Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > Your Story and Experiences

Your Story and Experiences If you have ever visited Papua New Guinea as a traveller, please tell us about your experience.

Old 25-01-2005, 01:02 PM

breyburn is on a distinguished road
Andawayufa - budget rural accommodation - near Goroka - Eastern Highlands

Hi to readers of this forum.

I visited PNG in 2004 - Port Moresby, Goroka Show, Madang. Hope to return soon.

I also visited the new Andawayufa resource centre budget accommodation option just out of Goroka. Last week I received an account of the official opening, which i have posted to the pictures I took during my visit.

Check out http://www.geocities.com/rbreyburn/

Any feedback welcome.

Bruce Reyburn
25 Jan 2005
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 25-01-2005, 01:35 PM

mangitbay is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Congratulations

Bro: Excellent...Keep up the good work. We need more of these positive images and stories aboard.

We have to work smarter to attract visitors into remote parts of the country and experience the real PNG life style. We will surely get there and this forum is doing just that.

Good stuff guys and keep it up!

.........Merci........ mangitbay
The beginning of wisdom is fear of the LORD, which is formed with the faithful in the womb. Sirach 1:12- Pro-Life

Last edited by mangitbay; 25-01-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 31-01-2005, 03:51 PM

Luci is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Cheers for Goroka and surroundings

Hey Thunder Bay ! We live in Toronto !
We had a wonderful time in Okiufa (near Goroka) last September. Travelled through Papua New Guinea for a month.
Nothing but praise for the wonderful people of Papua New Guinea.

When and Where did you go / stay ?
Old 01-02-2005, 01:46 AM

Smile Manus Province

Thanks: We went for our summer break (July 2004) to Manus Province and stayed on Ponam Island. I posted few pictures of our trip in this forum.

We are now back in Thunder Bay and looking forward of doing the same next summer or so.

This summer we are planning to vist few friends in Quebec following highway 11 then returning along highway 17, to see Maple leafs along Lake Superior. Do a bit of camping along Wawa area as well.

Go Maple!

..cheers..mangitbay
The beginning of wisdom is fear of the LORD, which is formed with the faithful in the womb. Sirach 1:12- Pro-Life
Old 02-02-2005, 04:10 PM

Luci is on a distinguished road
I'll try to locate your photos in the forum. Sure wish you a good time in Quebec next summer.

If you plan to return to PNG, do visit the Mountain Crater Region. Most beautiful landscape I have ever seen. Warm welcome in Maimafu where you can stay in a guest house. Let me know if you are interested/need info. Had you travelled PNG before ?

Did you dive in Manus or Ponam? We dove off West New Britain... pinnacles !
Old 04-02-2005, 08:31 AM

Luci: We did a bit of diving along the coral reefs around Ponam Island, Manus Province. However, most of the time was taken fishing for Yellowfin tuna and marlin. We plan to visit other areas around Manus te next time we are home.

There are lots to see, however the plan always changes at the very last minute..thanks..mangitbay
Old 29-06-2005, 11:24 AM

Papuan_Princess is on a distinguished road
My experience in PNG and what i know about my family in PNG.

Hi...just to let u know,

I went to Papua New Guinea when I was a 3y.o going on 4yrs. I loved the place very much and I hope to go and visit the village where my Grandma was born. The village is called Keapara and it's somewhere near Port Moresby. My family and I visited Madang and I loved it very much. In Keapara, my Great Grandmother was the Princess of her tribe and her father was the Chief. So basically, I am a Princess in Keapara by Blood. I didn't find that out until 2001 in Grade 8. I thought it was pretty cool but no-one except my close friends and a couple of teachers believed me......pretty funny though.

Tojah
Old 17-05-2006, 05:32 PM

stephenbennett is on a distinguished road
Hello All!
I am an American Portrait Artist coming to Goroka in 2006.
I would liketo make some portraits of the people there.
I would like for these portraits to be used to promote the cultures ther and to assist in any way possible.
Please look at my work at www.theportraitpainter.com
THanks
If anyone has any ideas let me know.
I am also looking for lodging there>
Stephen