Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > Your Story and Experiences

Your Story and Experiences If you have ever visited Papua New Guinea as a traveller, please tell us about your experience.

Old 28-06-2005, 11:29 PM

Papuan_Princess is on a distinguished road
Red face My experience in PNG

Hey people!

I don't care if u don't believe me, but I'm gonna tell u anyway. My username tells u what I am by blood. If u don't believe me, it's no big deal. So...ye...my experiences in PNG is: I went there when i was 3 going on 4 and I really loved the place...

I went to Port Moresbey but..I dont' remember that place so much...but I do remember the village of Madang and Bill Bill island they were such beautiful places.

Tojah

Last edited by Papuan_Princess; 29-06-2005 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Wanted to add more
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 11-07-2005, 08:17 PM

Cool

First of all: How are u?.....who are u?....What's your name?......And how old are you? I'll tell you that I'm living in Far North Queensland, Australia. I'm in Grade 12 this year and I've got 3 and a half months to go until I graduate which is so cool. I'm hoping to go back to Papua New Guinea someday, I really love that place. Believe it or not, my first language was Pigin English and then English is my second language....I'm sorta getting a bit rusty on my Pigin though cos there isn't anyone but my mother and my Grandparents to talk to in Pigin and we hardly ever use it anymore ......
Old 20-12-2005, 08:12 AM

trisha@tau.olun is on a distinguished road
I sure do agree with you Papuan_Princess, about Madang. I went to Madang, when I was in grade 9, for the Junior Athletics Championship in 1998. We stayed over at Bil Bil, for almost a week.
Man, the place sure was clean, free of rubbish, the beach was also clean too. The people there were friendly n the family that we stayed over with were wonderful too.
Madang town sure was beautiful. I really enjoyed my few days there.
And I will never forget this place. I also felt safe and that is the fact. I am planning on going back to Madang just for a cruze....... if u know what I mean! That is when I come back home to PNG (mother land).

MADANG IS DA! I MEAN DA PLACE TO GO.
Old 28-09-2007, 12:34 PM

rkoomans is on a distinguished road
Hi Papua kekeni, from Bob K

Lau ena taubada sibona. but I only spoke little MOTU then as a PMV owner running from PM to Bereina back in 73 to 75.
My ex (Omohae Amoa) was from Aivau near Kerema, Gulf District. You were only 3 when you left? - maybe your mum didnt teach you Motu.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:09 PM

Cool To rkoomans

Hey there mate

First of all I went to papuan new guinea for a three week holiday before my 4th birthday and I loved the place to bits!! I never lived there and I wasn't born there although my Grandmother was born in keapara and my Mum was born in Port Moresby. I would've loved to have learned Motu. My Great-grandma spoke it to me every day and I still never picked it up. lol. I wish I did.

My mum, however, spoke to me in Pigin English and I've been speaking that since day dot. Although I am a bit rusty and I need to brush up on my pigin english a bit.

here is my email:

happy_chick777@hotmail.com

you can also find me on facebook:

Tojah Lisa Hewett

anyway, bye for now.

Tojah
Old 12-08-2008, 04:32 PM

saina is on a distinguished road
Its cool to know you guys really love your roots.
i am proud of you guys. I always thought to myself that i would have to finish all Holiday destination here in PNG before i go for holidays overseas. though i go overseas more than three times per year since i started work, its all official trip.
my next big trip coming up in the christmas period of 2009 is the Island Trip. From Buka to East New Britian then to New Ireland Back to East New Britain to West New Britian across to Siasi Island then onward to to Madand down to Lae continue on to Popondetta and a week Kokoda Tracking back to POM.
Its quite expensive i know but hey.. i already started bugetting for it.

Along the way i might atleast master some language terms of those places to boost my Local Language Knowledge.
Old 21-10-2008, 04:05 PM

jenan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by saina
Its cool to know you guys really love your roots.
i am proud of you guys. I always thought to myself that i would have to finish all Holiday destination here in PNG before i go for holidays overseas. though i go overseas more than three times per year since i started work, its all official trip.
my next big trip coming up in the christmas period of 2009 is the Island Trip. From Buka to East New Britian then to New Ireland Back to East New Britain to West New Britian across to Siasi Island then onward to to Madand down to Lae continue on to Popondetta and a week Kokoda Tracking back to POM.
Its quite expensive i know but hey.. i already started bugetting for it.

Along the way i might atleast master some language terms of those places to boost my Local Language Knowledge.
Hi Saina, sounds like a great trip - how hard is it to organise a trip to Siassi Island, as that is something I might want to do, probably from Lae when I go to PNG next year. Like you, i'm budgeting too! Is it possible to organise it from Australia or would it be better to wait till I get there?
Old 27-12-2008, 05:33 PM

Hi Papuan Princess, sorry - away for a while. Mi tu, mi save tok pisin. Taim mi stap long Lae, 1966, mi gat wok long CDW (Woksinhousin) Kompaun, klostu Ela Motors.
I like to keep up practice with my Melanesian Pidgin - as read, Write and speak it. I was required to be proficient as a Public Servant then.
I later married my 1st wife (Omohae Amoa) in Lae in 1969, she was from Kerema Area in the Gulf District, Papua. I speak only a little Motu, mainly that needed as a PMV operator PM to Bereina. I still remember that song the Kids sang at church though, and try to let my other kids appreciate Motu language. (Did you know Motuans also lived on the Mainland of North Queensland before Europeans arrived? There are places named "Toolakea" (Tura-kea) and others in the Olokolo language near Weipa (Veipa).
I wrote an oral history condensed for reading, and submitted it to the Queensland Museum, in Brisbane' South Bank.
Old 27-12-2008, 05:39 PM

Smile Kids Church song in MOTU

this little song starts in Motu, and repeats in English:
"Iesu ia ura henia,
Mara gidia bodiae,
Kaka-kaka koremai,
kura-kura namona,
tanobada mara gidia bodiai"
(English:
Jesus loves the little children, ...
all the children of the world, ....
red and yellow, black and white,
all are precious in His sight,
Jesus loves all the children of the World.)
Old 27-12-2008, 05:57 PM

Yes, descendants of Papuans have made an impact on Australian Society: Just as my kids have. Alex Jackway (b.1969 in PM) was trained to be a Lawyer, but chose to join the Police Force in Brisbane. Richard (b.1971 in Mt.Gambier SA) was a department section Manager, and also Joined the Police. Moita (b.1972 in Mt. Gambier) became a Nurse, married an American and became a Nursing Supervisor in California. Cathy (b.1976 in Cairns, FNQ) became an environment scientist, later Department Assist. Director in Canberra (unmarried). Jamie (b.1985 in Townsville) is an Ambulance Officer, also served with the Army in east Timor. Robbie (b.1988) works for the Qld. Office of Child safety. Many other such kids have done really well, and not wasted resources like many original inhabitants have.