Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Living in Papua New Guinea > Port Moresby

Old 17-06-2003, 11:49 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Aon celebrates 30 years success in PNG

…….Finance minister commends Aon’s efforts, encourages foreign investment for efficient level of services - By Alison Anis

This week, in the nation’s capital, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea based Aon’s staff and management - proudly celebrated Aon’s 30 years of commitment and success in the country.

Invitations were dished out to companies, business houses and individuals who benefited directly from Aon’s services to celebrate its existence and operations in the country for the successful 3 decades.

More than 100 people (guests) including management team and staff from business houses and companies turned up on Monday evening for the cocktail reception at Crown Plaza – and were entertained to a traditional dance from Central province and the famous Mothlock Atolls knife dance.

Photograph - Richard Kassman seen here welcoming guests to help celebrate Aon's 30 Years commitment & success in Papua New Guinea :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg richard-kassman-1.jpg (24.3 KB, 396 views)
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 17-06-2003, 11:52 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

Their was an unusual change in the taste of tradition as the usual experienced and older dancers were replaced by the traditionally attired young boys who enthusiastically beat the drums, and girls in their high-pitched voice singing and gracefully swaying their long grass-skirts – to the beat of the drums.

Photograph - AON friendly helpful staff members :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aon-staff-women.jpg (41.8 KB, 389 views)
Old 17-06-2003, 11:54 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

Guest speakers included Minister for Finance and Treasury, Honorable Bart Philemon and Chief Executive Officer for Aon Holdings Australia Limited, Peter Harmer, who flew all the way from Australia to attend the function.

Mr Philemon when delivering his speech commended the staff and management of Aon for their services to the insurance industry in the country.

The Aon’s services in PNG include Aon consulting services, risks services, financial services and training services.

Mr Philemon highlighted that Aon’s operations in Papua New Guinea shows that PNG has business opportunities, especially in the financial sector that foreign investors and businessmen can enjoy and benefit.

He said: “Aon provides vital insurance broking services to the industry. As an intermediary to the insurance industry, it plays an important role in helping both businesses and individuals to secure best insurance services.

“I understand Aon has gone further to bolster its business activities in Papua New Guinea by establishing another venture, Aon Consulting (PNG) Limited, to provide consulting services in Papua New Guinea, especially for superannuation and pension funds management.”

Mr Philemon added that he had no doubt in Aon’s ability to deliver its services due to its international exposure and I trust that Aon will use this experience to deliver insurance broking services in our country.

The minister, on the other hand encourage foreign investment to bring capital and technology that Papua New Guinea does not have so that it can achieve most efficient level of services. He said this will also allow limited domestic resources to be available to potential local investors and businessmen.

Honourable Bart Philemon MP, Minister for Treasury :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bart-philemon1.jpg (34.6 KB, 379 views)
Old 17-06-2003, 11:57 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

Mr Harmer when addressing the crowded ballroom highlighted that Aon is also conscious of the potential of individual Papua New Guineans and has been very supportive in areas of sports, education and in the countries welfare by aiding organizations such as Red Cross, PNG Sports Federation and institutions such as University of Papua New Guinea.

Mr Philemon said Papua New Guinea can only rely on the expertise of Aon as well as other insurance brokers and insurers to assist in difficult financial circumstances that could place challenge in insurance industry.

“The current depressed environment has placed a difficult challenge to the insurance industry worldwide and hence, the placing of business by brokers, particularly in offshore markets due to the limited capacity of PNG insurance market to undertake such risks has become immensely difficult,” he stressed.

And given the limited capacity of local insurers to take on bigger risks, the Finance Treasury minister urge the PNG insurance industry to look at ways in which it can prepare itself to minimize such adverse situations in future.

“This could be achieved by local insurers reviewing their business strategies so that they can strengthen and improve their capacity overtime to retain business or risks onshore,” he added.

In his concluding remarks, Mr Philemon said he appreciated Aon’s commitment and success in Papua New Guinea and looks forward to the company bringing in further development and success in the country.

“I expect Aon’s stay in Papua New Guinea to go beyond the 30 years and will be equally successful or even better,” the minister concluded.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aon-boss.jpg (26.4 KB, 379 views)
Old 18-06-2003, 12:00 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

Photograph: Young Traditional Dancers waiting in the foyer to perform at the Aon function held at the Crowne Plaza, 16th June 2003 :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sing-sing-group-.jpg (54.7 KB, 374 views)
Old 18-06-2003, 12:04 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

Guest - Bob Bonser:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crowd-pic-with-blue-shirt.jpg (38.3 KB, 374 views)
Old 18-06-2003, 12:05 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

Crowd Photograph - Rod Robinson, Senior Associate, Pacific Legal Group - Lawyers :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crowd-pic-plg-rod-robinson.jpg (32.0 KB, 368 views)
Old 18-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

Members of AON staff in the background :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crowd-pic-3.jpg (56.8 KB, 360 views)
Old 18-06-2003, 12:12 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

Sing Sing dancers and crowd photograph :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crowd-and-sing-sing-dancers.jpg (46.3 KB, 355 views)
Old 18-06-2003, 12:14 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

My contact at AON, Paile Kini who I must say has proved 'very' helpful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paile-kini.jpg (21.3 KB, 345 views)