays. My Company: Let's Fly Travel